Seen it many times...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen it many times...

Players leave QPR and occasionally go onto to do really well, most recently Furlong to WBA.

Reality is this...

- One player doesn't make a team.
    - Team ethic and morale is huge
    - a SQUAD of players who complement each other will be more of a decider, especially in the back four.

Furlong is slotting into a well created team at WBA, therefore is able to start showing his true skills and qualities.

It's like the Manager, long way to go but Warbs might be the right guy in doing literally creating a whole new squad. Dom Ball was rated POOR before he joined, but he's slotted in very very well.

Football is a funny game, we made good money on Furs and Freeman by all accounts and it's helped balance the books again. Good business.

Agree. We don’t miss any of the players who are no longer here. Running through them the stand outs would be freeman, Furlong, Luongo & Pav.

Our current system doesn’t allow for Freeman or Pav and even if we went back to wingers i prefer chair and bos. Luongo to me was over rated and I prefer amos, Cameron and ball. Furlong is probably the one who would arguably get in our current side and formation but is he better than TK or Rangel?

We needed the cash and we’ve done good business. Manning for me is doing a great job replacing Bidwell plus we have Wallace to see there yet. Lynch & Cousins releases were no brainers!

Even if we finish 12-16th we’ve improved on last season whilst massively improving our financial position and style of football.

Comment

I'm almost certain that Furlong will get exposed by us defensively on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Maybe, but he's not a bad player. Maybe he'll have a blinder?

Comment

There will be 3 ex Rangers playing against us on Saturday but MW team will know Furlongs weaknesses. Also Austin now has the pace of Matt Smith. Phillips will be the danger man.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            There will be 3 ex Rangers playing against us on Saturday but MW team will know Furlongs weaknesses. Also Austin now has the pace of Matt Smith. Phillips will be the danger man.
            One of them is bound to score against QPR, but hopefully it wont be enough to stop WBA losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              I really hope so but without any bad feelings, I wish our ex players good luck but not against us

Comment

One thing is nearly certain. Both teams will score!

Comment

Charlie will go off crocked if he starts. Philips is a cowardly bottler who is scared of hard tackles and Darnell has no football brain. None of them concern me. In fact WBA don't concern me.... They will struggle to live with us and they will be cacking their shorts all week thinking about us.

Comment

Not so sure any of them are rubbish, and i hope they don't comeback to ruin my weekend.
                    I would just like us to stay on this little run and not get beat.
                    We do owe them one after last season, and to redress those two defeats would be good

Comment

When Furlong realises he’s a really good centre half and fights for, rather than avoiding that position, he’ll be a better looking/really decent player. Every time he played there last year we were far more solid. He has a leap on him and is quick

Comment

Originally posted by Golborne View Post
                        When Furlong realises he’s a really good centre half and fights for, rather than avoiding that position, he’ll be a better looking/really decent player. Every time he played there last year we were far more solid. He has a leap on him and is quick
                        Better looking ?

Comment

Working...
                        X