Hammers are having a laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mem View Post
    Reminds me of when we let Trevor Sinclair go in exchange for Dowie and Rowland. Better not happen again!!
    The worst bit of business in our history I think

Comment

Hugill wouldnt sign for us either way,on about €5,000 a week .
      I suspect we could see him back on loan next season

Comment

I've got some Euro.

Do you think I can flog them to Les at inflated rates to pay Hugill?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

The worst bit of business in our history I think
          It was a bleak period with others like Mike Sheron and Mark Hately arriving around that time too.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

It was a bleak period with others like Mike Sheron and Mark Hately arriving around that time too.
            Apologies but I must disagree as I believe Hateley was bought as a ‘replacement’ for the £6M we got for Les in 95. The other half? of the fee we received went on players like Zelic, Osborn, Ord etc and naturally we were relegated the very next season!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Apologies but I must disagree as I believe Hateley was bought as a ‘replacement’ for the £6M we got for Les in 95. The other half? of the fee we received went on players like Zelic, Osborn, Ord etc and naturally we were relegated the very next season!
              Yes, but Hately managed 27 games over two seasons and only scored three goals. I seem to remember that he was even injured when we signed him. Hardly a succesful signing and a damn awful return on the £1.5m of the £6m we got from the Les transfer. But I do agree the others weren't much cop either!

The Les, Sinclair and premiership money were all wasted. That why I was glad to focus on development because we seem to go a bit dizzy with money to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                Reminds me of when we let Trevor Sinclair go in exchange for Dowie and Rowland. Better not happen again!!
                Still hurts today.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, but Hately managed 27 games over two seasons and only scored three goals. I seem to remember that he was even injured when we signed him. Hardly a succesful signing and a damn awful return on the £1.5m of the £6m we got from the Les transfer. But I do agree the others weren't much cop either!

The Les, Sinclair and premiership money were all wasted. That why I was glad to focus on development because we seem to go a bit dizzy with money to spend.
                  Yes hateley was injured when he was signed .

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes hateley was injured when he was signed .
                    Yes! Can't remember opposition but it was a night game I think and he hobbled out onto pitch on crutches to be paraded as our fantastic new signing. He was wearing a long leather coat and pretty sure he had sunglasses on and his ridiculous permatan. Idiot looked like Neo out of The Matrix. A truly horrific moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Yes! Can't remember opposition but it was a night game I think and he hobbled out onto pitch on crutches to be paraded as our fantastic new signing. He was wearing a long leather coat and pretty sure he had sunglasses on and his ridiculous permatan. Idiot looked like Neo out of The Matrix. A truly horrific moment.
                      I still haven't forgotten how crap he was nor that he was preferred by Houston over Dichio the following season.

Comment

Working...
                      X