Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Yes, Harford got that decision right, but not many others.:very_sad:

He was also right in subbing Quashie at half time - he should not play for QPR again until he loses weight and is fit enough to actually run. He makes Pellicori look energetic.

Bent didn't look fit in the few minutes he was on the pitch, so probably should not have started, Taarbat ot Buzsaky should have, and one of these should have at least replaced him, not Vine (who also doesn't look fit physically or mentally to be playing).
    Agree with all of that, particularly Vine replacing Bent :scorn:
    Mind you, for a minute (about the 42nd to be precise) the changes - Quashie & Hogan - nearly came before half time which would have been madness and showed a lack of know how on Harford's part. The extra few minutes to get the team in the changing room and identify how the changes would work and give the subs a proper half time warm up is far better than changing with a couple of minutes to go to the break.
    In fact, those changes could have been made after about 20 minutes and things might just have been different - but, with the exception of that former plank, sorry manager of the lot down the road, I don't know of any manager brutal enough to make changes as early as that.

Oh, and the other possible change he could or should have made was to sub Vine instead of Ephraim - Jose would have done that too I bet.

Ok Hogan was poor but so was Vine and he's had far more chances to succeed than Hogan has so out of the two I'd rather stck with him than that lazy, over paid and over rated has been (though I'm not sure when) that is Rowan Vine.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

6 players starting with little or no match fitness / sharpness was asking for serious trouble. All the loans bar Priskin have not played competively for months and months

Comment

This thread sums up the dilemma at QPR at the moment, whatever the manager does or whoever he picks will be criticized by someone. The problem is the critics are very vocal and effect many of those around them. We are in a no win (excuse pun) situation as results are not going our way. When the team was announced last night, the majority agreed it was the one they would have picked but by the end many were saying Harford was clueless for picking that line up.
        RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

you got it spot on well done;

Comment

Working...
          X