Heidar Helgusson.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dando View Post
    for me - hes a good all round player but the amount of easy chances he misses is absoloutely ridiculous. Is it just me, or does he rush all of his shots? Instead of composing himself and placing it - he just seems to blast it without taking any time, which on countless amount of times has gone wrong
    I think that is confidence. In a winning team scoring goals he will not have the pressure of "if i miss this then we lose". He will score goals as long as he stays fit. As others have said he is a better option than SDC.

Comment

For me - Di Carmine is nowhere near as good as HH. It is clear HH's finishing has been awful, but he has much more presence up front that SDC and brings other players into the game. I dont want to be harsh but i really hope Di Carmine doesnt play for us again! He is simply not good enough, end of story. He hasa great shot on him, but is not at all suited for this league. Gives his all, i cant fault that but he is not the answer to our striker problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BazzaInTheLoft View Post
        I for one am excited about a potential Helguson / Vine partnership to start next season. It will be interesting to see what Helguson does when the pressure is off his shoulders. When he scored those three in five he wasn't the sole provider of goals. Throw in some Balanta late sub action and I think we have goals next season.
        With the prices Briatore is charging and the promise of Champions League football in 2 years time ( was 4 remember) we should be getting excited with the prospect of a BECKFORD/LITA partnership next season if we're serious about progressing, with Viney partnering Ephraim on the left.But we know that won't happen.Meanwhile sicknote HH would be hopeless under any circumstance let alone seeking promotion.He's missed a whole hatful of chances all season and the three he got were virtual tap-ins.How long can a run of bad form continue ? Probably the rest of his career in Helguson's case.

Comment

agree with geejay. I think HH and Vine will be a good partnership, but are any of them going to score many goals? They will creative and link up, but we also nee a natural goalscorer to get on the end of these chances and bang them away. Get Lita up front, or someone along the lines of Ebanks Blake kind of player - and we will have a very good chances of pushing up the table.

Comment

Well considering how tight Briatorie obviously is with his cash, we will probably see Alonso and Piquet up front on non F1 weekends as he tries to get the most out of their inflated salaries....

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
              For me - Di Carmine is nowhere near as good as HH. It is clear HH's finishing has been awful, but he has much more presence up front that SDC and brings other players into the game. I dont want to be harsh but i really hope Di Carmine doesnt play for us again! He is simply not good enough, end of story. He hasa great shot on him, but is not at all suited for this league. Gives his all, i cant fault that but he is not the answer to our striker problems.
              SDC hasn't been a success, but most of the time, he has played as a lone striker. Perhaps if he had more games alongside Blackstock, the two of them might have formed a reasonable partnership. Perhaps he might get a chance alongside Vine before we discard him.

Perhaps HH is lacking confidence, but his goals have dried up since his loan move was made permanent. He has managed 2 goals in 2009. both at Blackpool and one of them was a pen. So far, he has only managed to score against Preston (2) and Plymouth (1). That means he has scored in 3 games, the same as SDC, but he has played more minutes and more often in a 4-4-2 formation alongside Blackstock and now Vine. HH has 14 starts to SDC's 15.

Comment

I see what you are saying stan - but for me ive seen enough of Di Carmine to see hes not a good player. He isnt composed with the ball, has no presence, and keeps running with the ball into trouble. I dont think itd makea lof of difference who he is put up front with - and i wouldnt want to waste any more time fidning out. We need a proven striker, suited for this league. The time we wasted playing Ledesma, Parejo, Di carmine, has been painful and frustrating to watch this season, and wouldnt want go through that again and have to wait until January to correct it. They all had their moments, but thats not enough - you need to be consistent to succeed

Comment

I wont disagree that it hasn't really worked out for him, but I do think that he should never have been used as a lone striker. I have seen him contribute to setting up chances for teammates and it would have been better if they had been set up for another striker.

He set up Blackstock's equaliser against Coventry. He also set up a glorious chance for Taarabt aganist Palace. Those are a few of his contributions this season. If he was used as a target man (not just for aimless high balls) with others playing off him, we might have got a better idea of what he can do.

I think he offers more to the side in a 4-4-2 than HH has or ever will do. HH is a poor version of Vine, so playing them together is a waste of time (as seen on Saturday).

Fair enough to HH for getting into the scoring positions, but it is pointless if he is going to keep missing sitters. Palace, Sheff Weds, Wolves (H), Coventry, Reading, Norwich, Cardiff, Wolves (A).

I do agree that QPR need better strikers for next season than DB, SDC, PA or HH if they are to mount a serious promotion challenge.

Hopefully, the Board will appoint a decent manager and then let him spend some money to improve the squad so that we don't end up with another disappointing season leaving us asking "What if we had a signed a good pair of strikers and real fullbacks".:(

Comment

How did he miss that sitter?

shocker..
                    We're Queens Park Rangers, we rule supreme

Comment

So what you saying Dave you dont rate him?

Comment

Working...
                      X