We're skint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
    If we're so skint we shouldn't have spent so much farking money on the C-Club, Chandeliers etc etc then!
    That was for their comfort,if they were going to keep the club afloat,they did not want to visit a run down **** hole did they?

Comment

" The club is poor, it's the owners who are rich."... This has been said so many times it's getting very tedious. Most clubs ARE poor , it's the owners along with sponsors that fund the club. It always has been this way. West Ham are £100m in debt but that has not stopped the new owners from buying players, and they don't have the funds that our owners do.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
        Rich owners - poor club.

Lets face it.

Not a negative post but a realistic one. We've offloaded two players to balance the books and if we're lucky we'll get in a couple of cheapy loans.

I think a lot of people need to realise/wake up to what/who we are...despite our owners we're financially in no better position than we were a few years ago and we should get used to it.

Roll on tomorrow though, lets hope our players make up for the other night.
        another one where the penny has dropped eventually, but as they say, better late then never

answer me this then.......

are Man City & Chelsea "rich" or is it that their owners don't mind dipping into their "BILLIONS"
        :devil:

Comment

Pk - Roman and the milk shake are just bored, so they brought a football club and chuck money at them(although RA has only just sorted out the debt?)

It's why i could never understand why Flavio took over our club.With our fan base...we were never going to make money.So really you need some guy to come in ..love the club..chuck millions at it and sit back and enjoy.

WBA had the best idea.

Get promoted - get relegated and use money to wipe out debt.Pay their players premiership wages if they were in premiership but if relegated, there was a clause to say they would be paid championship wages.

Plus - they didn't spend millions or in fact jack sh.t when promoted as they knew the financial windfalls when they got relegated.

Im pretty sure my baggie mate told me if they go up this year, they are looking forward to coming back down and getting the paraglider money.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
            Pk - Roman and the milk shake are just bored, so they brought a football club and chuck money at them(although RA has only just sorted out the debt?)

It's why i could never understand why Flavio took over our club.With our fan base...we were never going to make money.So really you need some guy to come in ..love the club..chuck millions at it and sit back and enjoy.

WBA had the best idea.

Get promoted - get relegated and use money to wipe out debt.Pay their players premiership wages if they were in premiership but if relegated, there was a clause to say they would be paid championship wages.

Plus - they didn't spend millions or in fact jack sh.t when promoted as they knew the financial windfalls when they got relegated.

Im pretty sure my baggie mate told me if they go up this year, they are looking forward to coming back down and getting the paraglider money.
            see where you coming from Spencer, but when you have 1 of the richest men in the world on the board & owning 20% of the club Bl00d y 20 million would be like a p155 in the ocean for him that would get us promoted so his shares in the club (20%) would go through the roof + we could afford to pay his £20M back if he wanted it

everything about the club smells fishy if you ask me, and i think there's a lot more to come :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
              see where you coming from Spencer, but when you have 1 of the richest men in the world on the board & owning 20% of the club Bl00d y 20 million would be like a p155 in the ocean for him that would get us promoted so his shares in the club (20%) would go through the roof + we could afford to pay his £20M back if he wanted it

everything about the club smells fishy if you ask me, and i think there's a lot more to come :devil:
              PK - thats what i don't understand !!:confused:

Comment

I would love to know if it is true that he wants to play a bigger part in all things QPR FC, but Flavio does not want him too ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                  I would love to know if it is true that he wants to play a bigger part in all things QPR FC, but Flavio does not want him too ?
                  think that's all BS because if he wanted it he could buy it with his loose change

i've this horrible feeling there's a hidden agenda :devil::devil::devil:

Comment

I don't really know what is going on,

but for me, Mittal has the funds to buy out FB or he can just donate £20M for players. as said, if he did, QPR would go up and so would the value of his shares, so he would probably make a profit if someone wanted to buy his shares.

I don't buy into this QPR have no fans mantra.

How many bought tickets to go to watch QPR in the FA & Milk Cup or play-off finals.

QPR often attracted 25,000+ crowds in the early & mid 70s, when football attendances in general were much lower than today.

A good Prem League team, in a bigger and better stadium will attract twice the average gate of today.

Look at how many etra fans clubs like Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke, Hull, Reading Southampton etc have since building new stadiums or establishing themselves as PL clubs.

And Chelsea, before they started winning trophies in the mid-late 90s, were averaging about 40% less fans than they get now.

Investment in the club (team & stadium) will attract more fans.

One of the main differences between the owners or Man City and Chelsea and those at QPR is that they were and are football fans.

Briatore thought QPR was a restaurant, Ecclestone had no real interest in QPR and Mittal could have bought QPR years ago if he or Bhatia were really football fans.

Perhaps they do have an agenda to take control of the land the stadium is buil on and they have tried to cover their backs by spending a bit here and there on the team & refurbishing the stadium etc to make it look like they gave owning QPR FC a real go, before the cost of football proved to be too much of a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      I don't really know what is going on,

but for me, Mittal has the funds to buy out FB or he can just donate £20M for players. as said, if he did, QPR would go up and so would the value of his shares, so he would probably make a profit if someone wanted to buy his shares.

I don't buy into this QPR have no fans mantra.

How many bought tickets to go to watch QPR in the FA & Milk Cup or play-off finals.

QPR often attracted 25,000+ crowds in the early & mid 70s, when football attendances in general were much lower than today.

A good Prem League team, in a bigger and better stadium will attract twice the average gate of today.

Look at how many etra fans clubs like Bolton, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke, Hull, Reading Southampton etc have since building new stadiums or establishing themselves as PL clubs.

And Chelsea, before they started winning trophies in the mid-late 90s, were averaging about 40% less fans than they get now.
                      Investment in the club (team & stadium) will attract more fans.

One of the main differences between the owners or Man City and Chelsea and those at QPR is that they were and are football fans.

Briatore thought QPR was a restaurant, Ecclestone had no real interest in QPR and Mittal could have bought QPR years ago if he or Bhatia were really football fans.

Perhaps they do have an agenda to take control of the land the stadium is buil on and they have tried to cover their backs by spending a bit here and there on the team & refurbishing the stadium etc to make it look like they gave owning QPR FC a real go, before the cost of football proved to be too much of a waste of money.
                      And if Chelsea were relegated this season() They would dissapear as quickly as they appeared...

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                        And if Chelsea were relegated this season() They would dissapear as quickly as they appeared...
                        And if the sky falls in, were all doomed. So what is your point exactly?

I don't care if those following a successful QPR are glory hunters or not. they would still be paying their money to attend games and finance the club.

So what if Hooray Henry, Harry, Charles and Harriet start supporting QPR because the club is rich and successful?

We all have to start supporting the club from some point. Me, I was attracted to the club, by some good players at the time, Bowles, Francis, Givens and McLintock leaving Arsenal to join QPR.

Comment

Working...
                        X