Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My resignation as a moderator

Dears Mods and Members,

I've chosen to pubically announce my resignation as a moderator so that I can pubically praise and thank the likes of Myu, Kirill, The Godfather, Quaz, Pete and Shamie for their support during my time as a mod. This board gets a lot of unwarranted stick. QPR isn't a club on the up and as a fanbase we haven't always been a particularly happy lot so why fight with each other? Why nit pick over the smallest of issues when there is so much more to worry about?

I've not met any of the mods so can only go on what they say and the actions they take and to me they are a hardworking, honest bunch of lads who are trying to give YOU a fantastic forum so you can debate, blog and even play games. I've not seen another message board like it and for that we should be grateful for what they have achieved rather than knocking them the whole time. I don't believe that any of them are making money out of them. There is no advertising like that on Facebook but there are monthly costs involved in running a site like this. Costs that we as members have never been asked to foot the bill. As I said I can only go on what I've read and what I believe to be true but with monthly costs of more than £100 to be paid would it really be a problem if Myu and Pete did make some money so that they can pay the bills rather than doing it from their own pocket? Would anyone really object to a few adverts now and again to ensure they still get the same great website? So that the same website could exist for longer than if we didn't have them? I know I wouldn't.

I've chosen to resign not because of any one incident but because I find myself more and more tied up with things that I can't spend as much time on the board as I probably should. Myu has never expected us to spend a certain amount of time online but in fairness I think a moderator who isn't online very much at all can't help moderate. I'm moving house, I've just been promoted and I'm looking to going back to University meaning that I'm pretty snowed under at the moment. Adding to that I am spending more time than previously on Report's message board because some of the members that I enjoyed debating with are no longer on here so I find myself on that board more often. Plus I've always thought that when we moved over to this board it was a shame that people like Report and Eusebio13 didn't move over as well and it's been good to debate with them as well.

Sorry for the long ramblings (probably the last thing you needed after last night) but I did want to say thank you for the opportunity to help the WATRB team. I will continue to post here and with less time spent moderating I'll be able to spend more time doing stats and challenging Pete on Paulo Sousa issues. Good win for Swansea last night. A colleague of mine says they are playing their best football in 40 years.

SirPie

Thank you for your kind words and I am sorry that you are resigning as mod here but glad you have been promoted in your paying job
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Good luck with everything you have going on away from the misery of supporting QPR these days.

Spending more time on stats!!! That is scary

Take care mate you will be missed over here....
      A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Good to hear from you Sir Pie. I agree about the bitching, think most of us just scroll down to avoid it. But sadly the old cliche about football being a results business applies to message boards and with the club in freefall certain fans want to lash out and blame, and when they are bored with Flavio and Gianni they move on to Hartford and then a particular player and finally when that is exhausted they blame each other.
        This board has also suffered - through no fault of its own - because there is nothing really to debate. Think everyone - even Pete now - recognises that the club is a shambles from top to bottom so discussion about whether, say, Borrowdale is a slightly less bad option than Hill becomes rather pointless. Ditto "sack the manager" debates when all bar the most trigger happy are slowly realising that there is no white knight waiting to take over and rescue us.
        Anyway, thankyou for your stint as a moderator, good luck back at uni (you should have MORE, not less time on your hands...!) and with your various other life changes. I also post far less than I used to but when I do its good to still find you here.

Comment

[QUOTE=sirpiechucker;268448]Dears Mods and Members,

I've chosen to pubically announce my resignation as a moderator so that I can pubically praise and thank the likes of Myu, Kirill, The Godfather, Quaz, Pete and Shamie for their support during my time as a mod.

:horror:

Comment

[QUOTE=brightonr;268470]
            Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            Dears Mods and Members,

I've chosen to pubically announce my resignation as a moderator so that I can pubically praise and thank the likes of Myu, Kirill, The Godfather, Quaz, Pete and Shamie for their support during my time as a mod.

:horror:
            Oops spelling has never been my strongest asset!

