Home Truths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Truths

Joel Lynch - Not good enough for QPR and never has been. Played his best football when he had Cameron sitting in front of him, aside from that awful. Makes a mistake every game, costs us points.

Jake Bidwell - Overated. Consistently average is the best compliment i'll give him. Offers nothing but a good cross every now and then going forward, doesnt offer anything defensively. Not good enough.

Midfield - Mass, Cousins and Scowen are all decent championship midfielders individually but we massively lack an experienced head in the middle of the park. Unsuprising that our best run of form this season was when we had Cameron sitting in front of the back 4. Strong, great interceptions, experienced, can pick a pass.

Lumley and Eze - Fans expecting too much too soon. Lumley a great prospect, fantastic shot stopper but needs to work on distribution and aerial ability. Eze fantastic on the ball, has the ability to glide past players and create space but needs to work on defensive discipline - he's only 20 years old. Give these 2 a break!

Matt Smith - Undeniably great in the air and a good asset to have in the squad. For me you just cant start him, we are a much better side when we get the ball down and play football. Its a shame as he's got goals in him, it just becomes very predictable and cant be done week in week out.

Wells and Hemed - We have 2 proven championship strikers in our squad, play them both while we can! Admittedly Hemed has been injured, but was initially dropped to accomodate Eze. They've both got goals in them, why not play them together while we have can? I honestly dont know what the plan is for next season but its worrying times with Matt Smith looking like our only striker next season.

Pawel - Not a wing-back, hes a right winger. He causes every team problems running down the right flank when hes sat higher up. Got a good cross on him and the odd goal. Tracks back well and helps out his full-back but hes not a wing-back. Playing him in that role massively holds him back and you can see his frustration.

Can’t disagree with any of that.

Comment

Mention one thing injuries !! Cameron Rangel Hamed missing 15 or so games each along with ozie Joe swaning off for 7 games all in the middle of your season isn't that the most disruptive part of your season , it's a pathetic excuse to blame players that come in that are not good enough the players have been punching above their weight this season , get real you are supporting a championship club that has been POORLY RUN for four years
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 20-02-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Good OP.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post
          Joel Lynch - Not good enough for QPR and never has been. Played his best football when he had Cameron sitting in front of him, aside from that awful. Makes a mistake every game, costs us points.

Jake Bidwell - Overated. Consistently average is the best compliment i'll give him. Offers nothing but a good cross every now and then going forward, doesnt offer anything defensively. Not good enough.

Midfield - Mass, Cousins and Scowen are all decent championship midfielders individually but we massively lack an experienced head in the middle of the park. Unsuprising that our best run of form this season was when we had Cameron sitting in front of the back 4. Strong, great interceptions, experienced, can pick a pass.

Lumley and Eze - Fans expecting too much too soon. Lumley a great prospect, fantastic shot stopper but needs to work on distribution and aerial ability. Eze fantastic on the ball, has the ability to glide past players and create space but needs to work on defensive discipline - he's only 20 years old. Give these 2 a break!

Matt Smith - Undeniably great in the air and a good asset to have in the squad. For me you just cant start him, we are a much better side when we get the ball down and play football. Its a shame as he's got goals in him, it just becomes very predictable and cant be done week in week out.

Wells and Hemed - We have 2 proven championship strikers in our squad, play them both while we can! Admittedly Hemed has been injured, but was initially dropped to accomodate Eze. They've both got goals in them, why not play them together while we have can? I honestly dont know what the plan is for next season but its worrying times with Matt Smith looking like our only striker next season.

Pawel - Not a wing-back, hes a right winger. He causes every team problems running down the right flank when hes sat higher up. Got a good cross on him and the odd goal. Tracks back well and helps out his full-back but hes not a wing-back. Playing him in that role massively holds him back and you can see his frustration.
          Lynch - Completely agree - A walking disaster! thinks he is david luiz.

Bidwell - Completely disagree - one of our most consistent performers who suffers from Freeman playing in front of him and Lynch playing inside of him - countless times he bombs up and down that wing. Freeman gets drawn into the middle leaving him exposed. and a lot of our goals that come down that side are due to Lynch being out of position, An Underrated player. Just solid.

Midfield - Cameron is a big loss - Mass was better playing further forward. Cousins has been our best player since half time v Brum - scowen can go

Lumley and Eze - agree.

Smith - Again been immense the last few games and without him we lose one of our main routes to goal. More deserving of his place atm than wells

Wells and Hemed - Wells looks shot of confidence - needs something to go for him - Hemed needs game time - i imagine we will see them starting together more often now.

Pawel - agree not a wing back but on the first half display yesterday not a winger - a good player who had a better second half - at his best earlier in the season playing more advanced. Without Smith in the team - Wingers who can cross become slightly redundant!

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

Agree with much of that, but I think Bidwell is ok and for me could be better suited as a CB.

Can't wait for Cameron to regain fitness and come back to the eam to sit in front of the back 4 allowing Freeman Wzsolek and Luongo to create chances for the front two.

Eze for me needs to be kept as a sub along with Smith to come on at some point in the 2nd half . BOS also as a 2nd half sub.

Comment

pawel had lots of chances yesterday to take on the FB he chose to place safe and knock it back , would love to see him go at defenders like murphy did last night . at this level you're in trouble if u carry players and we are carrying a few

Comment

Cannot agree with the Bidwell slating at all. Solid Championship defender IMO.

Comment

Brad! where have you been. We've been crying out for your insight. Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Comment

Working...
                  X