No announcement yet.

Good to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holloway was bumped off because he knew how bad things were at the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Nice posts, Hits. But can someone for the love of God please tell Steve to play 442, two of Scowen, Freeman and Luongo, abd Smyth with Smith up front.
      At our recent fan site meeting with SM he said his preferred formations are 4231 or 433 depending on oppo, so doubt we'll be seeing 442 anytime soon mate. 433 would probably be an improvement though.

Comment

Can't believe all these muggy McClaren #### off posts. Is pinkie back on?

Completely agree with Hits here. SM is a top class coach, especially with improving younger players - his record tells you that. Give him a bit of time to sort this team out and we will be mid table at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post

people are ignoring the fact mclaren lost 11 of last 12 fixtures played,
          Maybe but we are only interested in what he does as QPR manager, so 2 games and 2 loses. That is miles too early to judge him and unfair to start a thread like this after only 2 games (in my opinion ).

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbydunc View Post
            I agree, i do believe Holloway won 4 out of 5 of our last home games of the season, hail our by far superior coach we now have, 2nd from bottom!
            Yes but he won those after someone changed his tactics for him after the Forest debacle.

I agree with Hits about Holloway. McLaren is no perfect by any means, but the Board have stitched him up with the squad revamp!!.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
              For all the Holloway lovers out there , 6 defeats from first 7 games and that win Norwich got a man sent off after 10 seconds

just saying
              Yes I think they have forgotten that sorry statistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

At our recent fan site meeting with SM he said his preferred formations are 4231 or 433 depending on oppo, so doubt we'll be seeing 442 anytime soon mate. 433 would probably be an improvement though.
                Thanks for the info. Fine to have a preference, but shouldn't you play according to the abilities of your squad? With what you have? Smith isn't the best 1 up and the lightweight Sylla certainly isn't. Neither can hold the ball up. Consistently play it off. Nor run into space. Loans will have to save us. Oh for a Billy Sharp, who was excellent in the first half. Whatever else, however, Smith has to start before Sylla.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

Thanks for the info. Fine to have a preference, but shouldn't you play according to the abilities of your squad? With what you have? Smith isn't the best 1 up and the lightweight Sylla certainly isn't. Neither can hold the ball up. Consistently play it off. Nor run into space. Loans will have to save us. Oh for a Billy Sharp, who was excellent in the first half. Whatever else, however, Smith has to start before Sylla.
                  Agree with all of that. Perhaps SM will too eventually, the more he gets to know his squad, in the way us fans have had the time to over the last couple of years which, in that regard, gives us an advantage.

Significantly, after the Preston game he said that game had taught him more about his players than the entire pre-season and all training sessions since he'd arrived. After two games think it's still way too early to judge him and needs to be given at least the standard 10-12 games before doing so.
                  Last edited by Stanley; 12-08-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Agreed Stan.
                    If we are bottom 3come October, the I will be first on here to shout for his head,. Until then it's steve Mcclarens blue and white army
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I can’t work out whether we have some stupid people on here or they just love Holloway so much they sprout any old ####. McLaren has had 2 games. Holloway had losing run of what was it 6 in a row and in think he did it twice? Next, we’re using Maclaren’s record at another club to talk about his record. Okay, let’s try that with Ollie, played 142 (good amount of time to make an assessment), won 40 (28%) and lost 69 (49%). Mclaren’s win rate at derby (his last club) was 45%.

Comment

And not all the time blaming the manager stacks up. The players are the ones who are out on the pitch. If they themselves don't possess it to up their game and come together as a team then it should be them we should look to have a go at. It looked to me like at the end of SM's time at Derby the players had downed tools. Either they want to win or they don't. I know like yesterday other factors lead to Sheff utd's goals but SM can't control the players and the decisions they make during a game. That's their responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Holloway was bumped off because he knew how bad things were at the club.
                          Holloway was bumped off because as a club despite what everyone thinks were trying to move forward. He sailed the ship through some stormy waters and for that I thank him but we basically gave up on gaining points away from loftus road, suffered erratic and baffling team selections and had to listen to the same old tired excuses from all those years ago. It took him over half a season to realise playing 3 at the back hindered us massively and every time someone, usually the younguns, played a blinder he’d drop them. There’s a reason he was bombed out of millwall and there’s a reason he’d been a sky pundit for years.

Comment

You may well be right Greg and time will tell if they did the right thing. I for one want McClaren to succeed as I want us to do the best we can but he has not been helped at all so far. Lets hope we can get a few in that will give us a chance for the season as january next year is all about the fixtures.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              You may well be right Greg and time will tell if they did the right thing. I for one want McClaren to succeed as I want us to do the best we can but he has not been helped at all so far. Lets hope we can get a few in that will give us a chance for the season as january next year is all about the fixtures.
                              Agreed mate. Once mass is up to speed(Obviously had a shorter preseason) and weve added one or two in key areas i think well be ok. Steves a top coach and im desperate for him to do well. COYRS

Comment

Luongo should be given time to get up to speed as thought he looked sluggish and not his usual self. I hope the board give McClaren a chance as that team yesterday will be in for a very long season.

Comment

Working...
                                X