A different perspective on all this negativity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different perspective on all this negativity

Ok, I was one of the 693 that went up there last night.

I have many of the comments on here in recent weeks about players not being bothered etc, and although i felt those comments applied to Routledge (a guy that has a lot of pace and tends to look lazy but tended to not be bothered) I genuinely can't say that I felt that way about any of the players last night.

Taking Ramage as an example. The guy tried but he was just not good enough. Simple as.

Akos, is another example. The guy has not been the same since he got injured. Maybe he is no longer capable of producing the performances of old.

We have a large number of players in our team that need to be told what to do, or someone to take control of the game. Someone like Rowlands/Mahon does that and it is no surprise that our performances have gone downhill since both of these players have been injured.

Forget talk of fullbacks etc (whilst I admit ours are poor). These guys are capable of looking a lot lot better when there is a leader on the pitch and there lies the route of our problem (although we do need a couple of strikers also). The basis of this team is the same as the one that was kicking arses a few months back.

The team has not become crap overnight but with Rowands out they need someone in centre mid alongside Quashie (who i think will have a lot to offer) that can get stuck in and boss people around.

All the sithe off the pitch has had a huge influence on the players. No-one knows who's coming or going.
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

No it hasn't become crap overnight Conners - it became good overnight for a few games and has reverted back to what it is - a decidely average, badly assembled, unbalanced squad and the person who assembled it should be relieved of his duties forthwith...
      "Originally Posted by qblockpete
      QPR will finish at least in the Play offs
      Swansea will finish in bottom 6
      Middlesboro will finish champions"

Comment

so we are crap because we have no leader on the pitch? 1 win in 12 because we have no leader? dont add up....

Comment

Christ Conners, where do you get your optimism from?

Can't you just give it a rest and bitch with the rest of us?!!!!

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Christ Conners, where do you get your optimism from?

Can't you just give it a rest and bitch with the rest of us?!!!!

lol
            because he doesn't blindly follow the opinions of others and sticks to his own beliefs and that has to be admired. Sorry if that bucks the trend of knocking Mr.Conners but thats how it is

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
              because he doesn't blindly follow the opinions of others and sticks to his own beliefs and that has to be admired. Sorry if that bucks the trend of knocking Mr.Conners but thats how it is
              Or he could have a vested interest or even be a club employee. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                He may be an alien. You have been warned.

Comment

Conners both you and me hold the same beliefs and you aren't far wrong there either !

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    He writes his comments as if he is an insider and he comes across as someone who thinks that as we pay £20 (much more actually), our opinions are not valid, but his are.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      He may be an alien. You have been warned.
                      Now you mention it - there's an uncanny resemblance between a club employee and ALF. Co-incidence?

Comment

I agree about the lack of leaders, it is blatantly obvious. They are the people who pull a team together in difficult times, and keep things in shape when playing well. We need at least one leader in defence, and same in midfield. Who are they? The keeper also needs to be very vocal, like a wicketkeeper in cricket. Chirping away, chivvying up the players in front.

The spine of our team is very weak in genuine leaders, and until we address this our bad run of form is unlikely to improve, in my opinion. I htink Quashie will help, but he is 'new' so we need to give him a bit of time.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                          Ok, I was one of the 693 that went up there last night.

I have many of the comments on here in recent weeks about players not being bothered etc, and although i felt those comments applied to Routledge (a guy that has a lot of pace and tends to look lazy but tended to not be bothered) I genuinely can't say that I felt that way about any of the players last night.

Taking Ramage as an example. The guy tried but he was just not good enough. Simple as.

Akos, is another example. The guy has not been the same since he got injured. Maybe he is no longer capable of producing the performances of old.

We have a large number of players in our team that need to be told what to do, or someone to take control of the game. Someone like Rowlands/Mahon does that and it is no surprise that our performances have gone downhill since both of these players have been injured.

Forget talk of fullbacks etc (whilst I admit ours are poor). These guys are capable of looking a lot lot better when there is a leader on the pitch and there lies the route of our problem (although we do need a couple of strikers also). The basis of this team is the same as the one that was kicking arses a few months back.

The team has not become crap overnight but with Rowands out they need someone in centre mid alongside Quashie (who i think will have a lot to offer) that can get stuck in and boss people around.
                          Ok - i'm not a Conners loverI do think sometimes he talks down to fans, but saying that...he went to Forest and to be fair - i agree with a lot of this post.

Before Mahon was playing - he was knocked by loads, when he played in our "mini run" - we looked a good team.Ramage assessment looks spot on - he does try his hardest - but simply is not good enough.We do need full backs and a few strikers.And yes you do need leaders on the pitch....before the Forest game when i saw the team sheet i thought the team looked string and well balanced.Players like Faurlin Simpson Connolly etc do need leaders on the pitch - especially with what has been going on off the pitch.

So - despite not really liking some of Conners comments in past - judging on just the post he has made...makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                            Ok - i'm not a Conners loverI do think sometimes he talks down to fans, but saying that...he went to Forest and to be fair - i agree with a lot of this post.

Before Mahon was playing - he was knocked by loads, when he played in our "mini run" - we looked a good team.Ramage assessment looks spot on - he does try his hardest - but simply is not good enough.We do need full backs and a few strikers.And yes you do need leaders on the pitch....before the Forest game when i saw the team sheet i thought the team looked string and well balanced.Players like Faurlin Simpson Connolly etc do need leaders on the pitch - especially with what has been going on off the pitch.

So - despite not really liking some of Conners comments in past - judging on just the post he has made...makes sense to me.
                            I saw the team and it looked like square pegs in round holes to me and we had no natural width
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangersw12 View Post
                              I saw the team and it looked like square pegs in round holes to me and we had no natural width
                              Rangersw12 - i did say the team longked quite string....

Buz and Adel are not natural wingers and do drift in....Faurlin, did he play wide, as that's not his natural postion - so yes - get your point with Wayne departed - team does appear rather narrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X