Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality

Let's face it,we not a good team,poor squad for ages. Crap infrastructure ground etc.
    financially crippled,and seem to go from poor management to poor management. It not going to get better,we are where we are and will stay.
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Leighsie....have you banged your swede old son...well written and spot on post old bean.
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Just no illusions of grandeur
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Very true. We’re a side who when doing well is punching above its weight but no side punches better when everything aligns

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          Let's face it,we not a good team,poor squad for ages. Crap infrastructure ground etc.
          financially crippled,and seem to go from poor management to poor management. It not going to get better,we are where we are and will stay.
          Bravo Lieghsy .....exactly my thoughts the other day in a post

Comment

We need leighsie to be our 'Robbie of arsenal tv'
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I feel like starting a thread called "Losing the Battle"...Oh wait!

Comment

This situation has been on the cards for a long time and we are now reaping what we sowed. We really cannot go on like this and our only hope is the current mob leave and someone comes in with a strategy and plan something the current shower never had.

Comment

Happy days!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                    I feel like starting a thread called "Losing the Battle"...Oh wait!
                    Exactly you were spot on, inspired my post too.
                    We are going nowhere, but i put it at least 50% at least at the door of the FL
                    Their meddling of the clubs financial progress means club's like ours will never be able to go forward.
                    They may as well add on points to the "big and in their view best clubs" to help them keep at the top.
                    You'll never see another Wimbledon or for that matter a little QPR win the lge cup as third tier
                    team and go through the divisions again

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Their meddling of the clubs financial progress means club's like ours will never be able to go forward.
                      They may as well add on points to the "big and in their view best clubs" to help them keep at the top.
                      You'll never see another Wimbledon or for that matter a little QPR win the lge cup as third tier
                      But isn't there a balance to be struck Dave?

Wasn't FFP also brought in to protect the integrity of the leagues by preventing the likes of Portsmouth from going into administration and risking the league members' very existence? How do you mitigate those cases versus preserving non-restriction of trade by wealthy owners?

Comment

The EFL did not force us to take the crazy decisions that led to the sanction.. The rules were in place and we steamed in eyes wide shut. Business as usual, Uncle style.

One person is responsible for the abortion of the last few years, and that man is Tony Fernandes. He took the decisions. When he came to us a couple of clubs dodged a massive bullet.

Comment

Leicester recently won the league and small clubs likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Brighton are plodding along in the premiership.
                          i know on here we are all passionate about our club but if we took a step back it was a financial disaster the way we were run. I ain't got a scooby as to how FFP works or what entails a breach. However looking at it obectively with a team at one stage who's salary was higher than athletico Madrid, we had players on contracts that were not out of place for top 4 premier teams, I remember looking at Kane's salary at one stage and noticing at least 4 of our players were earning more, we had a goalie that wouldn't go to inter or juve in a world cup year in his home country as he was earning more in W12. Luke Young awful injury problems but I'm sure I read we gave him a contract of £45k per year that's more I think utd were paying Zaha. We even bought a player from a Russian club for a massive salary and then sold him back. Watching us conduct business on transfer nights was like watching those crazies shopping on black Fridays before Xmas. It was chaos.
                          i suspect what the club's plan was which was a short term view to spend big on debt but get the money flooding in on regeneration on OOC. Probably club planned that any short term expenditure would be offset by the huge profits made in the redevelopment and was the worth the risk. Obviously all became unstuck with CG, planning, other bidders, property mkt and relegation etc
                          As we all know and majority of posters on here acknowledge the gamble didn't pay off. Our own fans believe how we were run was appalling, it's not so unreasonable for FFP to come to same conclusion and apply sanctions. So for me anyway if FFP was brought in (and agreed by the club's) to halt reckless spending then it's not unreasonable for them to come after us in light of our behaviour.

Comment

You can say what you like we are being restricted unfairly by having a small ground the ffp and the players union
                            having too much power.
                            We have no future in this league or higher.
                            I'm getting bournemouth huddersfield brighton thrown at me, well 2 have built new stadiums and the other broke ffp rules.
                            All i'm saying is we are viewed as lge 1 lge 2 material by the league who only want the "sexy" clubs to go up.
                            Their rules are tantamount to deducting us points or giving others extra points for being bigger.
                            I'm also pointing out instead of coming on here moaning that we lost again, get used to it until our level
                            is found which might be lge 2, and that is partly (at least 50%) down to draconian unfair league rules,
                            which i might add don't seem to apply to all

Comment

Should it be two sets of FFP rules then? One for the smaller clubs and another one for the bigger ones? Maybe that could make it more even..I`m not sure I worded this comprehensible enough but I`m just in the middle of a thinking prossessto make it clearer..
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X