Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This seems to be what it comes down to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems to be what it comes down to...

Possible relegation in administration and skint but run like a football club or Mid table obscurity with average loaned team with money but run like a circus.

Gentlemen the choice is yours......
    Skint, Administration, Relegation and 'Stability'
    61.11%
    Rich, More loans, Mid table obscurity but circus continues
    38.89%
    :drunk:

ill take richest club in the world playing in champs league withing 5 yrs
    "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

U need a 4 year plan for that to happen......
      :drunk:

Comment

I'd add a 3rd Option ...Flav to see sense, get rid of GP and install a decent manager.

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
          U need a 4 year plan for that to happen......
          i thought we did
          "birch said he rated u btw luke, congrats"

Comment

I'll take the wealth option.

Comment

Take the medicine now, so we can build for the future

Comment

not sure , skint, relegation and administration actually equals stability, invert commas or not? ask luton, i would suggest that only southampton have made administration work in their favour!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  not sure , skint, relegation and administration actually equals stability, invert commas or not? ask luton, i would suggest that only southampton have made administration work in their favour!
                  All this "We'll end up like Luton" talk. (not from you, but they've been mentioned as the nightmare scenario for us going into admin)

They were not like Southampton, Palace or Leeds... Luton were done 30 points for massive "financial irregularities". Not just the one-off 10 points deduction for admin.
                  A totally different set of caravan tyres, Luton.

Southampton are the better example.
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post
                    All this "We'll end up like Luton" talk. (not from you, but they've been mentioned as the nightmare scenario for us going into admin)

They were not like Southampton, Palace or Leeds... [U]Luton were done 30 points for massive "financial irregularities"[/U]. Not just the one-off 10 points deduction for admin.

Umm.......

Don't speak too soon

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                      Umm.......

Don't speak too soon

Yeah, I am only assuming that we've not been that nawty. :waaaht:

Comment

Originally posted by Goddard View Post

They were not like Southampton, Palace or Leeds... Luton were done 30 points for massive "financial irregularities". Not just the one-off 10 points deduction for admin.

Southampton had a new ground a 20,000+ plus fan base already in existence, a wealthy benefactor waiting in the wings , a decent manager ( who was scorned upon by many on here when mentioned as a possible for us). the are a single team in a town with a massive catchment area..All these things we do not have.. i think luton is a closer comparison to our future should we go down that route. Small ground small fan base looking to supporters consortiums (bill power etc) to save our bacon!

Comment

Southampton had a new ground a 20,000+ plus fan base already in existence, a wealthy benefactor waiting in the wings , a decent manager ( who was scorned upon by many on here when mentioned as a possible for us). the are a single team in a town with a massive catchment area..All these things we do not have.. i think luton is a closer comparison to our future should we go down that route. Small ground small fan base looking to supporters consortiums (bill power etc) to save our bacon!
                          We all have nightmare visions, but Luton is not mine. It's scaremongering and needless panic to think we'd end up like them.
                          Mind you, we do currently have the manager that they sacked this season.

Luton are an exceptional case, massively punished for reasons that are not even relevant to our situation... or anyone elses.

Ok, a better example than Southampton would be.... QPR. In 2001.

Comment

Southampton's fan base was tiny prior to the move to St Mary's and has narrowed to almost pre St Mary's levels during their decline with huge swathes of the ground being closed on matchdays. The wealthy benefactor was only interested ONCE they were in administration. Pardew only came on board AFTER they exited admin and knew he had a pot of cash to play with.

Luton is NOT a relevant example at all. You can draw almost identical correlations between ourselves and Palace in terms of stadium, team performance, dodgy chairmen, attendances and financial meltdowns over the past 50 years.

Comment

southamptons average attendences in the last 5 seasons have been, 20,423, 17849, 21,253, 23, 556, and 23, 613. when they were in the premier league they we up in the late 20's early 30's if that is tiny what does that make ours!

my point about luton is not that we will plummet into the conference but i think there maybe a certain rose tintedness about the administration bit, we were (if rumours true) , very close to going completely belly up last time. they punched above their weight for many years and were a small community club (which is what most seem to want!) then , dodgy finances aside (which again have been hinted at!)they have struggled to stay afloat through local businessmen and celebrity fans!

Palace is probably the better comparison you are right.

for hte record i too belive the administration talk is scaremongering.

Comment

Working...
                              X