X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davman View Post
    pete, pete, pete,

just calm yourself fella...

On sousa, there is a massive difference between criticising the team and / or manager and orchestrating a campaign to get him out.

Try answering this one: do gp's attempts to feed information to rivals seem familiar to you?
    rofpmsl

Comment

Not taking sides but what he said in the heat of fhe moment or an off the cuff remark is moving away from his merits or non merits as DOF
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

davman

As I said one conversation since christmas and one from the time magilton left to christmas, isn't really worth talking about.

By the way, I keep getting told I'm not getting things wrong on the player front, so proves my point really
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          davman

As I said one conversation since christmas and one from the time magilton left to christmas, isn't really worth talking about.

By the way, I keep getting told I'm not getting things wrong on the player front, so proves my point really
          As Clive says, it was all a bit more subtle than that. Calls from friends and hangers on. I'm sure you know what he means.

Comment

No I don't

As I say all assumptions, but post it enough and it sticks
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
              That was the phrase reportedly used.
              Did you mean to say "I don't know ?" Or are you simply refusing to give an actual yes or no answer because you do not actually know wether he said it or not ? Because of course, that could be construed as "avoiding the issue".

The only reason for asking, is that although a lot of what you write in terms of football makes a lot of sense, you seem very quick to criticise any of Pete's comments, for no other reason than your view of GP is different to that which you think Pete holds.

For instance, if he sometimes posts things that could be seen to be contradictory, although not intentionally, you and the usual band of others who adopt this attitude, immediately start becoming agressive and sometimes quite insulting.

Now, if you were to look at Clive's original article in the same manner, you could well have pointed out the contradiction between regarding someone as "a very charming man" and "a very likeable guy", and that of somebody who uses the sort of language implied, in respect of a colleague.

I seem to have missed the bit where people are criticising Clive for such a gross about turn, especially as it was in the same article and not days, weeks or months later on.

Or perhaps it didn't happen. Probably because anyone in their right mind would realise that it was one of those unfortunate mistakes, often made by respected journalists. Maybe the last sentence could be regarded as sarcasm.

And some people on here bang on about double standards!!

Comment

#bump#
                From the Hills of Kerry
                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

"At the end of the day in my opinion the sporting director role at our club is now doing more harm than good. what we need is stability, one voice. a manager that we build the whole set up around. money no object get the absolute best that we can. let him make the signings and run the whole operation. give him a three year contract and say "right after six months we want to be here, after 12 we want to be here, after 18 we want to be here and if we're not then I'm afraid that's it. if we are then after 24 months we want to be here and so on." For that to happen, a sporting director is not necessary so even if he had done a good job, which I don't think he has since the first transfer window after the takeover, it's thank you and good bye."

Leaving asiide the personal stuff that always clouds this kind of thing, and the Sousa stuff which was a small section of the whole article... the above quote is what REALLY matters.
                  And I agree with every word.

If Terry Venables, Gerry Francis, or ANYONE were Director of Football, I'd say the same. Although they'd probably do the job with a bit more knowledge abpout what is required to build a football TEAM.

The role of DoF must go.
                  Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

AndyB

Big difference I said Sousa was rubbish from the outset, I haven't come on here saying he was rubbish and then a few months down the line to get "onside" say what a good manager he was.

Thats the difference, I've always not liked Sousa, not suddenly been converted because a few fans want me to be.
                    You never liked Sousa because Paladini told you not to like him.

Comment

Great article Clive by the way. Absolutely spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
                        You never liked Sousa because Paladini told you not to like him.
                        It is precisely due to stupid comments such as this, comments that have no basis in fact, attempting to be sarcastic and failing miserably, that the debate of what GP does and wether he does it well or not, will never be held in a satisfactory manner. You have simply made up your mind and nobody will ever be able to change it, because of your inability to construct a reasoned arguement.

I personally think that it is a subject worthy of proper debate, but unlikely to ever happen in a useful way due to silly, childish insults from people who disagree with each other, regardless of their views on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          It is precisely due to stupid comments such as this, comments that have no basis in fact, attempting to be sarcastic and failing miserably, that the debate of what GP does and wether he does it well or not, will never be held in a satisfactory manner. You have simply made up your mind and nobody will ever be able to change it, because of your inability to construct a reasoned arguement.

I personally think that it is a subject worthy of proper debate, but unlikely to ever happen in a useful way due to silly, childish insults from people who disagree with each other, regardless of their views on the matter.
                          Why does it need debating? Everybody knows the relationship pete and paladini have with each other. They're tight. Paladini gives pete a drum, in return pete does whatever is asked of him. From singing paladinis praises to mounting a campaign to get shot of Sousa.
                          There is nobody left on this board who is still in the dark about pete and paladinis special realtionship. No need for debate.

The real issue we have now is how do we rid our club of paladini?

Comment

You get on with your last line, but please do me a favour

I know messageboards are great for believing all the hype, but really do yourself a favour and stick to the real facts.

You will see very little reference from me about one particular person, its normally in response to others and all what I say is my opinion. I cannot help it, if every other post people are obssessed with him.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paladinooo;221942]Why does it need debating? Everybody knows the relationship pete and paladini have with each other. They're tight. Paladini gives pete a drum, in return pete does whatever is asked of him. From singing paladinis praises to mounting a campaign to get shot of Sousa.
                              There is nobody left on this board who is still in the dark about pete and paladinis special realtionship. No need for debate.

The real issue we have now is how do we rid our club of paladini?[/QUOTE]

You may well be right with regard to him/his role becoming unnecessary.
                              Unfortunately, the people that own the club are going to be making that decision, not us.

I find it interesting that people who have accused Pete of orchestrating a campaign for Sousa's removal, which is laughable at best and totally incorrect, are actually doing exactly the same with regard to GP.

As far as I can make out from what Pete has said about Sousa, it appears that he is glad he went because the football was dire. He also criticised him for tinkering too much, thereby not allowing consistency with team selection which in turn led to a team whose attributes were stifled to the extent that the performances and results were well below what we were capable of. A bit similar to what Magilton did at the start and towards the end. And to be honest with you, I could not disagree with that analysis.

But certain posters, yourself being one of them unless I am mistaken, appear to be quite content to indulge in a witch hunt regarding GP. The only difference is that those who are, appear happy to be associated with such views, when Pete clearly denied, and rightly so in my opinion unless you can point me in the direction of the evidence, attempting such a tactic with regard to Sousa.

Since you have taken the trouble to reply to my earlier post, perhaps I could put one further question to you.

If, as you say, Pete is told by GP what to think and say, who exactly was it that obeyed Pete's supposed desires for Sousa's removal ?

I await the answer to that with great interest.

Comment

You get on with your last line, but please do me a favour

I know messageboards are great for believing all the hype, but really do yourself a favour and stick to the real facts.

You will see very little reference from me about one particular person, its normally in response to others and all what I say is my opinion. I cannot help it, if every other post people are obssessed with him.
                                was it your own opinion that we were getting 4-5 players in and one was training with us, or did a "particular person" tell you ??????
                                From the Hills of Kerry
                                To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Working...
                                X