Bless Les?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bless Les?

A lot of us, including this writer, have been frustrated with the Club's mediocrity for the past five+ campaigns, and have blamed in part our Director of Football. After all, he's the one who is supposed to command decisions re managers and players. And yes, it may just be that Les was carrying out other's wishes more than his own in the past. Yet, if Les is the architect of what we are now seeing, hats off to him. The new manager looks solid and built for long-term success. The style of play he's beginning to inculcate here is faster and more challenging than any we've seen for a while. And the players brought into the fold this summer seem to promise a real go this season, capped by the signings of Hugill, Amos and Kane.

Think all we are missing now is another CB (especially if BFG moves on), a back-up veteran striker, and a play-making offensive midfielder (though I really like Chair and some of the other returnees here). We might be able to pull this off before the August deadline; if not, make these priorities in the summer window.

I believe we are going to give Stoke a real game Saturday, and that our confidence in Warbs, Les and the players will grow.

Les OUT
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
      Les OUT
      Prat

Comment

Good post, totally agree. This transfer window has really surprised me surpassing my expectations. Well done Les

Comment

The "thank you Les" kiss of death thread ?,remember there was one started just before last season and one before.
          Last edited by Rebel R's; 29-07-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

nearly a new team,going to take time to gel if they can that is. be happy if we end up 15th
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

id say all the players that have come in over the past couple of weeks are down to warburton, …..he's got a style of play he wants, and that has shown in our play, especially against Watford.
              all those players fit the bill, down to warbs not les.

Comment

This is all a bit premature don't you think?

I'm pretty positive about things myself but let's not get carried away - we haven't even kicked a ball in anger yet and you can bet your boots that people will be calling for MW's head after a string of bad results. As Rebel has hinted at above.

As far as Les goes, this just shows that he is doing what he's always done - put plans into practice. They may not work out but that's not necessarily his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                  This is all a bit premature don't you think?

I'm pretty positive about things myself but let's not get carried away - we haven't even kicked a ball in anger yet and you can bet your boots that people will be calling for MW's head after a string of bad results. As Rebel has hinted at above.

As far as Les goes, this just shows that he is doing what he's always done - put plans into practice. They may not work out but that's not necessarily his fault.
                  I would agree with you,and as history has proved over the past few seasons ,things dont always go honky dory ,especially at QPR unfortunately .
                  Les has done his fair share of hiring and firing in the past few years and has got alot wrong,let's be honest about that. I think hiring Warburton was the right move and now we have seen lots of new bodies come in and lots leave. The season hasn't even started yet,I'm reasonably confident we will do ok,and finish hopefully well above the bottom 3.i always dread these kind of "kiss of death" threads,I just think it's way to early to be building a plaque for Les just yet.
                  I'm on the fence when it comes to him,I loved him as a player and have met him several times,he is a gentleman and I sincerely hope things go to plan this season,but certainly wouldn't bet my house on it. Sorry but I think it's too early for a "bless Les" thread as I'd think it is too early for a "bless Mark" thread,not before even a ball has been kicked.
                  No offence to starter of this thread meant

Comment

I have no idea how this season will turn out but Im pleased that we are finally getting transfer fees for our players and replacing them with , free transfers , loans and lower wages.For the club to survive and move forward this is how we should be operating.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

I would agree with you,and as history has proved over the past few seasons ,things dont always go honky dory ,especially at QPR unfortunately .
                      Les has done his fair share of hiring and firing in the past few years and has got alot wrong,let's be honest about that. I think hiring Warburton was the right move and now we have seen lots of new bodies come in and lots leave. The season hasn't even started yet,I'm reasonably confident we will do ok,and finish hopefully well above the bottom 3.i always dread these kind of "kiss of death" threads,I just think it's way to early to be building a plaque for Les just yet.
                      I'm on the fence when it comes to him,I loved him as a player and have met him several times,he is a gentleman and I sincerely hope things go to plan this season,but certainly wouldn't bet my house on it. Sorry but I think it's too early for a "bless Les" thread as I'd think it is too early for a "bless Mark" thread,not before even a ball has been kicked.
                      No offence to starter of this thread meant
                      I agree. Let's wait and see how the season pans out before we start thanking them.

There have been plenty of players moving in and out of the club. In fact a whole new starting 11 can be selected i.e. Kelly, Kane, Wallace, Masterson, Barbet, Smith, Ball, Amos, Pugh, Mlaka Hugill. However, they will need time to gel and the timing of the latest signings mean that some have not even taken part in a pre season friendly for the club and we don't know how they will fit in.

Warburton has got his work cut out to get them fit and ready to fit into his style of play. The last time QPR signed so many players was during Mark Hughes' pre-season spendathon, but the difference here is MW has not used a scattergun approach, but as from the possible line-up above has selected players that can form a team.

Comment

Working...
                      X