Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Routledge could be off ( BBC David McIntyre )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
    HA9

No i agree - i thought Vine was a great signing for us - injury appears to have fudged him now im afraid.But - yes - certainly the amount of dross we get in...use the loan system to your advantage...although it can work against you.Thats if the player does perform well...the price could go up.The way we got Buzz in was really good business..
    it can in some circumstances work against you, however as you rightly said it can also work in your favour

buzz for 500k was a bargain fella

its a shame vine has never been the same since his injury, with vine, buzz, and i may got shot down for this but with pat we was very dangerous

we was scoring goals for fun when those 3 played together

Comment

Looked best winger in league last season but has been hot and cold this season and not good recently. Would rather we kept him to see if he could recapture form under Mick but provided we use any fee wisely could live with his sale.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Looked best winger in league last season but has been hot and cold this season and not good recently. Would rather we kept him to see if he could recapture form under Mick but provided we use any fee wisely could live with his sale.
        for me personally he is a luxury we can afford to lose

he has little end product - imo of course

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
          for me personally he is a luxury we can afford to lose

he has little end product - imo of course
          6 goals, 9 assists and the best shots on target ratio of anybody at the club.

history shows, he's better than what we will replace him with.

why would we let him go to a rival team in our league? didnt we learn our lesson with Camp, Dex and Helguson?

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
            6 goals, 9 assists and the best shots on target ratio of anybody at the club.

history shows, he's better than what we will replace him with.

why would we let him go to a rival team in our league? didnt we learn our lesson with Camp, Dex and Helguson?
            wasnt 3 of those goal's in the cup against aldershot or something?

My point is if his off the wage bill we could then afford to get say kitson in

everyone has been crying out for a quality striker for the last 2 years

still dont think these will appease some but thats a different matter

Comment

Think it was exeter in the cup
              God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Originally posted by pc1401 View Post
                Think it was exeter in the cup
                yep thats it

so in fact his record is 3 goals 9 assists

he cant cross to save his life so god knows where he got those assists from

Comment

Originally posted by HA9 RANGER View Post
                  wasnt 3 of those goal's in the cup against aldershot or something?

My point is if his off the wage bill we could then afford to get say kitson in

everyone has been crying out for a quality striker for the last 2 years

still dont think these will appease some but thats a different matter
                  yes, some in the cup, but they still count as goals.

if its simply a matter of wages, why on earth arent we getting rid of our weaker players first? Pellicori, Alberti, Hall, Pat, Vine etc all presumably on good money and contributing sweet fa.

It makes no sense to me that at this stage of the season that the permanent player we sell first, to a rival, is one who has contributed so much more than any of the names i have listed combined.

oh wait, our billionaire oweners did the same last season so i shouldnt be too surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
                    yes, some in the cup, but they still count as goals.

if its simply a matter of wages, why on earth arent we getting rid of our weaker players first? Pellicori, Alberti, Hall, Pat, Vine etc all presumably on good money and contributing sweet fa.

It makes no sense to me that at this stage of the season that the permanent player we sell first, to a rival, is one who has contributed so much more than any of the names i have listed combined.

oh wait, our billionaire oweners did the same last season so i shouldnt be too surprised.
                    i agree to a certain extent

trouble is all those you mentioned are not showing much promise, hall is the highest earner out of that bunch

also worth noting pellicori was shown the by Paul hart only for flab to block it

you see everyone blames GP but in reality its Briatore that has the final decision on anything

Comment

Sir Les is right. And what I find doubly bizarre is even those saying Routledge can go are saying so so that we can use the money to fund a striker. We need both. If we don't have a right wing the usefulness of the striker will be lessened. We replace one problem with another (we already have a hole on the left which we keep hoping Cook will fill but there is no gaurantee of that). So selling WR would leave us with no width at all. There is noone near as good in the squad as WR down that flank - Hogan just isn't good enough and moving Buz or Simpson over would just fill one hole but create another. The more I think about this the more bizarre a decision to sell Routledge gets. It makes no sense at all!!

Comment

Originally posted by stanley75 View Post
                        Sir Les is right. And what I find doubly bizarre is even those saying Routledge can go are saying so so that we can use the money to fund a striker. We need both. If we don't have a right wing the usefulness of the striker will be lessened. We replace one problem with another (we already have a hole on the left which we keep hoping Cook will fill but there is no gaurantee of that). So selling WR would leave us with no width at all. There is noone near as good in the squad as WR down that flank - Hogan just isn't good enough and moving Buz or Simpson over would just fill one hole but create another. The more I think about this the more bizarre a decision to sell Routledge gets. It makes no sense at all!!
                        you have too think of the bigger picture

why do u think flav doesnt what to invest a significant amount?

I will let you have a think about that

Comment

And whilst I'm at it - if anyone still needs convincing remember the Watford game. WR was our only threat. Which was why there was the outcry when Magilton took him off,. The compounding error for Magiltion was taking him off for Simpson (and leaving Buz out till too late). We need the width and the strike force. Everyone knew that. Even before it kicked off in the dressing room afterward, Magilton was in trouble with the fans from this one decision. And here we seem set to be repeating it but permanently!!!

Comment

HA9 - it depends what your owners want / expect.

Rightly or wrongly - West ham are trying to lure RVN for £100,000 in bid to keep them up.
                            Financially it will be better for them to stay in Premeir league.

We are on edge of possibly playoffs and promotion.Now i don't know how much money Flavio has invested.He has brought in a lot of sponsorship deals - but i have no idea want hi has put into the club.

Now - if Flavio was to take gamble and maybe loan Kitson keep routledge and add couple more quality signings - he could get promoted and then get premeirship money.Its how teams like WBA have survived by going up and down.

But by getting rid of Routledge(if its about wages) and you bring in a lesser player - it doesn't really show much ambition...

They are just my thoughtsand easy for me to say sitting behind a computer...

Comment

One of our better players but a better player of a bad bunch. IMO he is the same at every club starts well then thinks he has made it....Big chip on his shoulder and I dont know what all the fuss is about?? apart from speed what does he bring because as a winger he sure cant cross.
                              @chrisrobson9

Comment

HA9 - sorry. I'm a reasonably intelligent bloke but that is too cryptic for me!! You will have to help me out.

It is the bidgger picture I am worried about. This selling of one of our best players with nothing up our sleeve (we have some vague rumour of a striker) is madness. We sell and do not replace with a quality winger we have a problem. It is pretty much that straightforward.

Frankly his motives for not wanting to invest are his own. I can't blame him for making the financial calls he does. But this decision is bad business as well as bad football. Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                                X