Want to “heal” Lumley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to “heal” Lumley?

Lumley may, or may never, have the requisite “tools” to be a solid goaltender — good hands, movement, distribution, etc.

But what I would do now, and I mean now, is put Joe together with a top sports psychologist to try and get his head back in the game.

Since his first few fixtures in a QPR uniform last year, Lumley has lost both his bark AND his balls.

He has that “deer-in-the-headlights” look of uncertainty fueled with fear; and as for directing the defense in front of him he is as quiet as a church mouse.

Joe needs a confidence boost that will not happen from coaches making excuses for him, or other players making allowances for him.

Short of this, Joe Lumley will continue to disappoint, and his career days as a serious footballer will be numbered.
    Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 30-12-2019, 05:49 AM.

He needs to be told to catch kick and save the ball not much else

Comment

Maybe a brain transplant would be the cheaper option?
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

He needs to #### off to a new club .

Comment

Send him out on loan and give Dieng a chance in January.

Comment

Didn't we bring in a good sports psychiatrist a few years back who had a positive impact?
            As much as Lumley frustrates me, I do feel for him as his confidence is shot.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              Lumley may, or may never, have the requisite “tools” to be a solid goaltender — good hands, movement, distribution, etc.

But what I would do now, and I mean now, is put Joe together with a top sports psychologist to try and get his head back in the game.

Since his first few fixtures in a QPR uniform last year, Lumley has lost both his bark AND his balls.

He has that “deer-in-the-headlights” look of uncertainty fueled with fear; and as for directing the defense in front of him he is as quiet as a church mouse.

Joe needs a confidence boost that will not happen from coaches making excuses for him, or other players making allowances for him.

Short of this, Joe Lumley will continue to disappoint, and his career days as a serious footballer will be numbered.
              he needs a good kick in the BALLS, that will make him bark.

Comment

Joe has never been right since he got that kick in the head at Villa never been the same keeper since.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stainrod;n2530363]He needs to #### off to a new club

Who would take him is the main problem there. No one wants a keeper who keeps making schoolboy errors. He's going nowhere.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dono77;n2530403]
                    Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    He needs to #### off to a new club

Who would take him is the main problem there. No one wants a keeper who keeps making schoolboy errors. He's going nowhere.
                    Maybe a league 2 team may take him

Comment

Originally posted by Hoops1975 View Post
                      Joe has never been right since he got that kick in the head at Villa never been the same keeper since.
                      I know he has been $hite in 2019 and conceded at least 2 per game most of the apprarances this year (many of them by his ow n errors) but didn't know he took a kick to the head against Villa. I guess that would explain a lot.

Comment

If that kick in the head is indeed the mental block, that makes an even stronger case for the sports psychologist. Years ago, when a tremendously talented American baseball player was hit in the head by a fastball, then flinched every time a ball was thrown at him, he went to a psychologist who worked him through the mental block. He ended his career as an All Star. A lesson here for the club?

Comment

Working...
                        X