Why oh why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why oh why

such distaste and negativity towards anything, or one for that matter, that is to do with our beloved club.
    flavio - less than ideal, but demos won't get rid of him, and more importantly won't bring in new owners/investment.
    performances - well below par (in fact we've been sh** for months), certainly for that group of players, but they're all we got and attending games with knives sharpened isn't a good way to walk into Loftus Rd. people often talk of managers losing the dressing room, well i actually think that fans lose it, too.
    we all know the bristol city game was awful, but we did win. whilst people who boo'd at the end of that game will say it was a message to hart, well look at the results since - i don't think it filled the players with the belief & pride that is required to win matches.

the ship is sinking, but it could do without the extra weight being put on it by many of our fans at the moment. the reaction on here from some almost leads me to believe that they'd rather have something to boo about, than a goal and win to cheer tomorrow.
    come on lads, get a grip and let's try to lift what looks like a sorry shower at the moment - they are better than recent results!

urrrs

Very constructive, must have taken you ages to have thought of that.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Can't bring myself to cheer and jump around all positive while the circus is still in town.

Apologies for that but I think I'm not the only one.

It's a shocking time and it I can't see it getting better in the near future.
      Of course I hope that changes.
      The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
      :grimace:

Comment

Originally posted by Golborne View Post
        such distaste and negativity towards anything, or one for that matter, that is to do with our beloved club.
        flavio - less than ideal, but demos won't get rid of him, and more importantly won't bring in new owners/investment.
        performances - well below par (in fact we've been sh** for months), certainly for that group of players, but they're all we got and attending games with knives sharpened isn't a good way to walk into Loftus Rd. people often talk of managers losing the dressing room, well i actually think that fans lose it, too.
        we all know the bristol city game was awful, but we did win. whilst people who boo'd at the end of that game will say it was a message to hart, well look at the results since - i don't think it filled the players with the belief & pride that is required to win matches.

the ship is sinking, but it could do without the extra weight being put on it by many of our fans at the moment. the reaction on here from some almost leads me to believe that they'd rather have something to boo about, than a goal and win to cheer tomorrow.
        come on lads, get a grip and let's try to lift what looks like a sorry shower at the moment - they are better than recent results!

urrrs
        Golborne, best post on here in a long while.

Admin, can we do something about the outright bad language from this other person ?

Comment

We have problems within the club, but as Golborne says the fans getting negative in the ground will do the players no good what so ever. I just looked at our team that destroyed Preston (cerny, Ramage, Stewart, Gorkks, Borrowdale, Buzz, Faurlin, Mahon, Tarabbt, Routledge, Simpson) and all of them have been critized to some degree by posters on this and other boards for not being good enough. They were good enough in October but have suddenly become bad overnight or perhaps we are letting off pitch matters effect the morale of the team. It certainly would not hurt to show some support to the players and perhaps they might respond.
          Last edited by kingo; 08-02-2010, 10:43 PM.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

if thats the best you can come up with then you should ----!! i think the players could do with a lift because the muppets in charge are not giving it to them..so maybe a decent buzz around the place will. hard to pay top dollar and have to look at recent preformancies but if the team don't raise it soon then we are in the sith!!
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Golborne View Post

urrrs

Top post!!.....I think the "average" QPR fan nowadays seems to relish the bad times.....coz that gives them something to whinge about!

Comment

On Saturday 2000+ fans (including myself) turned up spending a fortune to watch, in temperatures that would freeze the balls off a brass monkey, a team of pathetic individuals put on the worst football display many a qpr fan had seen. There was no effort, no ideas, no skill there was nothing. Tuesday night will be no different!

Comment

Originally posted by WE ARE QPR! View Post
                  On Saturday 2000+ fans (including myself) turned up spending a fortune to watch, in temperatures that would freeze the balls off a brass monkey, a team of pathetic individuals put on the worst football display many a qpr fan had seen. There was no effort, no ideas, no skill there was nothing. Tuesday night will be no different!

Agreed. Also, us fans that were there gave good support to the players on the pitch - but to no avail. These players don't seem either willing or able to raise their game despite getting great support from us fans that actually go to the matches. By and large the players are an absolute disgrace to our club. They aren't putting in the required effort and don't seem to give a toss.

Comment

I was one of 2000+ there on saturday and I admit the players where poor to say the least.But the support wasn't that great.There was still booing and jeering of players and singing Furlong and Gallens names don't really help.Why go to Peterborough on a cold freezing day and not get behind the players.

Comment

Originally posted by hemelhoop View Post
                      I was one of 2000+ there on saturday and I admit the players where poor to say the least.But the support wasn't that great.There was still booing and jeering of players and singing Furlong and Gallens names don't really help.Why go to Peterborough on a cold freezing day and not get behind the players.
                      Fair play to you all, you are something QPR fans can be proud of!
                      The future's bright...the future is blue and white.
                      :grimace:

Comment

As far as I could make out, the fans were groaning at poor passes etc. Most fans are dumbstruck and beyond the point of anger in my opinion. On Saturday, I didn't hear any slating of the players that would've discouraged them or contributed to their poor performance. Yes a section of the crowd did sing the names of a few ex players but i can't see how that would have been detrimental to the team on the pitch.

I thought the fact that many fans stayed and clapped the team at the end spoke volumes about how the fans were behind them despite the team not having one shot on goal in ninety minutes. Just because the fans weren't raucous doesn't mean that the support was poor. I think the players got off lightly with the Rangers crowd against Peterboro. The fans won't be as forgiving at the Ipswich match if the players turn in similar dire performances.

Comment

It's a 2 way thing. I was there on Saturday and it is very hard to get motivated when you are seeing such a poor performance against the team at the bottom of the league.

QPR wouldn't even beat my Sunday team at the moment. And to hear that Harford felt we played well is laughable.
                          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

You know what it means by singing the name of old players.Its like having a keeper in goal and shouting Lee Camps name out. And at one stage I heard Blackstocks name being chanted,what good is that to the players playing at the moment.The only player that got any backing on saturday was Cookie. And when Bent had a shot that went well wide there was p*ss take shouts of sign him up.

Comment

You know what it means by singing the name of old players.Its like having a keeper in goal and shouting Lee Camps name out. And at one stage I heard Blackstocks name being chanted,what good is that to the players playing at the moment.The only player that got any backing on saturday was Cookie. And when Bent had a shot that went well wide there was p*ss take shouts of sign him up.

Bent got off lightly. As did Priskin. They are a disgrace and should not be started tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                              X