The positives from last night Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
    Stewart didn't play right back, Connolly started there and played there the whole of the 1st half. When Damage came on he went to right back, Stewart was subbed and Connolly switched to Centre back.
    Positives? Erm...NONE!
    Why have we signed a 3rd/4th choice Wolves keeper who just wants to bang it 60 yards up the field everytime, even when he's got time and the full backs are free for a simple outlet pass? Great tactics? Yeah hoof it long to our huge target man? Simpson? Who is about '5 6' and is up front on his own! What a load of old tosh! Who the hell is coaching these so called professionals?
    We were awfull last night. I watched from one of the ****** Forest supporting stands (Forest mate of mine got tickets, and got me one for their end!) and everytime the goals went in I was the only 1 with my head in my hands sitting down. I was nearly in tears after the 3rd taking such a ribbing from my mate, it really hurts to watch us play so poorly with such a lack of heart, desire and effort.
    I left my seat to get a beer on about 35 mins (was that just after the 3rd went in, the penalty?) I couldn't stand it anymore, totally embarrassing. I think we had 1 shot on goal the whole of the 1st half, from Taarabt I think it was, but that was straight at Camp. We did improve slightly in the second half, and Camp did make a couple of decent saves, but you could tell Forest had taken their foot off the pedal somewhat. The chants of '1/2 more goal/s and we're top of the league' were so painfull when we were 4 and 5 down.
    Overall thoughts from last night :
    Ikeme is toilet, doesn't want to play ball on the deck, and did he actually make any saves?
    Connolly and Gorkks must, repeat MUST play as central defenders, Connolly is not a right back and is wasted there, unless we sign a real nasty b*stard of a centre half, someone like Big Dan?
    Stewart is simply not good enough, as is Damage.
    Hill Didn't look up to scratch to me, but don't want to be too harsh on him for a first game, but when he had time on the ball at one point, then got closed down by a Forest player, he just panicked and kicked the ball out of play!
    Buzsacky. What has happened to the 'white Pele'? He is completely off his game at the moment, very worrying.
    Faurlin is not a wide left midfielder, why play him there? He is the best passer of the ball in the team he must play in central midfield, he is wasted out wide.
    Legs and Quashie in central midfield just did not work, and I have to say, Legs was awfull. He kept giving possession away time and time again. He cannot play midfield, get him in at right back. I'm sorry but he must be stripped of the captaincy too, he did not show any leadership out on that pitch last night at all. His head kept dropping, etc. That is something you don't expect from your skipper. He is there to encourage, inspire and get the best out of the other players on the park. What must the other players think when they see the captains head drop when 4 or 5 down? Your captain you would think would also be the first name on the team sheet, is Legs that? Absolutely not. You can't have your club captain dropped on the bench, but that is where he is heading.
    Taarabt, showed some good touches, and work rate, but you can tell he is getting very p*ssed off with what is happening out there at the moment. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him head back to Spurs soon.
    And finally Simpson. Good little player, but felt sorry for the lad last night, just had no support when going forward. And when our keeper was smashing the ball long all night to him to try and win a header against that man mountain Morgan, well it just wasn't going to happen.
    Ephraim did ok when he came on, showed some bright touches, but again can't comment too much cos we offered little going forward.
    Vine also, but seemed non existant.
    So there it is. In a nutshell dire.
    We need a new keeper, definitely a good attacking footballing right back, a nasty horrible take no prisoners centre half, and 2 decent proven centre forwards who can score goals.
    Forget the play offs, we need to concentrate on avoiding relegation!
    Thanks for the report. I really want Harford to be a success but it does worry me that he played Quashie and Legs in the middle and pushed Faurlin out wide. I had hoped that Quashie had bee bought in to help Faurlin. The problem with Simpson's height has been here all season but if he was 6 inches taller he would not be here. We desperately need to start a relegation type fight now and if run comes out of it then that will be a bonus. We have got to turn this negativity on and off the field around because if we don't we could easily end up in Div 1 or even worse.
    RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
      Stewart didn't play right back, Connolly started there and played there the whole of the 1st half. When Damage came on he went to right back, Stewart was subbed and Connolly switched to Centre back.
      Positives? Erm...NONE!
      Why have we signed a 3rd/4th choice Wolves keeper who just wants to bang it 60 yards up the field everytime, even when he's got time and the full backs are free for a simple outlet pass? Great tactics? Yeah hoof it long to our huge target man? Simpson? Who is about '5 6' and is up front on his own! What a load of old tosh! Who the hell is coaching these so called professionals?
      We were awfull last night. I watched from one of the ****** Forest supporting stands (Forest mate of mine got tickets, and got me one for their end!) and everytime the goals went in I was the only 1 with my head in my hands sitting down. I was nearly in tears after the 3rd taking such a ribbing from my mate, it really hurts to watch us play so poorly with such a lack of heart, desire and effort.
      I left my seat to get a beer on about 35 mins (was that just after the 3rd went in, the penalty?) I couldn't stand it anymore, totally embarrassing. I think we had 1 shot on goal the whole of the 1st half, from Taarabt I think it was, but that was straight at Camp. We did improve slightly in the second half, and Camp did make a couple of decent saves, but you could tell Forest had taken their foot off the pedal somewhat. The chants of '1/2 more goal/s and we're top of the league' were so painfull when we were 4 and 5 down.
      Overall thoughts from last night :
      Ikeme is toilet, doesn't want to play ball on the deck, and did he actually make any saves?
      Connolly and Gorkks must, repeat MUST play as central defenders, Connolly is not a right back and is wasted there, unless we sign a real nasty b*stard of a centre half, someone like Big Dan?
      Stewart is simply not good enough, as is Damage.
      Hill Didn't look up to scratch to me, but don't want to be too harsh on him for a first game, but when he had time on the ball at one point, then got closed down by a Forest player, he just panicked and kicked the ball out of play!
      Buzsacky. What has happened to the 'white Pele'? He is completely off his game at the moment, very worrying.
      Faurlin is not a wide left midfielder, why play him there? He is the best passer of the ball in the team he must play in central midfield, he is wasted out wide.
      Legs and Quashie in central midfield just did not work, and I have to say, Legs was awfull. He kept giving possession away time and time again. He cannot play midfield, get him in at right back. I'm sorry but he must be stripped of the captaincy too, he did not show any leadership out on that pitch last night at all. His head kept dropping, etc. That is something you don't expect from your skipper. He is there to encourage, inspire and get the best out of the other players on the park. What must the other players think when they see the captains head drop when 4 or 5 down? Your captain you would think would also be the first name on the team sheet, is Legs that? Absolutely not. You can't have your club captain dropped on the bench, but that is where he is heading.
      Taarabt, showed some good touches, and work rate, but you can tell he is getting very p*ssed off with what is happening out there at the moment. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him head back to Spurs soon.
      And finally Simpson. Good little player, but felt sorry for the lad last night, just had no support when going forward. And when our keeper was smashing the ball long all night to him to try and win a header against that man mountain Morgan, well it just wasn't going to happen.
      Ephraim did ok when he came on, showed some bright touches, but again can't comment too much cos we offered little going forward.
      Vine also, but seemed non existant.
      So there it is. In a nutshell dire.
      We need a new keeper, definitely a good attacking footballing right back, a nasty horrible take no prisoners centre half, and 2 decent proven centre forwards who can score goals.
      Forget the play offs, we need to concentrate on avoiding relegation!
      Nice report fella.

Comment

Working...
      X