Next manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next manager

This appointment is going to be so important. We are going to need a miracle worker.

todays performance is shocking but not surprising and Norwich are the best team in the league this year so we all need some perspective on today’s game.

in my opinion this is not the time to take a punt on untested managers, not a time for TF, Les and co to put Darren’s Moore or Chris Powell in the hot seat to appease the pc brigade and not a time to be employing mates.

We need some experience and pedigree and the club need to prioritise this over anything else right now.

It needs to be a Warburton, Rowet, Wagner or even Pardew type of character.

I think we are very lucky we have points in the bag and that we probably need to only muster up one more win somehow to stay up.

Clubs a mess right now and I still think the sacking of Holloway last year was disgraceful.

Big decision need to made at this club quickly.

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    This appointment is going to be so important. We are going to need a miracle worker.

todays performance is shocking but not surprising and Norwich are the best team in the league this year so we all need some perspective on today’s game.

in my opinion this is not the time to take a punt on untested managers, not a time for TF, Les and co to put Darren’s Moore or Chris Powell in the hot seat to appease the pc brigade and not a time to be employing mates.

We need some experience and pedigree and the club need to prioritise this over anything else right now.

I think we are very lucky we have points in the bag and that we probably need to only muster up one more win somehow to stay up.

Clubs a mess right now and I still think the sacking of Holloway last year was disgraceful.

IMO, it was well deserved. But I respect your opinion.

QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Teams like Leeds, Norwich, Watford, Huddersfield, Fulham to name a few have showed that it is possible to get a decent manager in that can totally transform the team from the previous season. Norwich and Leeds were #### last season. We even did it with Warnock the season we won the league. I just don't trust that this lot in charge now are capable of finding someone like that

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

IMO, it was well deserved. But I respect your opinion.
        Agreed, we were #### under Holloway as well

Comment

As fans we feel like we are screaming in a crowd and no one hears us. I would wager that almost anyone on this blog could make better team selections than SMC and Eustace. Lynch? Never again, Eze? No more this season. Bos starting? Yes, every game. Lumley? Needs time off; start Ingram, perhaps for the rest of the season. And make it clear to the fans that this sucks, that we are going to set this right, that players not giving their all will never be tolerated, etc. My prediction is we will lose at least 5 of the remaining 7 games. Hopefully that means we perhaps generate a win and tie that should be enuf to avoid the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            As fans we feel like we are screaming in a crowd and no one hears us. I would wager that almost anyone on this blog could make better team selections than SMC and Eustace. Lynch? Never again, Eze? No more this season. Bos starting? Yes, every game. Lumley? Needs time off; start Ingram, perhaps for the rest of the season. And make it clear to the fans that this sucks, that we are going to set this right, that players not giving their all will never be tolerated, etc. My prediction is we will lose at least 5 of the remaining 7 games. Hopefully that means we perhaps generate a win and tie that should be enuf to avoid the drop.
            Would agree apart from that part. Ingram is shocking, worse than Lumley

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              This is excatly how I feel also.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post

Would agree apart from that part. Ingram is shocking, worse than Lumley
                Stick Jude in nets...can’t be any worse than our 2 so called ‘first choice’ keepers!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Stick Jude in nets...can’t be any worse than our 2 so called ‘first choice’ keepers!
                  Yes he saved a penalty from me in a half time round the pole embarrassment

Comment

There is no good managers out there

We should NOT HAVE sacked McClaren
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Who in their right mind with any kind of footballing reputation (which is what we need) would be daft enough to come here?

Awful unbalanced squad, keepers not good enough for first team, a defence that is slow and leaks goals like a sieve and never any clean sheets anymore let alone doesn't chip in with a few goals from set pieces either. Mid field that is slow getting forward, lacks any real pace to him teams on the break, doesn't score enough goals to help the team out, can't keep the ball for more than 3 or 4 passes and then strikers who again, don't score enough goals, lack pace (do you see a common theme developing here?)

Add that to the fact there will be no money to invest to strengthen the squad in the new season, infact we will probably have to sell (ha ha who would buy any of them anyway?) players first to primarily survive and there won't be any of that money given for re-investment of the squad.

The new manager will have to trim the playing budget significantly, i.e. players contracts will not be re-newed for next season those at end of their contracts at end of this season. He will have to try and bring the kids through (the majority being probably not good enough or ready to step up to the Championship level just yet) and ofcourse they will all have to do this with a nosey, interfering DoF and owner who will want their own say on footballing matters, meaning there will be little or no movement for freedom of speech etc to implement his own ideas on the team.

Put all that together with confidence being at an all time low, match attendances falling, the team sliding down the table at a rate of knots and you can see the predicament we find ourselves in!

We are royally f**ked! If we manage to stay up, and I personally cannot see us gaining another single point this season meaning we will be praying that 3 other teams cannot make it past 44 points and rightly so, we will be relegated and it is both the DoF and owners fault for the horrible, embarrassing position we will find ourselves in.

Comment

You say experience and then mention Rowett...?? He's been in management 5 mins and has had worse relative failure than success. Did well at Birmingham for a spell before underachieving at Derby then jumping ship when he thought a better opportunity came up so no loyalty whatsoever. The failure at Stoke considering the squad they had is far worse than anything Holloway or McClaren did with us given the circumstances.

I'd prefer they broadened the search to Europe personally, like Huddersfield, Fulham, Southampton did etc rather than consider the same failed managers on the merrigoround in this country.

What about Fulham's previous manager?? Worked wonders in the championship and mainly failed in the Prem because the powers that be at the club bought an entire new squad effectively many that weren't his choice and expected a team to emerge from it. Ridiculous on their part. If they'd kept the core together and just added some quality they'd have had a better chance.

I wouldn't be against someone like Warburton though.

Comment

Working...
                        X