FA Cup attendance 17,212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA Cup attendance 17,212

I guess that proves just how much the fans think of the competition and why managers need to pick strong line ups for this. The Board imo needs to remind the manager of the day that QPR should aim to doas well as they can in this. had Wells and Leistner been able to convert their chances QPR would be in the QFs and making a reasonable amount of money (much needed in the current situation).

1,000 empty seats ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      1,000 empty seats ?
      I think lower school end over by ER was closed?
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        I guess that proves just how much the fans think of the competition and why managers need to pick strong line ups for this. The Board imo needs to remind the manager of the day that QPR should aim to doas well as they can in this. had Wells and Leistner been able to convert their chances QPR would be in the QFs and making a reasonable amount of money (much needed in the current situation).
        Means #### all..

It actually means we've got a bunch of fans who literally come when we play a big team or when times are good.

Will they be there tomorrow? NOPE!

Comment

The Price of the tickets was a factor too

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Means #### all..

It actually means we've got a bunch of fans who literally come when we play a big team or when times are good.

Does make you wonder where these fans come from? Would be nice if we had that kind of support week in week out, many other teams manage it.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
              The Price of the tickets was a factor too
              Oh, no doubt about that. But nobody batted an eyelid when we played at Wembley at a ridiculous price?

Can't remember many fussing at the price when we was in the Prem, or when we went up either season. Fact remains, when times are tough the fans dont come.

Comment

Why is it that people who go to games more regularly think they have some kind of sense of entitlement to #### off other fans who can't get to games as often? I work early every Saturday but still try to make it to a handful of games every season. Don't live close to the ground either so usually end up getting there with no time to spare. I was there on Friday as I managed to get the day off on Saturday, but I can't be there on Tuesday because I have work early the next morning. Doesn't make me any less of a fan does it, I'll be watching the game at home, still want us to win. Like some bloke giving it in the toilets "where have all you lot come from, wish you'd all #### off so I can have my seat back etc" . Who the fvck is he?! I wish I could go to more games , its just not possible

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                  Why is it that people who go to games more regularly think they have some kind of sense of entitlement to #### off other fans who can't get to games as often? I work early every Saturday but still try to make it to a handful of games every season. Don't live close to the ground either so usually end up getting there with no time to spare. I was there on Friday as I managed to get the day off on Saturday, but I can't be there on Tuesday because I have work early the next morning. Doesn't make me any less of a fan does it, I'll be watching the game at home, still want us to win. Like some bloke giving it in the toilets "where have all you lot come from, wish you'd all #### off so I can have my seat back etc" . Who the fvck is he?! I wish I could go to more games , its just not possible
                  You're like my wife.. You hear what you want to hear, read what you want to hear and farking moan when you dont get your own way.

Our average gate is 13.5K, and never quite as high as we got against Watford, sometimes even lower. So it's fair to say, as a part of the OP question that nobody gives a #### about the FA Cup but came to watch Watford more so. Otherwise, why wasn't they there against Leeds?

Get over it man, people come in their forces when it suits best. I didnt say 'you're less of a fan' I didnt say 'Nobody has reason to not come'

I get the situation, I get the pricing, but are you telling me that we only have 4K extra fans available in the world? I think not, so my point is not every week are people unable to come therefore the attendances should be on average at 17K IMO. We've sold out Wembley dont forget!!!

Comment

Looks exactly to me like you are looking down your nose at fans who went to the Watford game but don't go every week.
                    1. It was an FA cup game, against a a premiership team, whilst we are on our best cup run for over 20 years
                    2. Was a Friday night as opposed to Saturday afternoon when most games are played, maybe makes it easier for people to go to
                    3. Tickets were cheap

Do you think any other club is any different? Fans will always try to go to "bigger" games like Wigan (playoffs) and Derby at Wembley because they are not just ordinary games, people will make more of an effort to go to those games. Not sure how you've worked out we should average 17k because the attendance is higher for a one-off game in the fa cup against a Prem team

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      1,000 empty seats ?
                      Yes but in the school end which was used by Watford.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                        Because so many of them like to think of themselves as better fans than others.

My point waz that it does matther to fans and generates more income .

Also, with some element of luck, QPR could progress on to the final.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes but in the school end which was used by Watford.
                          Ah right. Thought both sold out.

Comment

Maybe fans turned up because they like to see the team play agaonst the better/bigger teams in the hope of winning and progressing in a cup competition and dream of winning a trophy.

Comment

Means #### all..

Yep!

Comment

Working...
                              X