No announcement yet.

Who replaces Briatore then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think the local council would allow housing to be built on the Land ??

Comment

Jude the Cat = poetic justice !

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
        my conspiracy theory is that all is going to plan for him........the refinanced loan should be up soon.....so he could walk away....call in the loan...QPR cannot pay....buy the ground for 10mil......evict QPR....sell the land....wonder how much profit there....

but maybe i am just paranoid.
        In that kind of situation you would hope the Football League would do something to support the club. Strictly speaking it is forbidden for a Football League chairman to sell a clubs ground and leave them homeless (although there have been notable exceptions, i.e Brighton).

Obviously this arrangement would be slightly different as it would be something QPR would be contractually obliged to agree to but surely if there was some question as to whether the scenario had been created by Flavio Briatore deliberately for his own personal gain I would hope we would receive some sort of support!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 27-01-2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

my conspiracy theory is that all is going to plan for him........the refinanced loan should be up soon.....so he could walk away....call in the loan...QPR cannot pay....buy the ground for 10mil......evict QPR....sell the land....wonder how much profit there....

My belief is that ^^^^^^^ is spot on.

Comment

Would seem a logical explanation as to how the club is being run at moment.

I mean,you get the chance to buy an up and coming young keeper to back up Cerny(Heaton)He expresses is opinion that he would entertain the idea of joining QPR.But we send him back and decide to "loan"in a 4th choice keeper.You are a 4th choice keeper for a struggling premiership side for a reason.

Add to that, our only two strikers,whether you like them or not,are both loaned out to rival clubs,leaving you with 1 loan striker, who is on loan( ) -who by now wouldn't sign for us if we were last team on earth.

I hope your theory is wrong Quaz.My palace mate last night , although downhearted, name 3-4 players he felt they could sell if needed.We sold our only real sellable asset.

Comment

I have though this was his plan since he refinanced the ABC loan with a company he owns. QPR are still paying a hefty amount in interest to his company and in a few years time they will not be able yo repay it and he owns Loftus Road.

Why else is there no real investment in the team. Forest have shown us how easy it can be.

When Briatore took over, QPR were near the bottom of the CCC and Forest were in midtable in League 1.

Now compare the two clubs. QPR have risen about 7 places whilst Forest look like they are on their way to winning the CCC title.

It's quite possible that FB & Co. haven't bought into QPR to turn them into a PL club, but to make money out of selling QPR's ground. Although there might be restrictions to what the land could be used for.

Comment

Mr Blobby at least he will have more football knowledge than Tango head and wont be able to butt into team matters
                Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

finally more people are taking notice.......glad others are thinking the same......just proves now why i have been negative all along...even to the point of predicting bottom 6 finish......
                  the land is worth more to FB than promotion to the prem.........minimal outlay.....massive return........watch this space......

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    But does he know how to ruin it?
                    He's certainly making a better success at ruining our club.
                    Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------
                    https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

finally more people are taking notice.......glad others are thinking the same......just proves now why i have been negative all along...even to the point of predicting bottom 6 finish......
                      the land is worth more to FB than promotion to the prem.........minimal outlay.....massive return........watch this space......

It all makes sense. Why on earth would the investors buy into little QPR and then not put serious money into backing the team? If they were serious about getting us onto the highest stage wouldn't they aim to do it sooner? Why the mucking about? The Mittals, Briatore and Ecclestone have no motive in my club other than to make money from it.

Comment

Bin laden or Mickey Mouse
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

he would have to flee the country if he did that!

Comment

A tad far fetched Tinkerbell, but hey - you never know!

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
                              The Mittals, Briatore and Ecclestone have no motive in my club other than to make money from it.
                              and they won't do it keeping it as a football club...........

Comment

Working...
                              X