Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schteve on signings

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...rq6Bk.facebook

Not sure there's anything we didn't already know there. Though I'm happy to see Schteve confirm there's a bit more freedom to spend than there has been in the last couple of seasons. Just for me reinforces the fact that since Les and Hoos have come in they've done a good job stabilising us financially. Quite glad we aren't splashing money about any more.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

This is great news & why Steve is the best appointment for this club. Great coach & no major changes

Great young players, great coach. I’m excited
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Good read that, it's good to see that he is aiming for quality and not quantity. No more of that signing 4 wingers nonsense from clownhead last season. Just a good quality striker and a defender. Job done.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Think we need 2 defenders Hits

Comment

It sounds to me like players will need to be sold to raise cash to buy.

Not sure who there is to sell really apart from players that are needed i.e. Smithies, Luongo, Manning & Freeman.

I would prefer to keep those as well as Wyzsolek & Sylla who I still think that given a proper run in the side and the service can score regularly.

Cousins and Washington would be my choice to sell if there are any takers, but that won't raise much at all. So perhaps it will just be a few freebies and good coaching for the season ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            It sounds to me like players will need to be sold to raise cash to buy.

Not sure who there is to sell really apart from players that are needed i.e. Smithies, Luongo, Manning & Freeman.

I would prefer to keep those as well as Wyzsolek & Sylla who I still think that given a proper run in the side and the service can score regularly.

Cousins and Washington would be my choice to sell if there are any takers, but that won't raise much at all. So perhaps it will just be a few freebies and good coaching for the season ahead.
            That's the way I read it too Stan. It's clearly a slow fix after what was a ridiculous few years financially. Ramsey and Holloway did the jobs they were hired for (Ramsey more so now, it's vital we keep him involved), and now hopefully Schteve can take us forward. Not promotion, but top half.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

All sounds very sensible and all that but still not Holloway.

Comment

We've got some very exciting players on our books, and next season will be interesting.
                But we must all accept top 6 is beyond us, but that doesn't mean we can't have a successful season.
                I'm really confident our younguns can bloody a few noses, and we like the R's of old embarrass a few
                clubs on way bigger budgets.
                Top 10 for me is a realistic goal, .....

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  We've got some very exciting players on our books, and next season will be interesting.
                  But we must all accept top 6 is beyond us, but that doesn't mean we can't have a successful season.
                  I'm really confident our younguns can bloody a few noses, and we like the R's of old embarrass a few
                  Do we have to accept that?

To be honest, I think we've got a better squad than Preston (who finished 7th last season) & Millwall (8th). Ok, so I agree that all of last seasons top 6 are better squads on paper as us, but who knows what this league will look like next season. A few big sides really have run out of spending money.

Comment

Apparantly we are in for a Preston defender for 1 million smackers on news now

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

To be honest, I think we've got a better squad than Preston (who finished 7th last season) & Millwall (8th). Ok, so I agree that all of last seasons top 6 are better squads on paper as us, but who knows what this league will look like next season. A few big sides really have run out of spending money.
                      I think we must accept it tbh. It's not a slight on our squad, we have great young players, but they need time, and no pressure.

Comment

Why is top 6 beyond QPR?

Huddersfield won promotion with a squad that was not even expected by many to even avoid relegation. They had some decent players & signed a couple of decent loanees and got into the play offs.

Millwall and Preston just missed out last season with squads that are hardly well known and accomplished Championship players.

I am not saying I expect a top 6 finish, but given the squad & coach QPR have they can certainly challenge if some decent CBs are signed. We know that Smith can score given the service as can Sylla. Luongo and Scowen make a good pairing in midfield and with Wyzsolek and Freeman not to mention Smyth Chair and Eze in the frame I see very little reason why they can't be up there challenging.

A lot depends on how they are coached, set up and managed by McLaren. Although Holloway did a reasonable job in helping put this squad together, he was hopelessly inadequate when it came to matchday to get the best out of the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I agree Tarbie and posted my response to Dave without reading your post.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Why is top 6 beyond QPR?

Huddersfield won promotion with a squad that was not even expected by many to even avoid relegation. They had some decent players & signed a couple of decent loanees and got into the play offs.

Millwall and Preston just missed out last season with squads that are hardly well known and accomplished Championship players.

I am not saying I expect a top 6 finish, but given the squad & coach QPR have they can certainly challenge if some decent CBs are signed. We know that Smith can score given the service as can Sylla. Luongo and Scowen make a good pairing in midfield and with Wyzsolek and Freeman not to mention Smyth Chair and Eze in the frame I see very little reason why they can't be up there challenging.

A lot depends on how they are coached, set up and managed by McLaren. Although Holloway did a reasonable job in helping put this squad together, he was hopelessly inadequate when it came to matchday to get the best out of the players.
                            Couldn't have put it any better mate.

I think you've hit the nail on the head identifying CB as a major weakness too. Finding a couple of decent options in that position will be integral to us being competitive next season.

Comment

I think we must accept it tbh. It's not a slight on our squad, we have great young players, but they need time, and no pressure.
                              Don't agree mate.

This league was bang average this season just finished, and I think a few sides will have some major money woes next season. We should be going into the new season with no fear!

Comment

Working...
                              X