January Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Transfer Window

I was thinking if we were doing alright and still up there within reach, would the club then change their plans and bring in the required players for the push?

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    I was thinking if we were doing alright and still up there within reach, would the club then change their plans and bring in the required players for the push?
    I'm not sure we should / need much right now.

Warnock made 2/3 signings...

Hulse - Awful and cost a lot.
    Smith - Great, scored vital goals.
    Shittu - Free, Meh. Legend

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

I'm not sure we should / need much right now.

Warnock made 2/3 signings...

Hulse - Awful and cost a lot.
      Smith - Great, scored vital goals.
      Shittu - Free, Meh. Legend
      And Routledge
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

And Miller who scored that goal versus Leicester. Mixed bag. Who knows perhaps it did help.

Comment

I'm not saying we should go out and spend money on loads of players. If we could improve one or two of our players and they know it could mean a chance of going up, would they go for it?

None of us knows this, I want to know what you all think?

Let's just say the club was in a position where we could finish in the top two, do you think the board would go for it?

I'm happy to finish anywhere in the top half, it's just a question on what we fans think?

Comment

I would say no at the moment.
            Like what was mentioned on another thread, if by chance we did go up, we keep the status quo, give the Prem a go, if we bounce back down, we use the money to invest in our youth policy and the following seasons, use parachute payments to improve on quality.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Oh you guys on here crack me up, deliberately leaving off the name of the best NW signing........Pasqual Chimbonda!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                I'm not saying we should go out and spend money on loads of players. If we could improve one or two of our players and they know it could mean a chance of going up, would they go for it?

None of us knows this, I want to know what you all think?

Let's just say the club was in a position where we could finish in the top two, do you think the board would go for it?

I'm happy to finish anywhere in the top half, it's just a question on what we fans think?
                Once bitten twice shy?

We are still constrained by FFP. If we did make a splash in the transfer window, the wages etc would count beyond the current season and be a drag on our ability to meet the EFL constraints. So would they gamble on promotion again?

Of course the alternative could be loans, low cost additions, or more sales of players.

Just MHO.

Comment

I think a centre back and forward might be needed by January. Maybe a loan and a scouting find costing under a mill will be the way they go

Comment

Do we need to spend out for a CB or forward. We have cover in every single position. If we are up there or whereabouts why do we need someone to rock the boat.Save the money for next season.

Comment

If it's not broke,don't fix it! If we suddenly have a bit of an injury crisis then wheel and deal,but other than that leave it be.
                      I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Can we please leave this conversation till December

Comment

Injuries aside I wouldn't spend in January. If we were in a good position to challenge, and could pick up decent cover at CB, CM and CF without spending crazy then I would look at that.

No more crazy Overspending please.

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
                            Can we please leave this conversation till December
                            Why? You gonna ask Father Christmas for a Striker.

Comment

I agree with everything above and love the way fans now see things too. There's a feel-good factor and I hope this lasts.

Comment

Working...
                              X