X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're skint

Rich owners - poor club.

Lets face it.

Not a negative post but a realistic one. We've offloaded two players to balance the books and if we're lucky we'll get in a couple of cheapy loans.

I think a lot of people need to realise/wake up to what/who we are...despite our owners we're financially in no better position than we were a few years ago and we should get used to it.

Roll on tomorrow though, lets hope our players make up for the other night.

Spin!

Comment

lol..nope...a reality check

Comment

we always were

ldc said as much..we were excited and singing silly songs and he said to press.."the owners are rich the club is not, i get what they give me".....

Comment

Not my work but this is where we are at

"Of the 37 players I have allocated against the first team, 11 are youth team players including players such as Antonio German.

Of the other 27, 4 are on loan from other clubs, 3 are loaned out to end of season. That leaves 19 players.

Of these 19,
          5 have contracts expiring at end of this season (includes Cerny, Mahon, Rowlands, Quashie & Ainsworth)
          5 have contracts expiring at end of 10-11 season
          9 have contracts expiring at end of 11-12 season – love you `long term'

In fact, of the 3 players we have loaned out, one has contact until June 2011, the other two 2012!!

The `long term' list includes players such as Pellicori, Crock, Balanta, Alberti, Hall and Dave.
          "

Comment

I think you are right.

I have often said, that although the owners are rich, QPR is not. It is not as if they are huge football fans either. What made any of us actually think they would go out and splash millions of £££s to build a promotion winning team and a new stadium?

Oh yes, I remember, Briatore saying to us they will take care of the debts, build fondations and take QPR up to challenge for the CL as part of a 4 year plan.

Lies,. lies & lies, just like policticians.

Comment

Scott, I have been saying that for months and have been portrayed as negative, glass half empty etc, etc, so its nice to see you have wiped your eyes and realise what is happening in the real world.

Comment

We are considerably worse off than where we were a few years ago - wait for the accounts..
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

If we're so skint we shouldn't have spent so much farking money on the C-Club, Chandeliers etc etc then!

Comment

And whose fabulous idea was it to give the Pelican and Alberti those long term contracts.

With Dave you could maybe just possibly excuse it as we were desperate at the time, it was mid season and we needed a striker, any striker.

Hall just didn't work out for us, it happens...

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
                      If we're so skint we shouldn't have spent so much farking money on the C-Club, Chandeliers etc etc then!
                      Exactly...15 million was it not ?

Comment

Yeah OK-so it's value beans and pot noodles in W12/C Club tomorrow is it?

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post

exactly.

I was happy for Flavio to build that little play thing as I thought money would be invested on the pitch.

Comment

Fair enough but thats not the reason fans are annoyed, look at the quote flav made in my sig Briatore insisted: "Within four years we will challenge Milan in Europe. Our programme is to reach the Premier League within three years....................false expectations
                            Now, Then, Forever
                            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by qprjames View Post
                              Fair enough but thats not the reason fans are annoyed, look at the quote flav made in my sig Briatore insisted: "Within four years we will challenge Milan in Europe. Our programme is to reach the Premier League within three years....................false expectations

shut up you twenty quider

Comment

Working...
                              X