Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Has to Be Said...

No more hiding from these truths.

(1) The season of promise is over -- the talent on our current squad is mediocre overall, and we are at best a mid-table team that will avoid relegation but leave fans with little to cheer week after week
    (2) This team has been coached to believe in a slow-paced, boring, "clinical" style of play despite having game-changing speedsters (BOS, Eze, Chair) on offense -- is MW SO stubborn that he refuses to acknowledge this, understand this, or use this?
    (3) This play-it-from-the-back routine is crap -- especially when the pace of this "training ground exercise" is excruciatingly slow -- beyond draining clock going nowhere, what does this get us -- again this falls squarely on the shoulders of MW
    (4) Lumley has to go -- he just doesn't have it -- and given Kelly is little better, we need to recruit a veteran goalie either in January or over the summer.
    (5) What's happened to Manning the past six weeks? I'd bench him now, bring in Wallace, and see if we can get him back on track
    (6) Let's look ahead -- beyond getting a vet goalie, and fleeter-of-foot CBs, we need a center half who can control the midfield -- Amos, Ball, Scowen, et alia can't fill this role.

Finally, will MW finally get square with the fans -- this "all for one, one for all" re one of England's shoddiest defenses doesn't cut it anymore. We suck on defense. Say it. Own up to it. Then commit publicly to doing something about it.

Centre half that can control the game? You mean a centre midfielder?

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      No more hiding from these truths.

(1) The season of promise is over -- the talent on our current squad is mediocre overall, and we are at best a mid-table team that will avoid relegation but leave fans with little to cheer week after week
      (2) This team has been coached to believe in a slow-paced, boring, "clinical" style of play despite having game-changing speedsters (BOS, Eze, Chair) on offense -- is MW SO stubborn that he refuses to acknowledge this, understand this, or use this?
      (3) This play-it-from-the-back routine is crap -- especially when the pace of this "training ground exercise" is excruciatingly slow -- beyond draining clock going nowhere, what does this get us -- again this falls squarely on the shoulders of MW
      (4) Lumley has to go -- he just doesn't have it -- and given Kelly is little better, we need to recruit a veteran goalie either in January or over the summer.
      (5) What's happened to Manning the past six weeks? I'd bench him now, bring in Wallace, and see if we can get him back on track
      (6) Let's look ahead -- beyond getting a vet goalie, and fleeter-of-foot CBs, we need a center half who can control the midfield -- Amos, Ball, Scowen, et alia can't fill this role.

Finally, will MW finally get square with the fans -- this "all for one, one for all" re one of England's shoddiest defenses doesn't cut it anymore. We suck on defense. Say it. Own up to it. Then commit publicly to doing something about it.
      (1) fair play... the squad is still weak, but does anyone seriously claim that, say, bos is a downgrade on pav?
      (2) we‘re not really that slow... at our best, we seem quicker than i can remember the last 5 seasons‘ squades being.
      (3) yes
      (4) lumley a work in progress made a number 1. which veteran are you thinking of - green cesar?
      (5) manning needs a break... form has gone to poo.
      (6) none of them play centre half, do they?

we‘redoing better than i expected at the beginning of the season, it’s not much, but it is better than nothing.

Comment

I predicted an 18th position finish ,even when we were 3rd I still stick with an 18th position finish, I most certainly would very happily take it now,I'm sure most would .
        I cant see us being relegated ,we arent quite that bad but Lumley has made one blunder too many and MUST be dropped.
        if MW plays him again,he could pay the price by losing his job .

Comment

Working...
        X