Holloway in talks with Grimsby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloway in talks with Grimsby

Ollie in talks to take over at Grimsby according to reports.

He stated before his ambition was to reach 1,000 games as a manager. If he gets this hopefully he can reach that.

I'm sure old Pinkie and a few others are wondering why he would choose Grimsby over say Barcelona but I'm sure he has his reasons.

If nothing else his style of hat is popular up there.

Good luck to Ollie served the club well as player and manager ,why any of our fans would ridicule him is lost on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      Good luck to Ollie served the club well as player and manager ,why any of our fans would ridicule him is lost on me.

Comment

Well said, got some fans that are really short of a load
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Erm I think we need to get in quick before he joins them,.......... that's how desperate I think the situation is becoming
          Warburton won't keep this team, ( I use the term loosely) in this division, he ain't got the drive and desire
          QPR mean nothing to him

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Erm I think we need to get in quick before he joins them,.......... that's how desperate I think the situation is becoming
            Warburton won't keep this team, ( I use the term loosely) in this division, he ain't got the drive and desire
            QPR mean nothing to him
            But we cant keep letting managers like Ollie deal with poor situations and when their good work starts to pay off bin them for another manager to have a shot at glory. Ollie had a pretty sh1tty hand to play when with us and I'm convinced he'd be doing better with this crop. Hughil and Wells are better than Washy and Smith.

Comment

Well it ain't lost on me.

The blokes a prize bell end, admittedly with a bit of passion but nothing else.

At least he'll have found his level at Grimsby.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

But we cant keep letting managers like Ollie deal with poor situations and when their good work starts to pay off bin them for another manager to have a shot at glory. Ollie had a pretty sh1tty hand to play when with us and I'm convinced he'd be doing better with this crop. Hughil and Wells are better than Washy and Smith.
                Agree sheep, when he was "let go" I'm sure results had picked up.
                I wouldn't come back here if I was him

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Well said, got some fans that are really short of a load
                  Haha
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

His good work? . Oh my, thank you for the jokes so soon after Christmas. Just like ollie who spent more time trying to be a stand up comedian than actually trying to be a
                    manager. He was shockingly bad for us in his second stint. I rather McLaren or Hasslebank before that clown manages again. I feel sorry for Grimsby, they be going down soon

Comment

Ollie's landed it ( fishing term there for the un-initiated)
                      Good luck to the fella

Comment

Bought shares in the club and the family are moving up there. Good for him and Grimsby.

Comment

Ollie's cod army !!

Comment

Good for him. Very few managers maintain long careers at the top level. They usually have their day or days in the sun and then either move into other roles or become pundits.

Was wrong appointment second time around for us. What happened at Millwall, along with other things, should have rung enough warning bells to steer well clear but he gave it 100%, just didn't work out.

Going in at League 2 but buying shares in club probably right thing for him. Gives him a chance to get his teeth into something properly as opposed to being bombed into a short term League 1 role for example.

Comment

Agreed and best wishes to him up there.

He is quite frankly best of working at League 1 & 2 level.

Comment

Working...
                              X