Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watford match Thread

Warburton's words ahead of Watford clash

RANGERS boss Mark Warburton has penned the following for his first programme notes as QPR manager – with Watford our final opponents of pre-season in W12 tomorrow (Saturday)...

GOOD afternoon to you! It is of course a privilege to be writing these programme notes as first-team manager of Queens Park Rangers.

This is the first opportunity for me to pen my thoughts as we approach the new season, however the immediate task must be to highlight the pride I feel in being appointed to this position.

As I have mentioned in the media previously, I was fortunate enough to travel with Frank McLintock and to watch the great QPR team of the late seventies under the guidance of Dave Sexton – truly a fantastic experience and so memorable to watch the team run Liverpool so close for the title.

Read More

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...watford-clash/

God u go so early,bet u sorted your funeral already
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
      God u go so early,bet u sorted your funeral already
      Its tomorrow not next week !!

Comment

Tom Cleverley is looking forward to going back to the scene of one of the Hornets’ toughest assignments last season when the team play Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road on Saturday.

The team were given a real going over in the fifth-round of the FA Cup in February and were just relieved to get out of west London with a scrappy 1-0 win so they could continue their cup adventure.

Cleverley played 84 minutes of the tie and remembers just how under the cosh the team were that night.

“The cup game there last season was a very difficult game and it will be a good run out for us,” he said. “I always enjoy playing there, the fans are close, it’s a good atmosphere and even though it’s a friendly, I’m sure it will be good turnout. I’m looking forward to it.”

The game will be the team’s third this summer, following on from those against Ajax and Bayer Leverkusen last week, and should help ensure they are in tip-top shape and ready for anything the opening game of the season has to throw at them.

“The two teams we’ve played were very possession-based,” said Cleverley. “It will be something closer to the Brighton game, so it’s good to get a mixture of styles as that’s what happens throughout the season. We are now back on English soil, at a proper English stadium and it will be a good test. It will offer something different to the games we have already played.”

Comment

Why don't we get tasty friendlies anymore,bring back celtic,and we can all mix peacefully

Comment

Watford is a good test for us,one week before season starts and I'm sure everyone will be keen to impress

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              Why don't we get tasty friendlies anymore,bring back celtic,and we can all mix peacefully
              Use to get good friendlies with Chelsea and spurs but they are busy flying around the world now for big money .

Comment

Glasgow Rangers were good affairs many moons ago. I remember one with G Rangers where they had about 5000 supporters packed in LR. I was working at a hotdog bar in the SA stand think it was a draw 3-3.
                Last edited by LoftusRoadLad; 26-07-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Really hope I see numerous reports of a beautiful pass & move game on the sites tomorrow evening.
                  Not fussed about result

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Really hope I see numerous reports of a beautiful pass & move game on the sites tomorrow evening.
                    Not fussed about result
                    Gonna be a wet wet afternoon lets hope no one does mad sliding tackles !!

Comment

Interesting line up. Jan and Matt starts

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Gonna be a wet wet afternoon lets hope no one does mad sliding tackles !!
                        Some of the best afternoon's I've ever had,have ended up very wet with plenty of sliding,and tackle involved

Comment

Any streams about? I don't even know which sites to use anymore, most are crap

Comment

Game is finally up on QPR Plus although it’s now frozen!

All good for now!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Manning gets turned way too easy and it leads to a good chance for the Hornets!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X