• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What team was better

I was having a chat with Simon Stainrod on
    facebook yesterday and it got me thinking
    which team Terry Venables title winning team in
    82/83 or Warnocks 10/11 title winning team was better. I myself believe it was Tels it was the first Rangers team I saw in '82 what a team! Won the league by 10 points when it was only 2 points a win. A real close run thing though, loved both teams.

Good thread Shanns this will be interesting once the vintage followers get involved

i was too young for 82 side I can only speak of Warnock side which I loved.

Comment

Cant beat the 66-67 team. Over 100 goals scored and run away winners by over 10 points. Loved the 75-76 team. Tels team edges it for me.

Comment

Saw both and my instant reaction to the question was Tel’s team as they did so well the following year after going up.
        However, that’s a bit of an unfair comparison as the gulf between divisions is huge now, due to the money premier league teams spend. If the two teams played each other it would be a hard one to call that’s for sure but I’d still go for Tel’s team.
        Adel was unplayable on occasions but I just don’t think he’d have had it all his own way aginst Waddock, Flanagan etc and if you take him out of the equation, as good as the rest of his teammates were, the team of 83 were stronger all over the pitch imo.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

I'd go El Tel's. That team went on and finished top 6 (was it?) following year in Div 1.
          Then the dildo took a sideways step and went to Barcef*kinlona............Unbelievable

Comment

even our women side better than when mullery had us.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Having said that what Neil Warnock did here was truly amazing.
              Remember he came in here and saved us from certain relegation at the tail end of the season before.
              He signed free transfers in Hill & Derry, Paid a small fee for Mackie and slightly larger fee for Kenny.
              He brought in Bradley Orr and loaned in Kylw walker for half a season.
              We were in deep do do and he transformed this club, with sheer bloody mindedness, and a footballing genius.
              Where Tel's team were FA cup finalists the year before, and built on that.
              NW did a helluva job tbf

Comment

Warnocks promotion winning team was great, but Terrys All gold all day for me.
                I travelled to almost every game that season, home & away and it was one of my best ever years following The Rss.
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

The 82 team all day for me , excellent time to be a Rangers fan , that whole team was excellent , when Adel was the only standout player of the 10/11 season .
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    Warnocks promotion winning team was great, but Terrys All gold all day for me.
                    I travelled to almost every game that season, home & away and it was one of my best ever years following The Rss.
                    Same here fraggy. A truely brilliant season and wonderful wonderful memories, never to be beaten in my view.

Comment

Tels team by a long shot, we were in a similar position when Tel took over, as to when NW took over but to then take us to the Cup Final, then Champions of Div 2 and then Europe the following season was fantastic and we did it in style too. Neil’s team was fabulous too but only for one season and Adel carried us through with Clint and Shaun’s help, whereas 81-84 it was a complete team.

Comment

tbf we had some stand out players from most sides,Wonky leg,Parker,stainrod,Dog,etc etc so many decent talent.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Always liked Mike Flanagan. His stand-up is terrific - that Out-Out sequence borders on pure genius.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            The 82 team all day for me , excellent time to be a Rangers fan , that whole team was excellent , when Adel was the only standout player of the 10/11 season .
                            This for me as well.

Comment

82 with Home grown players aplenty - Hucker, Neill, Dawes, Mcdonald, Fereday etc

Comment

Working...
                              X