Matt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Smith

Just scored again! He has approximately same goal per minute ratio as Wells and that Fulham top scorer. Impressive! He does not fit our style of play but a great player for a route one team such as Millwall

Ideal for Millwall.

Comment

I don't think he suits this QPR side, right choice to sell

But credit where it's due. Smithy doing great and we know he does score goals in a system that suits him. I think I saw Millwall are something like 8th!

Well done Matty Smith
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Always liked Matt.
        Rather have him in our team than against us, but if the baker wasn't going to give him game time, then happy for him to find someone who would.

Comment

He's a decent whole-hearted player. I suspect if our finances were more healthy we would have hung on to him. I understand the idea he didn't suit our style but honestly, how hard is it to occasionally hang a ball up to the far post and let the the big fellah up top nod it home? If we are going to pursue Man City type tikka-takka football we will just embarass ourselves - there's a middle-ground approach based on pragmatism and awareness of ability of our squad.

Comment

We are 3rd highest scorers in the championship, so selling Matt hasn’t really held us back . Defending has been our Achilles heel .

Comment

Working...
            X