Which is Matt Connolly best position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luke_qpr832 View Post
    yep best centre back we have and although he is young he still has a better knowledge of the game than most and seems to be the only one out there that talks when rowly and mahon aint on the pitch.
    And the way he tapped his club badge after his goal made me think that he does actually care for the club. It was a real I'm doing it for QPR and none of this fake kissing nonsense.

Get Connolly in at centre back and build the team around him.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
      He's played all across the back and lately as a holding player in midfield.

Will this jack of all trades continue, or will he settle down and become a master of one?
      the one that keeps Ramage or Borrowdale out of the team

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
        And the way he tapped his club badge after his goal made me think that he does actually care for the club. It was a real I'm doing it for QPR and none of this fake kissing nonsense.

Get Connolly in at centre back and build the team around him.
        If you were to ask me where I think Connolly swhould be playing I would say this.

I would spend the rest of the season grooming Matt as a holding midfielder with Faurlin playing in front of him. The ideal manager who could have done this was Paulo Sousa, as I believe it was a position he used to play back in his hey day.

When Mahon sits in front of the back four we can see what a difference it makes to shape of the team and the organisation of the defence. Now take Connolly a player with better defensive qualities than Mahon, better composure on the ball who is also quicker and you have a good player who can be become a great player in a position where great players are hard to find.

Our season is over, I don't care what anyone says so throw Connolly into a holding midfield position, give Hogey, Balanta & German a run in the team as well and lets start building for the future for once.
        Last edited by W12_Ranger; 18-01-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          If you were to ask me where I think Connolly swhould be playing I would say this.

I would spend the rest of the season grooming Matt as a holding midfielder with Faurlin playing in front of him. The ideal manager who could have done this was Paulo Sousa, as I believe it was a position he used to play back in his hey day.

When Mahon sits in front of the back four we can see what a difference it makes to shape of the team and the organisation of the defence. Now take Connolly a player with better defensive qualities than Mahon, better composure on the ball and quicker and you have a good player who can be become a great player in a position where great players are hard to find.

Our season is over, I don't care what anyone says so throw Connolly into a holding midfield position, give Hogey, Balanta & German a run in the team as well and lets start building for the future for once.
          I think he would be excellent in that position. Graham Alexander was fabulous for Burnley playing in front of the back 4 and he could definitely do that role.

I love the 4-2-3-1 formation and in the long term I would love to see Connolly alongside either Mahon or Rowlands. But with problems in the back 4 and no full backs I don't believe a manager will try Connolly in a different position.

Comment

Working...
          X