Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Review So Far

Just thought I would give my thoughts on the season so far,

i think all this talk of sacking MW is ridiculous, where did most of the people on here thought we would be at this point in the season, 23rd, 21st?

the fact that we are playing good football at times and he is getting the best out of our young and exciting players, do you think that if Warnock came in and had one window to work in do you think he would keep BOS Eze and Chair in the starting 11. no he wouldnt he would sign over priced experienced players and lump the ball long to Hugil, which i have had enough of watching over the years.

to see our academy players playing with no fear, taking on players and looking like they could be really good ball players is great to see.

Yes i agree and new CB and GK are needed Lumley needs to go off and sort out his mentality, he just doesnt have the confidence right now and clumsy mistakes are costing us points, where every single one counts.

Personally i would like to see this season out with MW have another summer of sales and buys and then at this point next season we should look the situation we are in.

i hate going to the games and hearing all the negativity around how we are playing, i have never understood why we dont get behind this team that are overachieving more...

Started off better than we thought we would but are simply returning to type.

Only 5 teams have lost more than us and 4 are in the bottom 4 which is something we need to address by seeing games out when there are points to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Started off better than we thought we would but are simply returning to type.

Only 5 teams have lost more than us and 4 are in the bottom 4 which is something we need to address by seeing games out when there are points to be had.
      i understand what you mean but its not like we are not creating the chances, i have watch all home games this season and 2 away games and we have been poor in some but we still create 1 or 2 chances. Look at Wells, he was on fire went away on the international break came back a different player, he just needs confidence and then we will have a goal scorer that can move us up the table

Comment

One season review, you're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Whats that another pointless comment?!?!, no constructive comments. how many games you seen us play this season?

Comment

Hhhmm I smell a rat here.
            Very aggressive reply to a light hearted post
            Get the feeling we have exchanged before.
            Don't like it just ignore me, as I will you from now on.
            Wondering who you really are, obviously too cowardly to reveal your true identity
            Bye

Comment

this season is going downhill fast ,loads of ST holders not about yesterday and rubbish crowd 13k , no atmosphere

Comment

Hhhmm I smell a rat here.
                Very aggressive reply to a light hearted post
                Get the feeling we have exchanged before.
                Don't like it just ignore me, as I will you from now on.
                Wondering who you really are, obviously too cowardly to reveal your true identity
                Bye
                Sorry Dave, but I was a bit at a loss to understand your comment, but that's just me.

Anyhoo, here's to a new year, the hope of a change of tactics, and points to come. Although I think what we have and what we will gain will be enough to scrape by (once more), a few more points on the board will ease the tension on my anxiety and internal workings!

Happy new year to one and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Sorry Dave, but I was a bit at a loss to understand your comment, but that's just me.

Anyhoo, here's to a new year, the hope of a change of tactics, and points to come. Although I think what we have and what we will gain will be enough to scrape by (once more), a few more points on the board will ease the tension on my anxiety and internal workings!

Happy new year to one and all.

Hello undecided, I too am at a loss with your comment mate
                  I answered Munster 143 on here.....???
                  I just tried to cheer myself and hopefully others with a Witty visual supposed to be funny take on our season after a gut wrenching defeat.
                  Anyway happy New year

Comment

Originally posted by Munster143 View Post
                    Personally i would like to see this season out with MW have another summer of sales and buys and then at this point next season we should look the situation we are in
                    So would I, but I fear our new business model will mean the best will always be sold to balance the books. So, new signings will come in and new academy players blooded again. I'm not sure we'll get to see a settled team for many years to come.

I would be surprised to see Eze, Manning and Chair start with us next season. If we can stay in the championship and occasionally challenge for a 6th place play off spot that's good enough for me.

Comment

Sorry Dave, I'm sure it was meant in good humour, but I just don't get it. But that's just me.

Guess its one of those "you had to be there" things.

But happy new year - and onwards and upwards!

Comment

Only Lumley came through our Academy after being released from Spurs.

Comment

Working...
                        X