Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was the Best Manager We Had Under Flavio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Pete, the one issue I havent seen raised is the job Sousa is doing now at Swansea. A very good job in my opinion. Bit like proof is in the pudding! They have become a very hard team to beat. Like at QPR, he is building from the back. Thats the foundation. I will agree with you it's not pretty but speaking from our position now I wonder where we would be if he had stayed.

I know it's easy to say now but you must admit your derision with Paulo was premature at best. I believe your poll to be a true representation of what most QPR fans think.

Comment

The thing is what happened with Sousa was a disgrace and made us an untouchable not to mention if Helgusson or blackstock had converted half the sitters they missed the results record would have been far better. I certainly could not imagine a Sousa side having 5 put past them as we have had twice this season

Comment

Well the Swansea fans seem happy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          I think most vote for Sousa for a reason and not down to win/ratio and style of football to be honest.

I love when they say he was building a foundation. It was there for him already.
          And if ever anyone ever needed proof of blinkers there it is in one sweeping sentence..
          "Originally Posted by qblockpete
          QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
          Swansea will finish in bottom 6
          Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Originally posted by writtler View Post
            And if ever anyone ever needed proof of blinkers there it is in one sweeping sentence..
            Writtler,that was three sentences mate:waaaht:

(sorry,dotorg style post)

Comment

Gregory.

Comment

Originally posted by rblockells View Post
                Writtler,that was three sentences mate:waaaht:

(sorry,dotorg style post)
                lol - actually I was referring to the 2nd sentence.. meant to delete the first one!
                "Originally Posted by qblockpete
                QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
                Swansea will finish in bottom 6
                Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

Going to buck a trend here and say hindsight is a wonderful thing. Thought the football played under Sousa was dire. Didn't encourage me to want to go but had to through sufferance.

Much preferred Magilton. Best football at Loftus Road for ages, albeit briefly. Would go till the end of this season if he was still in charge, wouldn't if it was Sousa. Would rather style over results IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    I have gone for Magilton, who was let down by his players.

Football is a form of entertainment and I am shocked by the sousa vote.

I do think it is to spite Pete but Norwich at home last season nearly put me off football for life. If I wanted that kind of excitement I would decorate my room and watch the paint dry!

I know the football under Sousa was dull, but perhaps with the players Magilton had, QPR might have played better and scored more goals.

However, you chose Magilton, presumably because the football was more entertaining. However, how many games did QPR win under Magilton? I recall 7. Not a lot really, and QPR won 1 out of his last 7 games. Not forgetting that he was a bully and lacked man management skills.

I would go for De Canio or Dowie. De Canio had a lot of poor players at his disposal in his first 2 months.

Dowie did not deserve the sack. He won more games than he lost and had the players organised and able to defend as well as etting them fit. It is my view that had Briatore not sacked him, QPR would now be playing Prem League football or at least, made last season's play-offs.

Still this is about opinions.

Comment

You are right its all about opinions
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Sousa!

Comment

Was John Gregory employed by the club during the current owners reign?

He was sacked on 1/10/2007, when exactly did the new board take over?

Gregory had a poor record as our manager, but and an important but, never had the funding the others had.

If he'd been given time & the money, I wonder if we'd be in better shape today.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I think most vote for Sousa for a reason and not down to win/ratio and style of football to be honest.

I love when they say he was building a foundation. It was there for him already.
                            Indeed, but unlike all the other managers he managed to get it working.

It's not all about wins you know, not losing has a lot to do with it too.
                            A message to the other Premier League clubs when they visit Loftus Road.....

"NUESTRA GLORIA, VUESTRO INFIERNO"

(If you don't understand it, then learn Spanish. It is the language of world football.....)

Comment

Did we have one? Only time will tell.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

thats really the issue isn't it?? Instead of looking at how he actually done the perceived relationship between sousa and Gp, overides the actual events for some.

3 more words

Charlton, Norwich, Southampton

all got relegated

Under Sousa we could not beat any of them.
                                in my opinion the relationship between ps and gp was the "actual event".ps wanted to manage his way.gp felt he was been marginalised and in fear of his position at the club.so then began his campaign of whiteanting* ps.a very black act,and to say to fans that ps is a tnuc,well what does that say about the guy?.

* whiteanting. here in the big brown land we've a rational fear of termites.they can eat your house from the inside out.in my opinion gp has shown all the attributes.

Comment

Working...
                                X