Bassong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Isn't that why he's so keen for Hall to return? Leistner's not that type of defender, but has other strengths as Wests says.
    So he only needs one defender who can play from the back? I don't mind Leistner. He has a good attitude and could become a cult hero for us but his distribution is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      So he only needs one defender who can play from the back?
      I thought his original approach was not for defenders to play (dribble) out from the back, but for the team to play it through the areas (starting at the back) rather than play the long ball. He seems to have abandoned that idea now though after realising he didn't have the defenders to play that style, which our first four games clearly proved.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

I thought his original approach was not for defenders to play (dribble) out from the back, but for the team to play it through the areas (starting at the back) rather than play the long ball. He seems to have abandoned that idea now though after realising he didn't have the defenders to play that style, which our first four games clearly proved.
        Yeah, the issue for me is the club seems to be giving mixed messages on a lot of things which worries me as I thought we were putting good foundations in place. The expensive loan signings which apparently were a thing of the past, Manning going on loan and Smyth would be gone too if Portsmouth had done the deal. Kakay would have never got a game if Furlong had not got injured.

I can see some of the reasons for all this but can't help feeling we are reacting to problems as they happen rather than having a long term idea. It's as if what was OK yesterday, well we changed our mind today....if any of that makes any sense.

I know our strikers are poor but we got by last year. This year it's panic mode...we have to get these loans are we will be relegated. Changing direction again.

Comment

Most of the people calling Bassong crap are judging him on his past record at Norwich and have never seem him play. The ones that have seen him play say he is OK for a freebie cover which is just about right.

Comment

I keep reading loan signings we’re exoens, where is the evidence of this??? They could have cost us peanuts

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              Most of the people calling Bassong crap are judging him on his past record at Norwich and have never seem him play. The ones that have seen him play say he is OK for a freebie cover which is just about right.
              I know there were some tough PL seasons at Norwich but wasn't he part of Neil's team that got promoted from the Championship ?

Comment

One thing to remember...... Hill? was over it, the summer he signed according to many, Derry was only good enough
                for the Irish league, Nelson had one eye, one arm, one leg or at least would play as if he did.
                All were heroes...........(drops mic)

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  One thing to remember, Hill? was over it, the summer he signed according to many, Derry was only good enough
                  for the Irish league, Nelson had one, eye, one arm, one leg or at least would play as if he did.
                  All were heroes...........drops mic
                  If Bassong signs and becomes a hero the calibre of Hill/Derry, I'll attend QPR games in drag for the following year and change my name to Mrs Sebastian Bassong.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

If Bassong signs and becomes a hero the calibre of Hill/Derry, I'll attend QPR games in drag for the following year and change my name to Mrs Sebastian Bassong.
                    And if he does ok, it's only fair Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                      Everyone was crying about not giving onuoha a new deal but turn nose up at bassong a literally identical player for cheaper than what onuoha wants. Both pacey, both experienced both open to lapses of concentration! Make your minds up! Bassong is no worse then onuoha. Watched bassong in the last 3 u23 games nothing wrong with him as cover in which he will probably be signed for
                      This is true.

There isn't really much between the capabilities of either of them Both can have good and bad games. Onouha may be a stronger player, but on many occasions he was comfortably brushed aside by weaker forwards.
                      I would have preferred that QPR had been able to sign a loanee like Kalas, but that didn't happen, but if they sign Bassong on a contract for this season on a low pay bigger bonus type of deal I wouldn't be too dsappointed now.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                        I've seen him numerous times when he was at Norwich and stand by my opinion of him that he is utter shoite now. was decent when at Norwich early on but was a liability towards the end as knees are shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

An interesting project - for charity I trust. What criteria will we need to judge? An online poll? When? Looking forward to this - however, as it’s not a leap year you should forget the marriage proposal!

Comment

Signed for Peterborough. Have to say I’m very surprised no one in the championship picked him up.

Comment

Can he still play for our under 23s
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                                Signed for Peterborough. Have to say I’m very surprised no one in the championship picked him up.
                                Good for him, obviously bidded his time & got a decent club
                                Under Les Ferdinand:
                                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                                X