Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we a team just full of loanees???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
    I cannot think of much done on permanant signings this transfer window in the championship apart from Newcastle, correct me if I'm wrong
    I cant think of many teams in the championship owned by billionaires who have been promised premiership football and are already paying premiership prices who need to strengthen as much as we do.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

sure if we had stayed 4th more would have been spent.

We are mid-table, I wouldn't risk further debt (that would be a big big gamble!!) and increase the wage bill, now would you?
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We are mid-table, I wouldn't risk further debt and increase the wage bill, now would you?
        If i wanted promotion and had their money, then yes.

whose fault is it we're not 4th? the same people who can fix it. selling one of our best players, loaning our strikers to our rivals and filling up our team with loans wont fix it.

Comment

We are mid-table, I wouldn't risk further debt (that would be a big big gamble!!) and increase the wage bill, now would you?

that old chestnut, i'm sure if we were 5th or 6th we'd get the same except the excuse would be well they're good enough to be top 6 so why spend any more etc. etc. You don't need to defend them Pete

Comment

I think the reason behind us being a team of loanees has something to do with us having so many loan signings.
            Is that the answer you were after?
            Queens Park Rangers
            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              According to the BBC, the bulk of transfers across all clubs in January have been loans or free transfers.
              BBC Sport's Simon Austin: "I've just been to interview a sports consultant at Deloitte. They estimate only £21m has been spent in the January transfer window so far, compared to £170m last year and £150m in January 2008. There haven't been any £10m signings this year and only one for £5m, which Spurs paid Portsmouth for Younes Kaboul. There were seven £10m signings last January - three were made by Manchester City (Nigel de Jong, Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bridge), three by Spurs (Wilson Palacios, Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane) and one by Arsenal (Andrey Arshavin).

Comment

no accountability...

we have not imo developed our yth enough to be ready to step in and cope...

"QUEEN'S PARK LOAN RANGERS".....

it's like supporting half a team.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                  I cant think of many teams in the championship owned by billionaires who have been promised premiership football and are already paying premiership prices who need to strengthen as much as we do.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
                  While our prices are among the highest in the Championship, we are nowhere near average Premierships levels.

Crystal Palace average price is higher than ours, £35 for the main stand as an example and Tottenham want £75 for their West Upper.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

While our prices are among the highest in the Championship, we are nowhere near average Premierships levels.

Crystal Palace average price is higher than ours, £35 for the main stand as an example and Tottenham want £75 for their West Upper.
                    That price at Spurs applies only to 621 seats and only then for 5 games in a season. Certainly NOT an average.

Palace's average isn't higher either. Quick look confirms that.

In fact (I do love that word) we are the 7th highest priced ground (by average ticket price) in UK football. More than Man City and their multi trazillionaire owners.
                    Last edited by Nodge70; 01-02-2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      That price at Spurs applies only to 621 seats and only then for 5 games in a season. Certainly NOT an average.

Palace's average isn't higher either. Quick look confirms that.

In fact (I do love that word) we are the 7th highest priced ground (by average ticket price) in UK football.
                      your source?

Comment

Me, myself and my job in professional sport and swathe of contacts. And prior to that at a national broadsheet.

Comment

end of the day we've got 2 new players in.

Lets get behind them FFS.

They are going to need a couple of games, before the usual suspects write them off.

if we had been given a 10 million pound budget, then it would have been spent./ Reality is, it wasn't
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

But where does 7th highest price in UK football come from?, you can't have that even in your head.

Comment

But where does 7th highest price in UK football come from?, you can't have that even in your head.
                              Why on earth wouldn't I have that in my head? It's a pretty stark stat for a mid table Championship club who take in loans of Wolves 4th choice players.

Something that we worked out using an abacus when the ST prices where announced.

Comment

You just made that up, 7th. Where does the info come from?

Comment

Working...
                                X