Is Joe Lumley good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Joe Lumley good enough?

Can't argue he's had some very good games but also some shockers. People say he's only young but he's 24. Nice guy apparently but I think we can improve on him. And if next season is going to be as big a struggle as seems likely then we need to. I'm sure many will disagree.

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    Can't argue he's had some very good games but also some shockers. People say he's only young but he's 24. Nice guy apparently but I think we can improve on him. And if next season is going to be as big a struggle as seems likely then we need to. I'm sure many will disagree.
    You mean a free transfer signing who'd take £5-8k a week. Might be a hard search...perhaps?

Comment

He’s rubbish . Poppadom hands . JN

Comment

we have to give people time, we have youngsters come through but because they're not messi people end up putting them down for having bad games and making mistakes. the championship is a much tougher league than league 1 or 2 and its very competetive. norwich have been giving their players time over the past few seasons and its worked well for them

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

You mean a free transfer signing who'd take £5-8k a week. Might be a hard search...perhaps?
          Plenty of players will be without clubs at end of season due to ffp and they will have to lower their demands if they want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
            He’s rubbish . Poppadom hands . JN
            that’s my new name for him now & he’s not good enough
            Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Has struggled second half of season. Really needed an old mid thirties Championship keeper for him to challenge and to have a safe pair of hands. Maybe should have given Ingram a second chance.

Comment

He's average,prone to making silly errors. He should have saved both goals yesterday

Comment

I like his spirit, but he is in real need of a top flight goalie coach who can take him to the next level. For the past few months Joe looks lost back there.

Comment

Lots think, including meself, he is good enough for us.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qp...-exit-opinion/

QPR could lose one of their key players in the summer with London Football News reporting yesterday that the club are open to offers for goalkeeper Joe Lumley.

The 24-year-old shot-stopper has made 42 appearances for the Rs in all competitions this season, keeping an impressive 16 clean sheets.

Comment

For us yes, but we do need another keeper as proper competition. Should be made a priority.

Comment

Ingram should go and bring an experienced keeper in to put pressure on lumley and help him develop .

Comment

I dont think he is good enough, but it's more about what we can afford. Would imagine he's on a low-ish wage, even if we sold him who we gonna replace him with that is on the same or lower wage, otherwise there's no point selling him

Comment

A poor goalkeeper who wouldn't be getting in the team if it wasn't for the reserve keeper (Ingram) being amateurish. I've lost count of the number of goals we've conceded as the direct result of his poor handling. His distribution is also wildly inconsistent.

Comment

He has had a bad time in 2019, but his earlier form suggests he is good enough. I do agree that Ingram needs to be replaced with a better keeper to really challenge Lumley.

Comment

Working...
                              X