No announcement yet.

Var

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footballers are gonna have to learn to accept VAR like they do in rugby and stop throwing toys outta their prams.

Comment

When they make the tv sign all the crowd should shout its a film,like the old tv program
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Over 90% of correct decisions.
        Needs to be quicker and Refs need to remain firm & vigilant, not pander to being surrounded. But on the whole.....

I love Var, especially when Scotland are playing.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Come on Dave she was offside! Also I would’ve sent off at least 3 Cameroon women, out of order after those decisions went against them & the foul at the end oh & in 2nd minute when one of them elbowed our girl in the face
          VAR was spot on .The England goal was rightly awarded and the Cameroon one disallowed.
          The ref was weak and should have booked one of the protesting Cameroon players and told them she would book everyone of those who continued to protest.

The ref also bottled awarding a penalty to England in order to not have to deal with another round of abusive behavour from them/ And as for the last foul it was worthy of a red and the Cameroon player who abused Houghton and went around waving her arms and shouting should also have been sent off for her vehement descent.

I have never ever seen such discgraceful behaviour towards a referee on a pitch before.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

VAR was spot on .The England goal was rightly awarded and the Cameroon one disallowed.
            The ref was weak and should have booked one of the protesting Cameroon players and told them she would book everyone of those who continued to protest.

The ref also bottled awarding a penalty to England in order to not have to deal with another round of abusive behavour from them/ And as for the last foul it was worthy of a red and the Cameroon player who abused Houghton and went around waving her arms and shouting should also have been sent off for her vehement descent.

I have never ever seen such discgraceful behaviour towards a referee on a pitch before.
            VAR is promoting this behaviour. Teams are now seeing it as a get out of jail card.
            Imo 3 appeals per game each because var will encourage these protests.
            Prem lge will be farcical next season, unless something is introduced to make it more workable.
            Var deals in facts you are right, but if a ball hits a hand, it's not necessarily hand ball is it.
            So do we change all the rules to facts? Do we need match officials ?
            Offside btw is being given simply because someone has bigger feet than someone else, literally
            As i said nothing annoys me more than QPR being robbed, but this needs looking at more

Comment

Glad its not in the Championship I wouldn't get back to the pub by 5.30. There wont be no results round up at 5 anymore some of the Prem games wont be finished before 5.15

Comment

with all this added extra-time, mid-week games you'll be lucky to get out before midnight
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

If VAR is going to be ubiquitous in the game, the players are going to accept that the referee isn't the one making the big call and just get on with the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No need for that , we all understand the rules , it’s unfair to disallow a 30 yard screamer if a team mate is stood out by the corner flag not interfering with play .
                    yeah , a bit like Micklewhite's FA Cup Final 'equaliser' because Fenwick was running back away from the goal from an offside position.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

VAR is promoting this behaviour. Teams are now seeing it as a get out of jail card.
                      Imo 3 appeals per game each because var will encourage these protests.
                      Prem lge will be farcical next season, unless something is introduced to make it more workable.
                      Var deals in facts you are right, but if a ball hits a hand, it's not necessarily hand ball is it.
                      So do we change all the rules to facts? Do we need match officials ?
                      Offside btw is being given simply because someone has bigger feet than someone else, literally
                      As i said nothing annoys me more than QPR being robbed, but this needs looking at more
                      I agree with you about the offside rule, I preferrd the clear daylight rule where the whole of the player had to be ahead of the defender.

I disagree that VAR is the cause of this. It is a lack of discipline. Players should accept an offside decision that has been made using VAR as it is based on fact not opinions.

Comment

Working...
                      X