Just a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought

Just a thought but if the team had come back from the enforced break with anything like their pre Coronavirus form how much money would the club have received from viewing rights, I had planned to watch all 9 games but I'm not paying £10 a match to watch sub par performances....we might be safe from the drop but there was still something to play for and the team no longer seem interested.

I wouldn’t blame anyone for not bothering to pay the tenner to watch the games . The club have made it quite clear since January it was all about cutting costs and looking towards next season by not replacing any of the players that left (Wells , Scowen ,Leistner ) etc.

Comment

Playing for your place and to play for something cup/ promotion / relegation is part of a professional footballers mentality take that away and you get the results we did but I see it as the managers job to get the team right to play as if there was something to play for. I don't think Warbs did that initially but last night's game showed that he had seemed to?

Comment

Totally agree lofter as you need an end goal to play at your maximum capability however I don't think that gobby y ank we have in our boardroom does the team any favours. They are very handsomely paid professionals so of course they should have been ready but all the shite from that mans mouth wouldn't of done the club any good as it was the same for everyone!
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Totally agree lofter as you need an end goal to play at your maximum capability however I don't think that gobby y ank we have in our boardroom does the team any favours. They are very handsomely paid professionals so of course they should have been ready but all the shite from that mans mouth wouldn't of done the club any good as it was the same for everyone!
          Agree with you I think Hoos has done well regarding staying within our ffp restraints but coming out and saying the club weren’t ready to play again was unprofessional and gave the players an excuse to under perform .

Comment

Going into the Barnsley game a push was for playoffs was mathematically possible and my feeling is many were optimistic (not me of course, I was worried about the drop, but that's another story). So, I suspect the take-up for stream of Barnsley game was relatively healthy. Would be interesting to see viewing figures and revenues but I guess we never will. I assume subsequent viewing numbers collapsed as we desended into awfulness. One thing though, you have to deduct the broadcasting partner's cut and VAT from the tenner so I'd be surprised if club made more than a fiver per viewer so that's what, maybe £25K for Barnsley game and then £75 for Wednesday game? I don't think it was a huge money spinner but our collapse in form conceivably cost us £30K in subs I suppose?
            You could argue our attendances would have dropped if there were crowds - people would have voted with their feet instead of their mouses. Basically, the team play crud, fans give up and club loses money.

Comment

I decided to take the option of money back ( not that they've given me any) as I can't watch football with no crowds and I need the money . With what I've read performance wise I'm glad I did . This nothing to play for grates me ,I loved to win even at football training and would give my left bllck to be young enough to play again . Have watched the highlights on EFL show and to see players strolling back when the oppo have the ball is not good enough . All players sign a contract and if they don't properly fullfil it by giving 100% shd be fined

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Going into the Barnsley game a push was for playoffs was mathematically possible and my feeling is many were optimistic (not me of course, I was worried about the drop, but that's another story). So, I suspect the take-up for stream of Barnsley game was relatively healthy. Would be interesting to see viewing figures and revenues but I guess we never will. I assume subsequent viewing numbers collapsed as we desended into awfulness. One thing though, you have to deduct the broadcasting partner's cut and VAT from the tenner so I'd be surprised if club made more than a fiver per viewer so that's what, maybe £25K for Barnsley game and then £75 for Wednesday game? I don't think it was a huge money spinner but our collapse in form conceivably cost us £30K in subs I suppose?
                You could argue our attendances would have dropped if there were crowds - people would have voted with their feet instead of their mouses. Basically, the team play crud, fans give up and club loses money.
                Surely with the possibility then of that play off push, there'd have been far more than 5000 signing up?...I know season ticket holders wouldn't be paying again but 5000 seems low to me.

Comment

Bowlocks to this nothing to play for etc.
                  Hoos and Warburton ranting about the restarrewas just an excuse becayse they knew the club as a whole was ill prepared.

Comment

Working...
                  X