4th Dec 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Dec 2015

Following 2 victories on trot, Warnock was replaced as manager by JFH. We know now from Clint Hill and Fernandes that Warnock did want the job but the thinking at the time was to get a younger chap in.

at that time, our squad included Austin, Cherry, Faurlin, Philipps, Hoilett, Fer.......you may not have liked all of them but these players were a different league to what McLaren has today.

We were 2 points off the playoffs when Warnock left and we ended up 12th. We also spent money in that season on Washington and El Kahati (or whatever he was called). Warnock then kept Rotherham up and got a poor Cardiff side promoted.

This was such a pivotal time for the club and we got it wrong. Why is it, when we cut costs and get rid of high earners it’s “well done Hoos and well done Les”, when we get wrong manager in and we look rushed and disorganised when it comes to payer recruitment, it’s all down to Tony. We haven’t progressed with a new stadium or training ground. They have at least produced a presentation for us this season on why we need to move (how many years has that taken). Cutting costs is easy......and that’s all we’ve done. We can’t just blame Tony. The other 2 are equally to blame but people get fooled because they talk a good game. Tony has stepped back and so should the other 2.

James. You make some good points in you post but I ask you to look at Summer 2012's transfer deals and look and the outlay and return on the 10 or 11 players signed. When you have done that you may change your mind on Fernandes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      James. You make some good points in you post but I ask you to look at Summer 2012's transfer deals and look and the outlay and return on the 10 or 11 players signed. When you have done that you may change your mind on Fernandes.
      I said Fernandes was to blame too. My point was it’s not just him. Having the most expensive championship squad in history did not help either

Comment

Deeper than that as he sanctioned all of those signings on huge wages that eventually took us down.

Comment

And that if I am not mistaken is where the ffp charge came from??

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Deeper than that as he sanctioned all of those signings on huge wages that eventually took us down.
            Yes that was first part of the mess, 2nd part was when we picked JFH and not Warnock

Comment

The root was his supermarket sweep attitude to recruitment along with hughes and joorabchin.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Following 2 victories on trot, Warnock was replaced as manager by JFH. We know now from Clint Hill and Fernandes that Warnock did want the job but the thinking at the time was to get a younger chap in.

at that time, our squad included Austin, Cherry, Faurlin, Philipps, Hoilett, Fer.......you may not have liked all of them but these players were a different league to what McLaren has today.

We were 2 points off the playoffs when Warnock left and we ended up 12th. We also spent money in that season on Washington and El Kahati (or whatever he was called). Warnock then kept Rotherham up and got a poor Cardiff side promoted.

This was such a pivotal time for the club and we got it wrong. Why is it, when we cut costs and get rid of high earners it’s “well done Hoos and well done Les”, when we get wrong manager in and we look rushed and disorganised when it comes to payer recruitment, it’s all down to Tony. We haven’t progressed with a new stadium or training ground. They have at least produced a presentation for us this season on why we need to move (how many years has that taken). Cutting costs is easy......and that’s all we’ve done. We can’t just blame Tony. The other 2 are equally to blame but people get fooled because they talk a good game. Tony has stepped back and so should the other 2.
                Yes Warnock did want the job and the only reason he didn't get it was because of our so Called DOF, he and Warnock had a little ruck, and for the DOF was all about self preservation in a power struggle, because Warnock wouldn't let him interfere, there's a well known dust up known in certain circles that the so called DOF was in the dressing room and he was questioned by Warnock, and Warnock stated that he should get out as he picked the and we're doing things his way, sadly Warnock was gone not long after and JFH was in place

Comment

Yes, I agree, it was a shocking decision to turn down the opportunity to get Warnock back. Thinking Les once turned down Warnock and 2-3 years later opted for McClaren is simply insane.

Comment

We'd have got Blackwell too. Two blokes who work well together and know what they are doing.

Comment

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and a lot of the mud slinging and looking for scape goats is coming from the same such posters who where clamouring for big name signings and top "champions league players" when we were promoted and were also baying for warnock to sacked and praising the appointment of Hughes (the main culprit in all of this) as a "proper" manager.

Fernandes has been gullible and i imagine that he is pretty shell shocked at having his trousers pulled down by Hughes and then redknapp.

We are in a pretty bad state and i along with almost everyone else think its going to get worse before it gets better.

I was there last night and one of the few who stayed until the end...the weird show of defiance that came at the final whistle from the few members of the crowd who stayed ..not anger but singing the clubs name...maybe we need a more of that now.

Comment

I remember people on here defending the decision to get rid of Warnock which was a joke.

James you are spot on with your points and again this highlights some of the dismal and not thought out decisions the club has made.

Comment

Working...
                        X