A Bit of Fight at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bit of Fight at last

Very disappointing of course that we lost but at least there was a bit of fight from most of the team especially in the second half which was encouraging but again we never really looked like scoring and this seriously needs to be addressed

Cook looked back to his best when he came on and seemed to inspire the team but unfortunately Buzz and Vine were woeful again.

Good post. Agree 100%. I went away a lot happier than I did in other recent games because we deserved to win and we fought.

Comment

we lost to scunthorpe at home!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eghamhoop View Post
        you beat me to it! lol

Comment

Originally posted by eghamhoop View Post
          From acorns etc

Comment

thought we were still **** tbh..... same problems on the pitch that have been there for over a year...shocking really

Comment

Simpson has not had much time to play with Cook (or Ephraim) -- give them a chance to get to know each other in full training and Simpson will have a better idea of where Cook places his crosses -- what was missing yesterday was understanding between players who don't know each other well enough yet.

And get another striker or two in -- if anyone ever wants to sign for us again.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Why do we always seem to wait until we are a goal down to show a bit of passion! it was the same yesterday as the sheff utd game we didn't have any intensity to our game until we go a goal down!

the first half was like a training session with square balls across the back four and quashie passing back to the centre backs everytime he got the ball

Comment

because we deserved to win
                  WHY? didn't have a shot in 90 minutes at home to scunthorpe!!
                  http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Not true at all... see the stats. We hada a few shots, a goal disallowed offside... I agree we weren't potent, but we played decent foot ball and I felt dominated large parts of the game. I think Scunny would admit that on play alone they didn't really deserve a win.

I'm not saying I am happy, just felt happy at least that we played better in general andshowed some fight.

Comment

we may have dominated but if we can't kill scunny off we have problems.

Comment

Totally agree, we all know that, but at least we didn't lay down like we have done recently...

Comment

problem is we are relying on people to score goals who are not goalscorers

Simpson cant do it on his own all the time

Buszaky is a disaster at the moment

Taraabt finishing is generally woeful which is why there was some disbeleif and concern when certain people on here insisted he would score the goals we needed

There was a little bit if spirit from a few yesterday, noticably Faurlin and Quashie although quashie watched the game pass him by for most of the second half but came on strong again towards the end but from the others apart from simpson and maybe conolly and gorkss not much

The team got battered midweek and apparently slaughtered by the manager and the4n had clear the air talks, they way they played generally did not seem to suggest much of a reaction from this.

Ill tell you the stat that concerns me most from this game, we did not have one player booked and barely a player talked to by the ref! we hardly went down kicking and screaming did we, can you imagine such a stat in the days or Bircham, Furlong, Ainsworth
                          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

If we had a proper striker someone with the brain to follow other peoples shots in we would have been 3-0 up yesterday how many times did the ball run across the the 6 yard box only for our players to be nowhere near it!

Comment

Working...
                            X