Steve Mac's cup choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Mac's cup choice

I've thought over last night and now I can't blame S Mc for his selection of players or any other manager that chooses to play their squad players , think of of it since the disbandment of the old combination players outside the managers choice manage get next to no competitive football apart from cup games , the combination was a competetive compition league that football deemed to expensive , this again suited the premier league that buy ready made player rather than produce players ie the scum up the road with over 70 player many out on loan gaining experience at other clubs youth expense , yes that name again Holloway ! and the priviouse 4 at QPR all employed the same choices as so many clubs do , last night from all account we were a rabble maybe the manager could have did something about that but it's easy to think the the players that came in were unhappy dissatisfied with their chances , uninterested with being thrown crumbs of early cup games , is this why players are called modern players only interested in they money ?, the old great managers Shankly Busby Clough all used to say players have to earn the right to play in the first team well that's pretty hard these days playing unchallenging football
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 26-09-2018, 12:39 PM.

That's a hell of a sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      That's a hell of a sentence.
      Lol shouldn't you be in the garden ! Get the spade out then you can dig to your heart's content , slim fingers

Comment

I can get my head around it but what it does is heap pressure on him now for Swansea as if they lose question is what was point of weakened side

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I can get my head around it but what it does is heap pressure on him now for Swansea as if they lose question is what was point of weakened side
          I think the main point of last night was a chance to see some of those that haven't played get decent competitive game time not to rest the first team.

Comment

That's the problem all managers face in cup games Westy ! If you can't give a player a game what's the point of giving him a squad number ? I know you differ slightly to me about Smythe but last night him and others wernt that interested from all accounts , and the shlt then lies with the manager , after all Smythe and others joined QPR play football

Comment

If players don't take the opportunity when it's offered they don't deserve to be in the first XI. A lot of that team have been playing together in the U23s. Not good enough. Maybe MacLaren is right and a bit of tough love is needed.

Comment

We would probably have lost with our best players, too. Think it has no extra influence on the pressure.

Comment

Don’t disagree Dogs I can see both sides if I’m honest. What is clear is the kids failed to show or never fancied it.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                    If players don't take the opportunity when it's offered they don't deserve to be in the first XI. A lot of that team have been playing together in the U23s. Not good enough. Maybe MacLaren is right and a bit of tough love is needed.
                    Just not the case mate they have to snatch the chance when the occasion arises ! But in the old combination league players had the opertunity to play their way into the 1st team over a sustained period not just having the odd chance to impress under pressure to impress , kids become footballers to play football every week not once in the blue moon

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

I think the main point of last night was a chance to see some of those that haven't played get decent competitive game time not to rest the first team.
                      Exactly how I saw it.... SM already under pressure. Unfortuntley thats what comes with being a new manager (and a 7-1thrashing to your name). So he's not really in a position where he can risk experimenting/see how certain players play, in a league match.

The carabao cup not a priority for qpr/SM, staying in this league is. And I agree.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Only thing is, it wasn't just kids out there last night was it. There were plenty of very experienced players who have played a lot for us in the first team too. I would say it's the players mentality and will to win that wasn't there last night. McClaren can only do so much then its up to the players to show they want it enough. How do they expect to get back in the first 11 when they play like that against players who would jump at the chance to be where they are.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          Only thing is, it wasn't just kids out there last night was it. There were plenty of very experienced players who have played a lot for us in the first team too. I would say it's the players mentality and will to win that wasn't there last night. McClaren can only do so much then its up to the players to show they want it enough. How do they expect to get back in the first 11 when they play like that against players who would jump at the chance to be where they are.
                          Agree to an extent on the experienced players. Definitely should have got more out of them but when you look at it - Hall is coming back from injury, Baptiste has only done a few games, Ingram is shot to pieces, Pavel has only done cup games and Smith is now a bench warmer.

No real excuse for Cousins and Scowen IMO

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            I've thought over last night and now I can't blame S Mc for his selection of players or any other manager that chooses to play their squad players , think of of it since the disbandment of the old combination players outside the managers choice manage get next to no competitive football apart from cup games , the combination was a competetive compition league that football deemed to expensive , this again suited the premier league that buy ready made player rather than produce players ie the scum up the road with over 70 player many out on loan gaining experience at other clubs youth expense , yes that name again Holloway ! and the priviouse 4 at QPR all employed the same choices as so many clubs do , last night from all account we were a rabble maybe the manager could have did something about that but it's easy to think the the players that came in were unhappy dissatisfied with their chances , uninterested with being thrown crumbs of early cup games , is this why players are called modern players only interested in they money ?, the old great managers Shankly Busby Clough all used to say players have to earn the right to play in the first team well that's pretty hard these days playing unchallenging football
                            I agree that the Combination league was vital for keeping out of choice players fit and ready for 1st team football when called upon. The sooner clubs do something to bring it back the better as far as I am concerned, but I won't hold my breath.

Still I don't think making 9 changes was wise nor was the choice of subs.

Smith up front alone is a waste of time and embarrassing.

Comment

when and if blackpool get a plum draw next game i can't help but think it's a chance missed , wells hasn't scored for us yet and it would of been a chance for him to get off the mark . i think blackpool are now unbeaten in 8 , maybe we took them to lightly ... would be interesting to hear from someone that went last nite and hear how we played

Comment

Working...
                              X