On a lighter note , not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a lighter note , not

How many clubs will go to the wall because of this pandemic , I think our game will be changed in some way just not sure how much , and sad to say a lot of people won’t be that bothered .

Reckon it's fair to say that many aspects of our daily lives will change. Is that a bad thing though? I feel that a general "reset" will actually lead to many things being better in the long run. Current state of football makes me puke to be honest and I'd not be that bothered if the current set-up fell apart. I'd hope that a more palatable version of football would rise from the ashes.

Comment

Don't know how the smaller clubs will pay wages , big changes are a coming

Comment

I agree with you abs , was getting a bit fed up with football and the over inflated wages and attitudes of some of the players. Maybe things will change but I’m not overly hopeful, as for the so called smaller clubs , god knows what’s going to happen to them . Could this eventually lead to a European super league which seems inevitable.

Comment

Been fed up with PL football for years , the cheating , diving , players trying to get players sent off..badge kissing mercenaries that are willing to sit in the reserves and cop big money rather than play for another team on less money

Comment

I am hoping this is the wake up call football needed. It is so far removed from the fans now and the elite are happy to let the pyramid go to the wall. More chance all this will do is speed up the European League the elite teams seem to crave. Hope I’m wrong and football does reset itself to something the fan can relate to again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              I am hoping this is the wake up call football needed. It is so far removed from the fans now and the elite are happy to let the pyramid go to the wall. More chance all this will do is speed up the European League the elite teams seem to crave. Hope I’m wrong and football does reset itself to something the fan can relate to again.
              A European super league might be something that might be success for TV and the clubs but it's not something I'd be interested in. I believe in the UK and English football is top of the pyramid. If the top six English club bailed then good bye from me. We'd have more chance of being in the top tier too and I hope its salary capped to make it competitive for all clubs.

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath chaps. If something new came out of all this it will undoubtedly be based around TV requirements, not fans, players or clubs.
                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
                  How many clubs will go to the wall because of this pandemic , I think our game will be changed in some way just not sure how much , and sad to say a lot of people won’t be that bothered .
                  I see today that Sheff Weds have been let off (I mean charges have been dropped) of alleged FFP breaches similar to what got us a massive fine, I wonder if it's a pragmatic response to the current situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I see today that Sheff Weds have been let off (I mean charges have been dropped) of alleged FFP breaches similar to what got us a massive fine, I wonder if it's a pragmatic response to the current situation?
                    I had a feeling something like this would happen regarding ffp, this pandemic has changed everything.

Comment

Can’t see there being a euro league U.K. wants 14 day isolation to start. Can’t blag they tested every 24 hours as it will go against what general public can or can’t do

The PL full of divers etc we all know that what I don’t get is the EFL not really offering any firm advice, league 2 ended when let’s be honest no one knows if season will start in August anyway. I’d imagine 2 things coming well run clubs will ok and those not best look at overheads as there’s going to be no fans until a vaccine arrives. If some clubs go #### up it’s sad for fans as they lose out players just jog on to next pay packet. The whole U.K. in for a catastrophic recession like all things it will bounce back when no idea

Comment

Working...
                      X