X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgy Dealings

Wednesday getting around FFP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48964055

So that’s Weds, Derby and AV who have used this patently obvious ruse to cheat the rules. Why are owners the only mugs who offered up their backsides to get well and truly shafted by the EFL? How on earth can this be in any way fair? More to the point what are our owners doing about it? They can’t just sit on their hands, accept us getting massacred by FFP and do nothing about it. Surely?

Comment

I am not sure it is a ruse but I can't help feeling this is going to end in tears.
      By selling the stadium for more than book value, it is a genuine profit but I think these clubs are just kicking a problem down the road a bit. They will have to now presumably pay a rent for the use of the stadium which will be more than any depreciation charge would have been. Short term fix really which I hope backfires.

Comment

How can clubs selling their grounds be a good thing? If the owner decides he's had enough he can just sell it on to someone else and foxtrot oscar, leaving the club in a far worse state than they were in before. That's totally opposite to what FFP is supposed to achieve.

It's time the whole thing was reviewed again or dropped altogether.

Comment

FFP is an absolute sham and is clearly not fit for purpose. I actually thought when we got fined that others would be following but no it seems they have found another loop hole to it and what is happening is quite frankly a disgrace and is flouncing exactly what FFP was suppose to protect. I am surprised TF hasn’t complained at the highest level about how we got fined 40 million pounds for basically writing off a debt not flogging the stadium !!

Comment

we should of sold freeman to ourselves for 40 million
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              I am not sure it is a ruse but I can't help feeling this is going to end in tears.
              I agree. What we're doing is the right thing for the long term future of the club, might not see the benefits in our lifetime, but the good times will come!

As for selling ourselves Freeman for 40 million, we would have somehow been swindled by his agent, so I'm glad we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                we should of sold freeman to ourselves for 40 million
                This is hilarious. Well said.

Comment

Working...
                X