Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are now on 42 points which would have kept us up in three out of the last four seasons. The exception being when Blackburn went down with 51 points.

We need another 3 wins and a draw to be guaranteed from the next 13 games. After that comeback today there seems enough in the team to get 10 points from the next 39 available.

Wigan went down with 53 points a few years before that.
    in all likelihood 50 points should be enough this year but it's going to be very exciting .
    cant write off any team at the moment,just look at Luton and Barnsley as examples .
    we so badly needed that win yesterday and hopefully can build on it. It would be nice to be able to enjoy the relegation battle in the final few games without us involved.

Comment

I'm not getting too carried away and relaxing just yet.
      The last two games have been a lot better in different ways, but picking up 4 points is very welcome.
      Stoke were very poor, let's not forget, and we still missed a hatful of chances that other teams will punish us harder for.
      The bottom teams are showing signs fight and recovery, we were appalling defensively early on.

Comment

Based on the season up to now 32 points from 33 matches is enough to stay out of the relegation zone. Extrapolating this to an entire season indicates 44 or 45 points will be enough. This is the best assumption right now and my guess for minimum number of points to stay up. This means we need another 3 or 4 points.

However, things can happen and we might need more points, but it is not very likely we require 50 points. Statistically, 48 points would be enough with 95% certainty given how things stand now. But it is obviously still the best idea to have our eyes set on minimum 50 points.

Comment

True and probably lose at forest and then win one of birmingham or derby. Then one more win needed. On our day we can of course beat anyone or lose to them. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
            Based on the season up to now 32 points from 33 matches is enough to stay out of the relegation zone. Extrapolating this to an entire season indicates 44 or 45 points will be enough. This is the best assumption right now and my guess for minimum number of points to stay up. This means we need another 3 or 4 points.

However, things can happen and we might need more points, but it is not very likely we require 50 points. Statistically, 48 points would be enough with 95% certainty given how things stand now. But it is obviously still the best idea to have our eyes set on minimum 50 points.
            Not sure about extrapolating based on the season so far. I think teams towards the bottom of the league are more likely to get a few more points towards the end on the season as their dire predicament becomes clearer and more imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lozzer45 View Post
              True and probably lose at forest and then win one of birmingham or derby. Then one more win needed. On our day we can of course beat anyone or lose to them. Who knows?
              Thisparticularly the last paragraph

Comment

Dont see how anyone is worried about relegation. We was never in any danger as we will pick up wins here and there

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                  Dont see how anyone is worried about relegation. We was never in any danger as we will pick up wins here and there
                  A loss yesterday would have ramped up the concern especially with bottom teams winning, this is QPR, never say never, anything can happen!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    I'm not getting too carried away and relaxing just yet.
                    The last two games have been a lot better in different ways, but picking up 4 points is very welcome.
                    Stoke were very poor, let's not forget, and we still missed a hatful of chances that other teams will punish us harder for.
                    The bottom teams are showing signs fight and recovery, we were appalling defensively early on.
                    Did you go Dave?

Comment

A scrappy draw away to Swansea and it was looking like we'd never score again. After the Stoke win I agree with you, but before the game, when we went 2-0 down and teams below us were picking up points it was looking very bleak. Those four goals have meant I'm sure we'll pick up the 10-12 points we need to be mathematically safe.

I wouldnt want to be going away to WBA on the last game of the season looking for points to stay up!!

Comment

You have to aim for 50pts in this league. Yeah, some years 40 might do and other years it might take 53 to be safe. I posted elsewhere recently that we only won 3 of our last 16 games last season - a repeat of that sort of form could well well see us safe but who wants to go past Easter still looking over their shoulder and wondering how Luton did?????
                        Irrespective of relegation/safety I'd like us to build rhythm, shape and momentum for next season by treating every remaining game like a cup final and learning how to win games back-to-back with a clear idea what our 1st XI is.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Not sure about extrapolating based on the season so far. I think teams towards the bottom of the league are more likely to get a few more points towards the end on the season as their dire predicament becomes clearer and more imminent.

I do not think there is any statistically evidence for that. I assume it is equally common that teams at the bottom of the table fold, go on as before or improve.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

A scrappy draw away to Swansea and it was looking like we'd never score again. After the Stoke win I agree with you, but before the game, when we went 2-0 down and teams below us were picking up points it was looking very bleak. Those four goals have meant I'm sure we'll pick up the 10-12 points we need to be mathematically safe.

I wouldnt want to be going away to WBA on the last game of the season looking for points to stay up!!
                            I would normally agree with you and Gator as in previous season I would fear the worse and feel we may not survive, however with Warburton (not saying he is our future) he has put a squad just about good enough to stay up. Even if we was only 6 points clear right now, I wouldn't even consider relegation as a possibility

Comment

I would normally agree with you and Gator as in previous season I would fear the worse and feel we may not survive, however with Warburton (not saying he is our future) he has put a squad just about good enough to stay up. Even if we was only 6 points clear right now, I wouldn't even consider relegation as a possibility
                              MW has done a very good job with what he has, the squad seems reasonably balanced in all positions even after the transfer window clear out, except at striker, that was my biggest concern, I thought our goaless run was going to continue and the way we can leak goals I didn't see many more points! Saturdays' thrilling 4 goal comeback victory over a lower table rival has alleviated many of my fears (for now), we should be able to nick a couple more results and stay up comfortably!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X