Remaining fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaining fixtures

The EFL thinks they can get these and the playoffs completed with 56 days and these are likely to be played behind closed doors.

This would surely mean delaying next season, because players will need to get some sort of pre season style training and friendlies first. We will also see some strange early season style results too as the players get back into their rythm again and this might put a different look to the league tables than we would otherwise have seen.

Also, if they ay behind closed doors I would like to think that all games will be made available to watch via club websites and home games free of charge to ST holders. Although to be honest a lot of these games have no atmosphere and can be a bit boring.

I think viewers watching games in the Premiership and cup competitions but support neither side are more likely to switch off.

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    The EFL thinks they can get these and the playoffs completed with 56 days and these are likely to be played behind closed doors.

This would surely mean delaying next season, because players will need to get some sort of pre season style training and friendlies first. We will also see some strange early season style results too as the players get back into their rythm again and this might put a different look to the league tables than we would otherwise have seen.

Also, if they ay behind closed doors I would like to think that all games will be made available to watch via club websites and home games free of charge to ST holders. Although to be honest a lot of these games have no atmosphere and can be a bit boring.

I think viewers watching games in the Premiership and cup competitions but support neither side are more likely to switch off.
    shame it weren't decided on last 6 current form.

leeds and qpr promoted.

wba v luton…………...play offs
    wigan v millwall…...play offs

Comment

This season won't be finished it will start afresh in Aug if we have got control of the virus
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

New cases are coming down across Europe with some countries relaxing their lockdowns. I'm confident the season will start again during the first week of June and with play off games early July.

Certainly no reason for meaningless pre-season friendlies!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          This season won't be finished it will start afresh in Aug if we have got control of the virus

No chance.

The remaining games SHOULD and will be played

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            New cases are coming down across Europe with some countries relaxing their lockdowns. I'm confident the season will start again during the first week of June and with play off games early July.

Indeed, they should be match fit if they are still playing competitively until July, give'em a break and then training for the new season. But then there's new signings to bed in?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I am glad to see you are optimistic, Sheepy. Even though it is a completely different sport, I got a bit nervous when I noticed the International Skiing Federation thinks we have to write off the entire season 2020/2021 (it lasts from November to March). I am afraid it can take much longer than we think to re-kick the season, whether played behind closed doors or not.

Comment

Anything that does happen will be behind closed doors

Comment

I'm confident the games will be behind closed doors, but at the stadiums so the TV facilities can be used for broadcasting every one. There are thousands of key workers out there now rubbing shoulders so there's no reason why footballers cant play competitively in six weeks time.

I'm sure the new cases reported every day will be reduced enough by then to allow small gatherings. That will be sufficient to put on televised football matches with no attendees.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

No chance.

The remaining games SHOULD and will be played
                    Oh I'm sorry. I forgot about your scientific background. Thanks
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I watched some of that europa cup game man u played behind closed doors turned it off , it was souless

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        I watched some of that europa cup game man u played behind closed doors turned it off , it was souless
                        I agree with you and sheep ranger.

They will be played without fans in the stadium, be shown live on tv and other media streams and will often be souless which will lessen the enjoyment.

Comment

Just call the season off now, hand out the medals and stop prevaricating. Reckon it's more sensible to focus on preparing for 20/21 Season and ensuring that happens on schedule if possible. Footballers can't play in the heat and playing football in high summer will be detrimental to the attendances and finances of summer sports like cricket and Rugby League. Really gets on my wick that football thinks it's so important it simply has to continue and have a proper ending even if that means no spectators, ruining other sports and flogging players to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            Just call the season off now, hand out the medals and stop prevaricating. Reckon it's more sensible to focus on preparing for 20/21 Season and ensuring that happens on schedule if possible. Footballers can't play in the heat and playing football in high summer will be detrimental to the attendances and finances of summer sports like cricket and Rugby League. Really gets on my wick that football thinks it's so important it simply has to continue and have a proper ending even if that means no spectators, ruining other sports and flogging players to death.
                            If that happened clubs would lose out on the TV and match day revenue. Sly certainly will not pay for games they cannot televise. That would leave clubs with a massive whole in their finances. We would whistle for decent money for our stars in the summer to a point that they would talk for free the following summer.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

shame it weren't decided on last 6 current form.

leeds and qpr promoted.

wba v luton…………...play offs
                              wigan v millwall…...play offs
                              I was thinking this the other day,it will do for me

Comment

Working...
                              X