things went downhill with leics game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things went downhill with leics game

we were rampant, we thought no team could stop our flowing football..leics never panicked and had a game plan and we could not adapt
    cerny made one poor kick and that was the down fall....
    after that all teams knew how to stop us and we had no "PLAN B"....
    the rot started then....we failed to rally and adapt.

of course confidence got hit, results went against us, fans sensed "something" was up
    ie adels body language and those around him...watford comes to mind and then the "nutgate" did not help, but already rumours were rife that all was not well...qprfc board never acted, surely gp knew something but no one stepped in until too late.

now we have a team of "loan rangers" , here for the £££££ and sod all else, we are facing a relegation fight unless the players respond and show some battle, as palace have done....i can't see them doing it...
    and "they blame the fans" hahahahahahaahahahaha

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
    we were rampant, we thought no team could stop our flowing football..leics never panicked and had a game plan and we could not adapt
    cerny made one poor kick and that was the down fall....
    after that all teams knew how to stop us and we had no "PLAN B"....
    the rot started then....we failed to rally and adapt.

of course confidence got hit, results went against us, fans sensed "something" was up
    ie adels body language and those around him...watford comes to mind and then the "nutgate" did not help, but already rumours were rife that all was not well...qprfc board never acted, surely gp knew something but no one stepped in until too late.

now we have a team of "loan rangers" , here for the £££££ and sod all else, we are facing a relegation fight unless the players respond and show some battle, as palace have done....i can't see them doing it...
    and "they blame the fans" hahahahahahaahahahaha
    Post of the year. Leicester brutally exposed the fact that we were a one dimensional side with no plan B. I think we never collectively realised how disasterous this result really was. Well said Modfather. This IMO was the most important turning point of the year.

Comment

I disagree. Everyone goes on about how good we were during THAT run but ffs we only won 4 or 5 games. Before that we were scraping 1-1's with the mighty Peterboro. Everything might have seemed rosy because we gave a couple of sides a good hiding and we were getting a bit of positive media coverage for our style of football but deep down the problems of last season ala Sousa, Dowie and all were still there. PALADINI is the problem and is the reason why this great takeover is going to end in tears, but not Paladini's tears oh no because he will waltz off into the sunset with his fat wallet and cheesy smile. No it will be us mere supporters, you know the ones that only pay a score per game, it will be us that are crying in our beer because our once mighty football club will be mixing it with the likes of Mansfield and Grays in the conference.

Comment

I think it was more to do with behind the scenes issues than that match alone.

Comment

Palladini probably has to make do with a fixed budget of nothing. I'm not sticking up for him, but I just don't know the whole story like other people seem to.

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
            Palladini probably has to make do with a fixed budget of nothing. I'm not sticking up for him, but I just don't know the whole story like other people seem to.
            Even on a limited budget it should still be the manager who chooses who to sign not Paladini.

And Paladini is responsible for those long overpaid contracts as well.

Comment

On the pitch the turning point of our season came when Buzsaky skys from 10 yards in the 83rd minute against Leciester.

If that hit the back of the net Magiltons reign may have taken another course and our bad run in December may not have happened.

Comment

So what seems to be happening is that new players are not being fully and properly evaluated by experienced professional people.

Comment

So what seems to be happening is that new players are not being fully and properly evaluated by experienced professional people.
                  Don't seem to worry about that as that would also explain why they signed Helgusson knowing he was not medically fit.

Comment

Pete said he was

Comment

Pete said he was
                      That's alright then!.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRMendoza View Post
                        Post of the year. Leicester brutally exposed the fact that we were a one dimensional side with no plan B. I think we never collectively realised how disasterous this result really was. Well said Modfather. This IMO was the most important turning point of the year.

I said that this could be the case after the Derby game. I recall saying November & December would provide a real test of how good QPR were.

Fancy football is all well and good against weaker sides like Preston, Reading and Derby who allowed QPR to play because they too wanted to play attacking football, but I said sides like Leicester, Palace, Coventry, Boro, Watford, WBA, Sheff U etc would not allow QPR the freedom of the pitch.

And for me, Magilton is a poor man's Wenger who has no Plan B to deal with various tactics deployed by other teams. Ipswich played the same attacking football, home and away and were inconsistant throughout his 3 or 4 seasons there.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          I said that this could be the case after the Derby game. I recall saying November & December would provide a real test of how good QPR were.

Fancy football is all well and good against weaker sides like Preston, Reading and Derby who allowed QPR to play because they too wanted to play attacking football, but I said sides like Leicester, Palace, Coventry, Boro, Watford, WBA, Sheff U etc would not allow QPR the freedom of the pitch.

And for me, Magilton is a poor man's Wenger who has no Plan B to deal with various tactics deployed by other teams. Ipswich played the same attacking football, home and away and were inconsistant throughout his 3 or 4 seasons there.
                          Fair points Stan. IMO Magilton was not the way forward (and yes I said this when we appointed him) and I was not that sad to see him go. In saying that I would love to see this manager-go-round stop at some point!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRMendoza View Post
                            Fair points Stan. IMO Magilton was not the way forward (and yes I said this when we appointed him) and I was not that sad to see him go. In saying that I would love to see this manager-go-round stop at some point!
                            You have to admit he has been vastly superior to those who have followed him though.

Comment

Working...
                            X