Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
    Flavio will be there tonight, as will Bernie and the Mittals
    Do you get to mingle with them if you are in the platinum seats ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
      Do you get to mingle with them if you are in the platinum seats ?
      keep an eye on the c-club my friend
      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

There have been five transfer windows since the takeover. In the first one, some players came in, but the accounts show that the club's loss for the season was about £3-4m. When flav made that public speech on the big screen about sousa (the day we played derby), he said, "we have put millions into the club, and if you spend, we'll spend".

To me it's all bulls**t, as I think most people can now see, all the club has been spending is the club's money, and not their own. Other transfer activity since, I think, backs this up. All cheapies, some good, some bad.

But the bottom line is, no major input of funds. I presume I'm going to get slaughtered now, oh, we've spent millions since. Let's see what shows up in the next set of accounts, because I don't think that's the case.

Comment

why wait till the summer? its ridiculous why have hart in charge? even if we let gallen n birch in charge to wait till a manager was sorted... back the f'in manager.. and if this season is so dead.. how about we start building for next season NOW.. not in the summer?

some things really get my blood boiling.
          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
          Lovejoy: "No?!"
          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post
            There have been five transfer windows since the takeover. In the first one, some players came in, but the accounts show that the club's loss for the season was about £3-4m. When flav made that public speech on the big screen about sousa (the day we played derby), he said, "we have put millions into the club, and if you spend, we'll spend".

To me it's all bulls**t, as I think most people can now see, all the club has been spending is the club's money, and not their own. Other transfer activity since, I think, backs this up. All cheapies, some good, some bad.

But the bottom line is, no major input of funds. I presume I'm going to get slaughtered now, oh, we've spent millions since. Let's see what shows up in the next set of accounts, because I don't think that's the case.
            Agree.

This is our team on the 29th Jan 2008:

Camp
            Delaney, Stewart, Connolly, Hall
            Mahon, Buzsaky, Rowlands, Leigertwood,
            Vine, Agyemang

Not much has changed in two years has it?

Comment

im pretty sure a club can have up to four players on long-term loan during a single season and a club can have up to eight players on short-term loan during a season.

so 2/4 long term loans are used in taarabt and simpson.

as for short term - watson, chelsea gk, heaton, wolves number 4 gk, williams and reid = 6/8 short term loans.

dont forget tho - we cant have more than 5 in any matchday squad.

so simpson, taarabt and now wolves number 4 gk will take up 3 of those spots.
              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
              Lovejoy: "No?!"
              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by qprsteve View Post

As ever, the problem is when people look for black and white definitions of what has and hasn't been done. It's all too easy to paint Flav as a pantomime baddie, but he HAS undoubtedly put a lot of money into the club, the last accounts showed it (about £16m at that stage, with more mentioned for inclusion in the coming year).

As hard as it might be for some to imagine, someone of his wealth still probably doesn't have enough money to run a club like ours properly. Years, decades actually, of neglect on the club's infrastructure has left little more than a shell of what is required for a properly run professional football club.

Flav has spent and has come to the realisation that what he had available to spend isn't enough. I can't see how this ends without him selling up, tbh, I'm surprised he didn't do so in the summer of 09.

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
                  how about we start building for next season NOW.. not in the summer?

some things really get my blood boiling.
                  How can we build for next season now, when even the club has no idea who will be in charge?
                  God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Working...
                  X