Where we good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where we good enough?

Like most R's fans, I am disappointed seeing our players being sold so cheaply. We nearly dismantled all the squad of last season and what did we get for them? 7 million the most. It is rather strange that while so many other teams demand in excess of 8 million at least for their players, we sell ours on the cheap. However, the question is that these players are joining better teams than we actually are. Freeman to the Premier; Furlong to WBA; Cousins to Stoke; Smith to Millwall and still in the Championship....etc. However, I still have my doubts. Freeman apart, quality is lacking and it showed considering our last two campaigns, if not three. We struggled and struggled, which brings me to my conclusion...we were never good enough playing with these players that left us. The future seems like a mystery. We do need strikers, that is a must. But when comparing our current players to those that left, well, could be that we are more equipped...apart from the void left by Freeman. Sterling and Rangel for Furlong; Wallace, Manning and Niko for Bidwell; Barbet/Ball for Lynch; Amos for Luongo; Eze for Freeman; Smith for Cousins; Maybe it is not all doom. It may take time for all these new signings to gel, however, in Warburton we do have a good Manager...and we must trust him.

This summer has been promising so far. We are only lacking strikers and club know that and are working on it.

Our defence was poor last season and has been largely replaced including some younger players who may or may not prove decent and worth a punt. Two midfield loan players look like they could be good.

Can see why Warbs wants Judge to add some experience to the raw talent we have but some good looking wide options.

I'm not expecting us to be up there challenging but if we can get lower mid table with the promise of more would be an improvement.

Comment

So Niko who is 22 and has played a couple of league games is better than experienced Bidwell. Agree, all our youth players are superior and ready to win us many many trophies.

Comment

We've been poor for a long time and can do with shaking it up.

Can honestly say that bar Freeman, I have not been bothered one bit by losing the players we've sent out the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          We've been poor for a long time and can do with shaking it up.

Can honestly say that bar Freeman, I have not been bothered one bit by losing the players we've sent out the doors.
          Exactly the same can be said about the incoming players.

Comment

This is a total reset of the Club, and clearly it will go one of two ways. The hard part here is we seem to be shedding nearly everyone...yet perhaps that was also the necessary part if we hoped to break from years of mediocrity. What fans most want to see is the Club finally getting its act together, making better decisions, and instilling a style of play that can start wining games again. By the end of the transfer window, I’m confident we will add another striker or two + an experienced midfielder to help balance out the “experiment” now in play. After all the suffering we, the fans, have had to endure for far too many years, what do we have to lose. Relegation? Don’t want it, but maybe that’s what it will take to complete the full turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              This is a total reset of the Club, and clearly it will go one of two ways. The hard part here is we seem to be shedding nearly everyone...yet perhaps that was also the necessary part if we hoped to break from years of mediocrity. What fans most want to see is the Club finally getting its act together, making better decisions, and instilling a style of play that can start wining games again. By the end of the transfer window, I’m confident we will add another striker or two + an experienced midfielder to help balance out the “experiment” now in play. After all the suffering we, the fans, have had to endure for far too many years, what do we have to lose. Relegation? Don’t want it, but maybe that’s what it will take to complete the full turnaround.
              Relegation? Don’t want it, but maybe that’s what it will take to complete the full turnaround.

Isn't that what some on here said about relegation from the Premier League? And probably what some Coventry fans said about their relegation from this division all those years ago.

Relegation to League 1 s more likely to be a disaster for this club.

Comment

Thing is, these players have achieved naff all haven't they? Last season was ropey as was the one before that and one before that...... Being a QPR player is hardly a ringing endorsement and their transfer values are a fair reflection of their contribution and the time remaining on their contracts.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, I am confident that Oteh AND Walker will score more goals each this season than £3m Conor Washington ever did.

Comment

Working...
                  X