Dirty Leeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    I am delighted Leeds keep winning, playoffs is definitely there if we want it. You could argue security should be improved. Fans can watch training sessions its cheeky but hardly criminal.
    This is a valid argument. But where do you draw the line? Are we saying that teams should be ensuring that all tactically focused training sessions are carried out behind closed doors in future?

Surely a better plan is to punish Leeds, and hope that sends out a message to anyone else who thinks this type of thing is a good idea?!!

Comment

One has to admit, seeing the return of the “alternative table” being printed in their programme once again as happened under Bates, would indeed be highly amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Have a look at Frank Lampard's interview from last night mate. Whether you like the guy or not, he makes some very valid points about why this type of behaviour needs to be dealt with severely.

To compound matters, Leeds' manager has come out and said he has a different view on things and this type of spying is something has been doing everywhere he's been since 2002.

Needs stamping out of the English game in my opinion. That sort of behaviour can stay on the continent and South America etc.

I totally agree Tarbs and not something that I think should be tolerated, purely on ethical grounds. The fact that Derby had to stop training and call the police shows that it is a damaging practice.
        I'm still not sure what Bielsa hoped to gain from it though.

I doubt that there is a specific rule in place for this but maybe the FA can apply a fine under some kind of sportsmanship/behaviour rule.

Comment

Derby were awful, the only thing opposition sides should do is work on that donkey Keogh
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post

I totally agree Tarbs and not something that I think should be tolerated, purely on ethical grounds. The fact that Derby had to stop training and call the police shows that it is a damaging practice.
            I'm still not sure what Bielsa hoped to gain from it though.

I doubt that there is a specific rule in place for this but maybe the FA can apply a fine under some kind of sportsmanship/behaviour rule.
            Selection and tactics mate. They were the areas that Lampard raised. They had players not training who were unavailable for selection, they were also running through formations and selections for the match.

Comment

Seems to me that Mr Bielsa does not have much faith in his own abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                Seems to me that Mr Bielsa does not have much faith in his own abilities.
                I think it's just the case of taking any small advantage that you can, and clearly ethics vary from one individual to the next. Similar argument to diving really. In my eyes it's just cheating. But to many players, if they can trick the ref and use that to their advantage, then that's just part of the game!

Comment

We watch a lot of Managers watching games in which one of the teams involved will be their opponents next. Of course they will be spying, however… this is not illegal. Maybe someone hidng behind the bushes gives the impression if something illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                    We watch a lot of Managers watching games in which one of the teams involved will be their opponents next. Of course they will be spying, however… this is not illegal. Maybe someone hidng behind the bushes gives the impression if something illegal.
                    Admittedly, I'm not sure what the actual league regulations on this are mate. At very least it's ungentlemanly though!

Comment

Sky Sports would not allow any punishment for their team.

Comment

Skulking around in a bush watching another team train is pathetic and should be made illegal, if it isn’t already.
                        Lampards previous allegiance or behaviour in the past doesn’t change that.
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Have a look at Frank Lampard's interview from last night mate. Whether you like the guy or not, he makes some very valid points about why this type of behaviour needs to be dealt with severely.

To compound matters, Leeds' manager has come out and said he has a different view on things and this type of spying is something has been doing everywhere he's been since 2002.

Needs stamping out of the English game in my opinion. That sort of behaviour can stay on the continent and South America etc.
                          if it happened to us we'd all be fuming and be calling for bielsa's head! this kinda thing shouldn't be tolerated at all and spoils the integrity of the game, i wouldn't be proud of our club if we did it. there's a big difference between sending scouts to watch a rival's game but watching training sessions is just disgraceful, team's obviously work on things and repeat the same drills over and over again and it gives teams an advantage if they know what another team is trying to work on.

leeds should be deducted 3 points at the very least and 3 points should be awarded to derby instead. sure, we're biting at derby's heels but i don't want football to be a game of spying and being sneaky.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

if it happened to us we'd all be fuming and be calling for bielsa's head! this kinda thing shouldn't be tolerated at all and spoils the integrity of the game, i wouldn't be proud of our club if we did it. there's a big difference between sending scouts to watch a rival's game but watching training sessions is just disgraceful, team's obviously work on things and repeat the same drills over and over again and it gives teams an advantage if they know what another team is trying to work on.

leeds should be deducted 3 points at the very least and 3 points should be awarded to derby instead. sure, we're biting at derby's heels but i don't want football to be a game of spying and being sneaky.
                            But the manager has admitted doing it in every game mate. Much bigger argument here than just last night's game!

Comment

My take on this is, if it's ok, then why hide in a bush?
                              As Corbs said, it brings his integrity into question.

Very poor form.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

But the manager has admitted doing it in every game mate. Much bigger argument here than just last night's game!
                                if that's the case then they need more than just 3 points deducted! i don't agree with bending them over a barrel and demoting them or whatever but maybe something that they'll learn from like a 10pt deduction or something. something that'd hit them hard without completely derailing their season as they've still had to be good enough to beat teams etc but the FA need to do something that sends a message to bielsa and to any other team that thinks about employing similar shadey tactics to gain an advantage. it's bloody disgraceful what bielsa has done and has no place in football, zero tolerance to this kind of stuff imo!

like i said, i'd be ashamed if qpr did it and if we did i'd be calling for the exact same punishment too as it's straight up cheating there's no 2 ways about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X