Comment

i am

i am mortified by the loss of the sirpiechucker,he was poster of the year last season,and becuse that automaticalli excluded him from this season,he was
              unable to compete for thjis year flying cow award
              but hes a terrible loss to us perhaps the greatst loss since holloway,
              PLEASE DONT FORGET US SIRPIE,I SHALL BE SELLING STICKERS SOON
              ive been moderated by the sirpie

LOVE YOU BABY:red_heart:

Comment

Great work SPC.

Well done for your efforts and keep posting as your input is always intelligent and thought provoking!
                oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I still be here just not as much especially if I get my Uni placement which I find out next week.

Comment

Bitching is a shame really. I also think that negativity can spread like an illness and nowdays, with the use of websites,that gets to the club and players too.

Anyway - doesn't look like we are losing sirpie - just his modding status....
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Dears Mods and Members,

I've chosen to pubically announce my resignation as a moderator so that I can pubically praise and thank the likes of Myu, Kirill, The Godfather, Quaz, Pete and Shamie for their support during my time as a mod. This board gets a lot of unwarranted stick. QPR isn't a club on the up and as a fanbase we haven't always been a particularly happy lot so why fight with each other? Why nit pick over the smallest of issues when there is so much more to worry about?

I've not met any of the mods so can only go on what they say and the actions they take and to me they are a hardworking, honest bunch of lads who are trying to give YOU a fantastic forum so you can debate, blog and even play games. I've not seen another message board like it and for that we should be grateful for what they have achieved rather than knocking them the whole time. I don't believe that any of them are making money out of them. There is no advertising like that on Facebook but there are monthly costs involved in running a site like this. Costs that we as members have never been asked to foot the bill. As I said I can only go on what I've read and what I believe to be true but with monthly costs of more than £100 to be paid would it really be a problem if Myu and Pete did make some money so that they can pay the bills rather than doing it from their own pocket? Would anyone really object to a few adverts now and again to ensure they still get the same great website? So that the same website could exist for longer than if we didn't have them? I know I wouldn't.

I've chosen to resign not because of any one incident but because I find myself more and more tied up with things that I can't spend as much time on the board as I probably should. Myu has never expected us to spend a certain amount of time online but in fairness I think a moderator who isn't online very much at all can't help moderate. I'm moving house, I've just been promoted and I'm looking to going back to University meaning that I'm pretty snowed under at the moment. Adding to that I am spending more time than previously on Report's message board because some of the members that I enjoyed debating with are no longer on here so I find myself on that board more often. Plus I've always thought that when we moved over to this board it was a shame that people like Report and Eusebio13 didn't move over as well and it's been good to debate with them as well.

Sorry for the long ramblings (probably the last thing you needed after last night) but I did want to say thank you for the opportunity to help the WATRB team. I will continue to post here and with less time spent moderating I'll be able to spend more time doing stats and challenging Pete on Paulo Sousa issues. Good win for Swansea last night. A colleague of mine says they are playing their best football in 40 years.

SirPie
                      So what you're saying is that Reports message board is better than WATRB's and Sousa should never have been dismissed?

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
                        So what you're saying is that Reports message board is better than WATRB's and Sousa should never have been dismissed?
                        I am saying Sousa should never have been dismissed but in a round about way I'm also saying we are all QPR and we should stop the fighting. I've told Report that the nit picking between the two sites has to stop but for it to do so both have to stop. One sets off the other and vice versa.

Comment

Many thanks for your contribution.

You will be sorely missed, great having adult debate without it getting personal, which you have never done. Hope you still get around posting up the stats as they are informative and gets everyone thinking

All the best
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

I am saying Sousa should never have been dismissed but in a round about way I'm also saying we are all QPR and we should stop the fighting. I've told Report that the nit picking between the two sites has to stop but for it to do so both have to stop. One sets off the other and vice versa.
                            As ever, SirPie sums it up in one paragraph - perhaps this should become the mantra of BOTH websites and should be it be ignored, there should be something in the infraction code to cover it.

Infant school measures for infant school behaviour might I suggest :eyes_droped:
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hope you keep posting Sirpie... just gave your thoughts, and I happened to share most of them(!)

Don't want to lose too many people with the abilty to post a strong opinion, but not come across as a web-warrior at the same time.
                              You've shown that is possible.

Good luck with the job/uni stuff mate.
                              Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Working...
                              X