Mark Warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Warburton

Is fast catching up Sir Neil Warnock in my affections as a QPR gaffer.
    (I have had half a bottle of red wiv me tea )
    It's early days and the top six must not be expected from Mark.
    But the fella has transformed this club.

I've a huge amount of respect for him since his time at Brentford. The respect level has gone through the roof given what he's done for our great club.

Not only is he a great manager but he doesn't talk shite like many do. He talks superbly and always seems to say the right things at the right time, so not surprised he's getting the squad in sync so well.

When you then factor in the total rebuild he's done, making a significant net profit in the window and significantly reducing the ongoing wage bill in the process,. He's gving our young stars their chance to shine and progress. He's got our budget squad expressing themselves with a Barcelona playing style.... The fact no matter who we play he has a desire to go out and win be it home or way...... Etc etc etc..... What more can you say about what he's achieved, other than its nothing short of incredible.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
      I've a huge amount of respect for him since his time at Brentford. The respect level has gone through the roof given what he's done for our great club.

Not only is he a great manager but he doesn't talk shite like many do. He talks superbly and always seems to say the right things at the right time, so not surprised he's getting the squad in sync so well.

When you then factor in the total rebuild he's done, making a significant net profit in the window and significantly reducing the ongoing wage bill in the process,. He's gving our young stars their chance to shine and progress. He's got our budget squad expressing themselves with a Barcelona playing style.... The fact no matter who we play he has a desire to go out and win be it home or way...... Etc etc etc..... What more can you say about what he's achieved, other than its nothing short of incredible.

​​​

Comment

​​​
        Spot on... Every word.....
        Only he doesn't have an Adel Taarabt

Comment

Yes he does he has Eze....

Comment

A proper manager. Says all the right things, doesn't sugar coat stuff and made some splendid signings.

Comment

Time to get behind him and his Team, together we stand!

Comment

Steady chaps. I don't disagree but I refer you to this thread from last season...

Plenty of time for it all to go pear-shaped.
                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

If I bed a Stunner, the pleasure would be diminished if I spent the whole time waiting for the Husband to turn up.
                  You gotta sometimes just live a little lol

Comment

Wears shorts like Neil did/does too..... Much prefer the PE teacher look to the suited and booted CEO look for a manager. His coaching from the technical area looked sound too - not too emotional or demonstrative and not just stood there sphynx-like. He just exudes a calm authority and an impression he has a grand plan in his head that the players seem to get and buy-in to. If we could get a single player to step up to be the defacto leader of men on the pitch, ie a Clint Hill or Shaun Derry, this team could go far. Currently I'm not getting a sense of anyone taking that mantle on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      Yes he does he has Eze....
                      early days but not even remotely in the same league.

And for the record I was not a Taarabt fan.

Comment

​​​
                        Can't really argue with that and I would also add that he has changed his preferred playing style to accommodate the players i.e. Wells plays best as part of a two so he has switched to a 3-5-2 system, which also suits Barbet & Leistner.
                        He has done this rather than just shoe horn players into the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                          Steady chaps. I don't disagree but I refer you to this thread from last season...

Plenty of time for it all to go pear-shaped.
                          Yeah fair point

Comment

The Bread man is delivering

Comment

Got to say I am a massive fan of Warbs. Proper manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X