Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers

After a frenzy of ongoing and incoming of players during the first phase of the transfer window, we suddenly came to a halt. Pity we sold Matt Smith when we are so short of strikers. And cannot even understand loaning out Paul Smyth in our present situation. I am sure that whoever is responsible for the dealings, have something in his sleeves as the season is a few days away and we're still without a recognised striker. Some will come up with the 'no panic' phrase. However, players need time to gel and if we are going to bring in two or three more players a week away from the start of the season, I see trouble ahead. As for Smith, I predict that he will score more than fifteen goals for Millwall. They play the game that suits him well and we all know that Matt will give his all. As for our style of play...you need quality players to play like Man City or Liverpool. We lack that quality, so I assume that this will be a very long season!

It's going to be a long hard season either way even when we sign last minute strikers ,which at this time it practically is,avoiding relegation is Warburtons challenge, I have think he is up to it,but will be difficult

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      It's going to be a long hard season either way even when we sign last minute strikers ,which at this time it practically is,avoiding relegation is Warburtons challenge, I have think he is up to it,but will be difficult
      I thought we'd get some strikers in quickly, but it seems we'll end up players that nobody else wants. Surely there are strikers in the Eastern European leagues that we could get onboard?

Personally I think Oteh is only still with us because there isn't a team in L1 or L2 who will take in on loan.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I thought we'd get some strikers in quickly, but it seems we'll end up players that nobody else wants. Surely there are strikers in the Eastern European leagues that we could get onboard?

Personally I think Oteh is only still with us because there isn't a team in L1 or L2 who will take in on loan.
          Yeah let’s just sign a couple of Eastern European strikers to save you panicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Yeah let’s just sign a couple of Eastern European strikers to save you panicking.
            Panicking, not me Sir.
            What little money we have and with the Board objective to buy cheap and sell, I thought we might be better buying players from other leagues rather than forking out money on loan fees. We are clearly waiting for the Premiership teams to do their business and then we'll loan their unwanted players. Celtic have just signing a player from the Israeli league, surely there are the talented strikers still playing in their domestic league, same goes for Hungry, Bulgaria, Latvia etc...?

It would be good to have one striker we own????

Comment

Someone like Darko Lemajic ?

Comment

Who is Darko Lemajic?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Someone like Darko Lemajic ?
                  Excellent research and has has a decent scoring record. Someone like this bloke must be worth a look?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darko_Lemajić

Comment

Excellent research and has has a decent scoring record. Someone like this bloke must be worth a look?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darko_Lemajić
                    would cost next to zilch

Comment

Panicking, not me Sir.
                      What little money we have and with the Board objective to buy cheap and sell, I thought we might be better buying players from other leagues rather than forking out money on loan fees. We are clearly waiting for the Premiership teams to do their business and then we'll loan their unwanted players. Celtic have just signing a player from the Israeli league, surely there are the talented strikers still playing in their domestic league, same goes for Hungry, Bulgaria, Latvia etc...?t

It would be good to have one striker we own????
                      It would be a good idea to search these leagues, but Les & co clearly don't think it is and as MM has stated, selling Smith without a replacement makes little sense.

Yes, Lemajic is one striker that could do a job here similar to the one the little known Pukki did for Norwich last season.

I also agree that Oteh is probably still at QPR because no L1 or 2 club will want him after his loan spell at Walsall last season. QPR could perhaps try to pay him off and let him find a club elsewhere. Maybe QPR could give that Boreham Wood striker a trial match.

Personally, although I shouldn't, find it hard to believe that QPR have once again left it so late to sign some strikers.

They did this in the Premier League, and over the last few seasons in the Championship. Look how late it was last season to bring in Wells & Hemed (after the 1st 4 games had been played).

Now less than 2 weeks before the window closes and here we are again with no strikers who can score goals in the squad. 3 friendlies played and only 1 goal from a forward, an Eze penalty.

Comment

Have a good day tomorrow. JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                          Have a good day tomorrow. JN
                          Wheres Marc Pugh mate? Saturday has passed

Comment

What about the young Arsenal striker which was a nailed on done deal loan ,reiterated 3 times by JN but Manager saying publically he will be staying at Arsenal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post

Wheres Marc Pugh mate? Saturday has passed
                              HE SAID HAVE A GOOD DAY TOMORROW....HINT HINT.... Jesus!
                              Under Les Ferdinand:
                              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                              X