Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot about your scientific background. Thanks

Nothing to do with science, just my opinion.

The same as your comments were your opinion.
    However I'm sorry that me having a different opinion to yours is such a problem for you that you feel the need to use sarcasm to put me and my opinion down.

Time will tell who is right and I still believe the games should and still will be played.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

If that happened clubs would lose out on the TV and match day revenue. Sly certainly will not pay for games they cannot televise. That would leave clubs with a massive whole in their finances. We would whistle for decent money for our stars in the summer to a point that they would talk for free the following summer.
      Maybe you're right? But, this season isn't going to get completed. The discussion today should revolve around how promotion/relegations will be addressed and how prize monies and TV revenues will be distributed. I'd hope these sort of discussions are going on now even if they're currently badged as plan D. Sky have plenty of money - not a big ask for them to stump up for this season in full in return for them being granted an extension to current contract for a couple more years or so on existing terms/rates. This might mean EPL and EFL don't benefit from getting a big new deal as soon as they would have liked but it avoids or mitigates the financial tsunami some people predict would happen if this season were cancelled.
      Simple fact is this: daily/normal life is going to look very different for a long time. Some things will change irreversibly and many businesses will never recover- the idea that football is special and must be protected from this is really tawdry, particularly when the reasoning boils down to TV money. Football is no more important than Love Island or Coronation Street.... when these shows have resumed filming maybe it'll be appropriate to think about football resuming.

Comment

I have to say that now I cannot see this season being completed in any way whatsoever.. Time for the authorities of football in England to work out how to wind this season up, I don't have the answers but I just cannot see how the games can be played closed doors or otherwise.
        Time to move on, health comes first.

Comment

The Premier League and FA will get onto a whole load of litigation if its relegations and promotions are decided without the season being completed.

This lockdown will end eventually (new cases are starting to come down in Europe) and games will either get played behind close doors from June, or it will restart in August followed by a two week gap for a transfer window and then go straight into next season from Oct. IMHO.

Comment

Players off until at least June? Just can't see it restarting, impact on next season with euros in June, just can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              Anything that does happen will be behind closed doors
              Might be better to have a small gate all sitting 2m apart and leaving spaced out.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Might be better to have a small gate all sitting 2m apart and leaving spaced out.
                Be like Caraboa Cup games then!?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Be like Caraboa Cup games then!?
                  Well better then closed doors

Comment

Well better then closed doors
                    Stadia capacity reduced to 33% and games televised seems a sensible option come June. Stewards would need to let fans in and out at a safe distance.

Comment

Eeek! One turnstile open at each gate. Entrants 2 m apart. Three? empty seats between attendees, staggered social distanced departure?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Eeek! One turnstile open at each gate. Entrants 2 m apart. Three? empty seats between attendees, staggered social distanced departure?
                        yeah could work to get the footy back on and be safe....hooped face masks.

Comment

With groups of people shouting and singing 2m will not be good enough.

Comment

Finishing the remaining fixtures is the fair thing to do, but I can't see how it will work.

The easiest thing to do is to completley cancel the season and start again giving each team money based on their leagues position prior to lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                              Finishing the remaining fixtures is the fair thing to do, but I can't see how it will work.

The easiest thing to do is to conpelelty cancelctjis season and start again giving each team money based on their leagues position prior to lockdown.
                              That will never happen due to the huge amount of money involved with promotion and relegation. This season will get finished even if it doesn't start until Sept.

The longer this goes on I can see the impact being on next season. I can see a shorter season with all clubs being grouped into A,B,C,D teams based on their perceived strength and player budget. Each team will play the same number of group A teams (etc) home and away without necessarily doing that against the same clubs. You will have the same number of home and away games against teams of a similar standard. A 32 game season would see teams play 8 games (4 home 4 away) against randon teams in each of the four ABCD groups.

If that doesnt happen every team will have to play twice a week and will be forced to use their whole squads to safeguard players against injury or cover when they are injured. There will be a lot of player rotating.

Comment

EFL seem to think they can complete the season behind closed doors.

Too many unkowns at this point, and no options being put forward by those in charge apart from the above mentioned.

Surely money can roll over?

Comment

Working...
                                X